Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2023, 07:13 AM   #33
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Probably combination of both too OP and course is easy. It definitely seems like you have to power down significantly to be fair and balanced with the AI. And that includes no specs used. You can increase their score difficulty but that gives super unrealistic scores that look weird IMO.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
What are some of the house rules you implement on your player so he’s not too OP?

I must admit I was having more fun struggling in the Kern Ferry Tour trying to make the cut than winning tournaments on the PGA Tour with a score of -30 (Scottsdale) now.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:30 AM   #34
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
What are some of the house rules you implement on your player so he’s not too OP?

I must admit I was having more fun struggling in the Kern Ferry Tour trying to make the cut than winning tournaments on the PGA Tour with a score of -30 (Scottsdale) now.
I posted above where all my attributes are now. Most of which I am maxed out as far as I'll go.

If you use any specs, I would highly advise taking those off. Really just certain shot types I wouldn't get. I powered down all recovery attributes to 0 for approach and control. That means no hack shot. No long or high flops either. No pick or spinner shot. It's probably easier to list max level of the different shot types than attribute levels.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-04-2023, 07:36 AM   #35
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

For those interested in some house rules that I'm currently using. To keep it simple, these are max levels of each shot type I am going with as of now.

Power approach- bronze
Power drive- bronze

Stinger- none

Knock down- silver
Finesse- silver
Hack- none

Runner- bronze
Pick- none
Spinner- none
Long flop- none
High flop- none

Texas wedge- bronze

These will force you to use pitch and chip shots more. Always have to use blast shots in the bunkers around the green. And with zero recovery attributes anywhere there seems to be lie penalties now.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2023 at 07:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 08:17 AM   #36
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
For those interested in some house rules that I'm currently using. To keep it simple, these are max levels of each shot type I am going with as of now.

Power approach- bronze
Power drive- bronze

Stinger- none

Knock down- silver
Finesse- silver
Hack- none

Runner- bronze
Pick- none
Spinner- none
Long flop- none
High flop- none

Texas wedge- bronze

These will force you to use pitch and chip shots more. Always have to use blast shots in the bunkers around the green. And with zero recovery attributes anywhere there seems to be lie penalties now.

Going to implement this into my Golfer. I want to play the game relying on my judgment rather that have the game be favorable because of skill points. Try to mimic as if I was playing the courses in real life with pedestrian skills lol.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:06 AM   #37
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

I’m going to pretend that my golfer sustained an injury and that his why his “performance” is hindered as I lower my skill points lol
Old 05-04-2023, 09:26 AM   #38
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I’m going to pretend that my golfer sustained an injury and that his why his “performance” is hindered as I lower my skill points lol
There you go lol. What sucks is it does cost a decent amount of reward points to take off skill attributes. The game is so good though this way IMO. Leave it to EA to bring in arcade features to mess up the balance. Though to be fair, I don't think it was their intention. They tried really hard to make a simulation golf game. But let's be real, simulation sports is just not in their forte.

I'm trying to play now on my off day from work, but game not connecting to EA servers. Hopefully it gets fixed. Hate to waste my off day unable to play lol

Old 05-04-2023, 09:35 AM   #39
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I do have my first created character still who is level 34. With him I'll max out at 50 and use all skill points. Use him for any online play and those difficult challenges to complete. I can't possibly use him in a career cause that wasn't fun for me when I was.

So that's an idea if you were up for creating a new guy. Especially if you're low on reward points to redeem enough skill points.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:46 AM   #40
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
There you go lol. What sucks is it does cost a decent amount of reward points to take off skill attributes. The game is so good though this way IMO. Leave it to EA to bring in arcade features to mess up the balance. Though to be fair, I don't think it was their intention. They tried really hard to make a simulation golf game. But let's be real, simulation sports is just not in their forte.

I'm trying to play now on my off day from work, but game not connecting to EA servers. Hopefully it gets fixed. Hate to waste my off day unable to play lol

I wish I can convert the skill points into currency so I can buy clothes and aesthetic looking equipment lol.

I guess the down side of not having your golfer to OP is that you won’t be winning as much and therefore you won’t be able to collect as much currency to buy aesthetics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »