Home

EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2023, 09:48 AM   #41
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour: How is your Career Mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I do have my first created character still who is level 34. With him I'll max out at 50 and use all skill points. Use him for any online play and those difficult challenges to complete. I can't possibly use him in a career cause that wasn't fun for me when I was.

So that's an idea if you were up for creating a new guy. Especially if you're low on reward points to redeem enough skill points.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
If you create another golfer to collect currency, can you use it on your other low rated Golfer to buy clothes and such?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 10:22 AM   #42
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
If you create another golfer to collect currency, can you use it on your other low rated Golfer to buy clothes and such?
Yeah the currency transfers over. Any gear, clubs m, cosmetic stuff you purchase can be used for any created golfer you have now or create later.

Since I'll never purchase specs for my career mode character I used my currency to buy clothes, a putter, iron club shafts, and a putter grip.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-04-2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #43
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Yeah the currency transfers over. Any gear, clubs m, cosmetic stuff you purchase can be used for any created golfer you have now or create later.

Since I'll never purchase specs for my career mode character I used my currency to buy clothes, a putter, iron club shafts, and a putter grip.

That’s great! I might restart my career from scratch then creating a new Golfer since I can use the cosmetic items. I’ll follow your house rules and cap the skill points.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:33 AM   #44
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
That’s great! I might restart my career from scratch then creating a new Golfer since I can use the cosmetic items. I’ll follow your house rules and cap the skill points.
Leveling up is very fast early on if you play 18 holes. You'll be like level 15 or somewhere close after 4 rounds of the amateur championship tournament alone. That will get you a good amount of skill points to get some basic things you'll want before playing Q school. If you actually play the Masters and US Open then you'll be set. I skipped US Open after missing cut at masters.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #45
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
I wish I can convert the skill points into currency so I can buy clothes and aesthetic looking equipment lol.

I guess the down side of not having your golfer to OP is that you won’t be winning as much and therefore you won’t be able to collect as much currency to buy aesthetics.
This is the one thing I very much dont like about the game... It's super hard to be able to afford clothing and gear... Not sure why EA thought this was a good idea.

I want to be able to purchase the things I want in my career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2023, 10:36 AM   #46
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Leveling up is very fast early on if you play 18 holes. You'll be like level 15 or somewhere close after 4 rounds of the amateur championship tournament alone. That will get you a good amount of skill points to get some basic things you'll want before playing Q school. If you actually play the Masters and US Open then you'll be set. I skipped US Open after missing cut at masters.

Have you ever considered not using a single skill point and leave your golfer as is? Or would that be too difficult?
Old 05-04-2023, 11:09 AM   #47
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Have you ever considered not using a single skill point and leave your golfer as is? Or would that be too difficult?
I think that would be extremely difficult. Especially on approach shots. You would have a super hard time keeping a ball from rolling off the green. You can try it though at least for amateur championship since that bandon dunes course is pretty easy.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:13 AM   #48
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
This is the one thing I very much dont like about the game... It's super hard to be able to afford clothing and gear... Not sure why EA thought this was a good idea.

I want to be able to purchase the things I want in my career.
I wish they gave us gear for the challenges instead of like a million xp we don't need. Rather earn xp from career mode tournaments. I want free gear and cosmetic stuff from these challenges. Especially these difficult ones.

The way it is I could care less about getting that 3rd star for just another 20k xp when I can get like 19k for 18 holes in career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »