Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2024, 12:53 PM   #2209
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
You won't get that big graphical leap with 2K when they're still making the game for old generation consoles. 2K25 will again not look much different than TGC.
Have you found information for sure that they are going to stay on the same engine? I thought I read here somewhere that they were going to move on to a more modern engine for the next release?

I've said it before...if 2k stays with the same graphics/base engine, I don't care what upgrades or clever things they do to enhance the game. I am really rooting for them and was assuming we were going to get a completely new game. If not, I'm not at all interested.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:00 PM   #2210
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
Have you found information for sure that they are going to stay on the same engine? I thought I read here somewhere that they were going to move on to a more modern engine for the next release?

I've said it before...if 2k stays with the same graphics/base engine, I don't care what upgrades or clever things they do to enhance the game. I am really rooting for them and was assuming we were going to get a completely new game. If not, I'm not at all interested.
There's been no official word yet, either way.

But I think the assumption of them staying with the current engine comes from the fact that other 2K sports games that have come out recently or are soon to release (WWE, TopSpin) are all coming out on both last- and next-gen consoles.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:04 PM   #2211
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

I'm watching Golf Channel now, and they're showing highlights of past Masters. The 1986 Masters was just on.

One thing I really miss from Tiger Woods 14 is the Legends of the Majors mode. Playing with 1986 Jack Nicklaus, 1960's Arnold Palmer, and 1930's Bobby Jones was amazing...especially with the era-specific presentation and equipment.

I imagine licensing of that mode was not cheap, but EA PGA already has models of Tom Watson, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player in the game. Having playable legends and even just incorporating them into the Challenges mode would be fantastic.

It's just another thing that a 10-year-old game offered that this one doesn't. And bringing something like that back would really add to this game's experience, I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2024, 12:23 AM   #2212
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

My PlayStation portal came in the mail a few days ago, and man I can’t wait for masters week. Playing this on the couch while watching is going to be great. In case anyone is wondering almost zero input lag.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:03 AM   #2213
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Looks like EA PGA is coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 4:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/04/...hoto_lrn_4.2.1

The description very briefly mentions today's new update:

EA Sports PGA Tour is coming to The Play List with PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play. Become a Major champion, tee off on the Par 3 Course at Augusta National, along with three new 2024 Major host courses.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:00 AM   #2214
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Looks like EA PGA is coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 4:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/04/...hoto_lrn_4.2.1

The description very briefly mentions today's new update:

EA Sports PGA Tour is coming to The Play List with PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play. Become a Major champion, tee off on the Par 3 Course at Augusta National, along with three new 2024 Major host courses.

25 GB update on Series X vs 9 GB on PS5 not sure why the big difference?
Old 04-02-2024, 12:50 PM   #2215
All Star

OVR: 13

Give credit where credit is due: adding all the major championship courses for this season is a heck of a lot more than I would have expected as an update a year into this game, and it's as significant an update as a golf game can expect in this day and age (in my opinion, of course).

I'm happy to be wrong that this was going to be a carbon-copy of the Rory game's "release & abandon" strategy. This is a substantive addition to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #2216
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Give credit where credit is due: adding all the major championship courses for this season is a heck of a lot more than I would have expected as an update a year into this game, and it's as significant an update as a golf game can expect in this day and age (in my opinion, of course).

I'm happy to be wrong that this was going to be a carbon-copy of the Rory game's "release & abandon" strategy. This is a substantive addition to the game.

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »