Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2024, 08:59 AM   #2177
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I think if we get absolutely nothing leading up to the masters will tell the tale of where this game is at. If we get the par 3 course at Augusta (pretty sure they’ve scanned the entire property) then there’s hope.
100% agreed.

The Par-3 course, a patch that addresses remaining bugs and things, a timeline or roadmap that indicates that the '24 major hosts are coming or other improvements are on the way, new Challenges added...things like that.

Like I said before, that would at least get the game to have some legs thru the next few months.

If it's just a Pro Pass with maybe a small patch, then...IDK.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:38 AM   #2178
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
Disagree with your opinion. It almost seems as if this is a scenario you hope plays out, with all your references to Rory and negative input.

I mean that's fine...your opinion. Not necessarily true, but your take on the game. It's like you have to run down the positive posts almost every chance you get.

I get it. You don't like the game. It's not for you. Lots of folks enjoy it. It's a good game for many.
What I think will happen is irrelevant. No way can you point to the problems with this game and say it is due to a short development cycle.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:42 AM   #2179
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
Disagree with your opinion. It almost seems as if this is a scenario you hope plays out, with all your references to Rory and negative input.

I mean that's fine...your opinion. Not necessarily true, but your take on the game. It's like you have to run down the positive posts almost every chance you get.

I get it. You don't like the game. It's not for you. Lots of folks enjoy it. It's a good game for many.

I really don't think anyone is "rooting for downfall".
It's honestly just more reading the situation from start to middle to "now"

There is so much missing (especially on PC) that it's just hard to be that excited about it, even if they add a bit more content.

If they'd release a roadmap or discuss the plans more openly, it'd be amazing.

An example here is MSFS 2020/2024 -- The way the devs map out and talk publicly about their plans is exactly how to do this in modern times.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:24 PM   #2180
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I really don't think anyone is "rooting for downfall".
It's honestly just more reading the situation from start to middle to "now"

There is so much missing (especially on PC) that it's just hard to be that excited about it, even if they add a bit more content.

If they'd release a roadmap or discuss the plans more openly, it'd be amazing.

An example here is MSFS 2020/2024 -- The way the devs map out and talk publicly about their plans is exactly how to do this in modern times.
I don't know if any other major sports title that does what you mentioned. Not Madden, not The Show, not NHL, etc. I am not familiar with the game you mentioned.

Let's get real for a second. It is very easy to see which posters are biased against the game because it is an EA product. Or that it doesn't include or update features that they want in the game.

To trash the game like some do and say pretty much that it is the same game put out a few years ago is nonsense. These type of over the top comparisons and posts are so easy to see through, and can give those who have not bought the game an unrealistic view.

Some people just enjoy being the curmudgeon I guess.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:06 PM   #2181
Pro

This ought to be...interesting...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 10:28 PM   #2182
Pro

Why do I have the feeling the majority of us will get nothing, but the few PC guys will finally get cross platform play? Most are playing career mode and couldn't care less about cross platform play. But the 7 to 9 players on PC playing Sim and Tour, entering their tournaments are very vocal on the EA board. It just seems the guys over there constantly complaining are almost all PC guys.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:52 AM   #2183
Pro

I don't know what it means but... at the EA Answer HQ, somebody started a subject that it would be nice to make our own golf course. Then a EA rep answered "That would be nice, thanks for posting".

Could it be...
Old 03-22-2024, 10:54 AM   #2184
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
I don't know what it means but... at the EA Answer HQ, somebody started a subject that it would be nice to make our own golf course. Then a EA rep answered "That would be nice, thanks for posting".
LOL, saw that too. Interesting how THAT post was the one that got a near immediate response from an EA rep...

:-)

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 03-22-2024 at 11:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »