Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) (/forums/showthread.php?t=1011492)

MrArlingtonBeach 04-03-2023 11:10 AM

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

Seems like trials and early access of this game are beginning to make their way into the wild. So it also seems like a good idea to create a specific thread related to the community's thoughts and feelings about the game.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions...hit 'em straight!

green94 04-03-2023 11:18 AM

Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions

Played first round at ANGC with Brooks Koepka.

Graphics are ridiculous… course sounds are on point.

Will take some getting used to the swing mechanic… it doesn’t feel as “fluid” as 2k.

Played on tournament with no modifications and I was +7 on the front 9…

green94 04-03-2023 11:24 AM

One other note on the courses… hit one offline at ANGC and to see the ball roll through the fairway and into the first cut and eventually the rough was awesome.

Definitely changed speed and direction the way it should. Course management will be a big factor!

MrArlingtonBeach 04-03-2023 11:25 AM

Also, a couple requests...

Could someone:

1) check to see how female golfers are implemented into career mode, or if there is a specific LPGA Tour career mode
2) check to see what the "required" online connection means for career mode

Thank you!

scagwi 04-03-2023 11:27 AM

I think it was Apex who said it..

Everything feels too slow

(not a frame rate thing -- just the whole game experience...seems...slooow)

Ronoko 04-03-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scagwi (Post 2050754530)
I think it was Apex who said it..

Everything feels too slow

(not a frame rate thing -- just the whole game experience...seems...slooow)

Well, that's playing golf for ya

golfnut67 04-03-2023 11:31 AM

I'm 3 holes in on Tour mode with some aids and power boost turned off. Way, way too easy. I holed a chip from 15 yards off the green on literally my 5th shot. And, right as I hit the ball, the lighting dimmed, and it went into slow motion, basically telling me in advance that my shot was going in. It did.

Very first shots on Tour are going dead straight, even though my approach shot I slipped off the stick and pushed it way to the right, the ball only faded slightly to the right, 15 feet from the hole.

I still haven't figured out how hard to hit it putting but I'm sure I'll figure it out in the next couple of holes. A guy in another thread is playing on Sim with everything turned off and he's saying it's incredibly easy.

Oh boy.

scagwi 04-03-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnut67 (Post 2050754539)
I'm 3 holes in on Tour mode with some aids and power boost turned off. Way, way too easy. I holed a chip from 15 yards off the green on literally my 5th shot.

I was a little behind you. Hardest swing settings I could dial up.

Sawgrass - 3rd hole chip in out of the rough -- didn't even aim it and it had way too much speed.

In any other golf game, other than Rory, it would have lipped or popped or something.... not "gone right in the hole".