Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2024, 09:52 AM   #2225
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

I've been playing with a lot of stuff in this game. A knockdown shot works very well on those pesky tee shot where they force you to play with a tree in front. I barely lose any distance. I now have a 9 hybrid, it works so well to land the ball on greens compare with a long iron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 12:51 PM   #2226
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

So we're about a month or so from when it started happening...and the tournaments in EA PGA are still having scores erased from the leaderboards somehow.

I posted scores in the Seasonal tournament on Pro and the Weekly tournament on Arcade, and now my scores no longer show up on the leaderboards at all. There's been no comment from any EA rep or dev...super frustrating.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:30 PM   #2227
Pro

It sure looks like they can't fix this leaderboard issue, for whatever reason.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:32 PM   #2228
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
It sure looks like they can't fix this leaderboard issue, for whatever reason.
Makes me sort of feel bad about hammering 2k for these sorts of issues at one point
Old 04-12-2024, 04:31 PM   #2229
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Makes me sort of feel bad about hammering 2k for these sorts of issues at one point
Someone at the EA forums said they've spent 5,000 coins and 25 tickets on tournaments with no rewards given back to them because their scores vanished. I think others have lost even more than that. Just crazy.

Due to these issues, I had been only playing the Daily Tournament, which has no entry fee. But I started playing more because this week's Weekly Tournaments were at Augusta, and the seasonal ones were as well. The Quests for the week were related to playing at Augusta, so at least I was rewarded for those.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-12-2024 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:40 PM   #2230
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Are the "Par Saves" Mastery Quest requirements working for anyone at the Augusta Par-3 course? You need 5 Par Saves as one of the Exploration Mastery Quest objectives for the course, and I can't get anything to register for it.

I miss in the fairway, the rough, and the sand, and up-and-downs from any of those are not counting as par saves.

EDIT - just saw that this is an issue, and has been reported at the EA Answers forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...s/m-p/13617601
Update on this...they fixed the Par Saves issue at the Augusta Par-3 course, and it worked for me now to get the first level of course mastery there!

Also, I just got to the PGA Championship at Valhalla in my career mode, and there is a specific intro video before Round 1, where they talk about the course in detail - stuff about how some of the holes are named Thor's Hammer and Odin's Revenge. Leads me to think there'd be specific on-course commentary coming for the new courses at some point.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-12-2024 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:19 PM   #2231
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Update on this...they fixed the Par Saves issue at the Augusta Par-3 course, and it worked for me now to get the first level of course mastery there!

Also, I just got to the PGA Championship at Valhalla in my career mode, and there is a specific intro video before Round 1, where they talk about the course in detail - stuff about how some of the holes are named Thor's Hammer and Odin's Revenge. Leads me to think there'd be specific on-course commentary coming for the new courses at some point.
Now that is very good to know. I'm guessing that only happens in Career mode, I've played Valhalla at least 3 times online. So yes I agree, that would hopefully indicate that they are working on at least some new presentation/commentary for Troon and Pinehurst.

As for the whole scoreboard/scores being erased, as scagwi pointed out, I remember you guys posting here that was happening with 2k as well. I've never really played tournaments.

It just seems like stuff like that happening, with 2 different games and companies, is very strange. It seems like it's basic "computing 101" type stuff...capture scores, enter into database for that user, crunch and sort, etc.

To me it almost has to be network related, not a bug or inability to compile the data and spit out the stats and rewards. That kind of computing has been going on since the earliest days of mainframes the size of my house.

My bet would be, one minor glitch or interruption of connectivity within their servers, even for less than a second when the data is being transferred and compiled, the program processing that stuff just says "fail" and that's the end of that compiling process.

One very slight interruption of connectivity within their internal networks, or even between the user and their internal networks, causes the process to fail, punt the process, and reset back to the most recent successful process and stats in the system.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by golfnut67; 04-12-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM   #2232
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
As for the whole scoreboard/scores being erased, as scagwi pointed out, I remember you guys posting here that was happening with 2k as well. I've never really played tournaments.

It just seems like stuff like that happening, with 2 different games and companies, is very strange. It seems like it's basic "computing 101" type stuff...capture scores, enter into database for that user, crunch and sort, etc.

To me it almost has to be network related, not a bug or inability to compile the data and spit out the stats and rewards. That kind of computing has been going on since the earliest days of mainframes the size of my house.

My bet would be, one minor glitch or interruption of connectivity within their servers, even for less than a second when the data is being transferred and compiled, the program processing that stuff just says "fail" and that's the end of that compiling process.

One very slight interruption of connectivity within their internal networks, or even between the user and their internal networks, causes the process to fail, punt the process, and reset back to the most recent successful process and stats in the system.

Does that make sense?
2K's problem was that the career mode scores kept changing. Very annoying and immersion-breaking.

EA's problem is that players participate in a daily, weekly, or seasonal events - usually "paying" tickets or coins - and their scores get erased and they don't always get rewards for playing. Annoying and frustrating, but also resulting in players losing in-game currency too.

Both are issues that needed to be fixed, but EA's is costing players, and they haven't said anything or changed how the Tournaments are being done in-game. And it's been going on for a month now.

I am sure it's a server issue or something, but they were working correctly up until this ordeal as far as I can recall. They should either stop offering Tournaments until it's fixed, or make all events free until they figure out how these scores are just disappearing.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-12-2024 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »