Home

TapOrSnap AMA

This is a discussion on TapOrSnap AMA within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2023, 06:08 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TapOrSnap AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Thanks for the AMA.
I just want to voice my disappointment in the only new fighters for this edition, Mike Tyson/Muhammad Ali/Fedor Emelianenko.

For a 40$ premium, I expected more. At this point I don't see what the point of including them at all was, other than to bait people in with huge names.

Fighter uniqueness needs to get priority. It's just no fun this way to have these people even appear in the game like this.

Also can the "Hold X to skip" stuff just be turned into actually hitting X to skip. It's such a pain.
Thank you for doing this.

Agreed on the disappointment on the roster. A lot of big names (Werdum, Lesnar, Nngannou etc.) were removed and almost none (except the DLC) were added. Hopefully some big names can be re-added through a prime icons DLC / update (Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, Frank Serra, Dan Hardy & Mirko Cro Cop).

Glad to see the increase in CAF slots. If possible, would love to see it additionally increased.

Finally, a pride mode / DLC (would be willing to pay for it) including additional pride fighters / versions (Heath Herring, Sakuraba, Don Frye, Bobb Sapp, Mark Hunt, Soukoudjou, Nakamura etc.) would be great.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:31 AM   #34
Rookie

My only question really is why the movement in these games always looks so stiff and robotic. Especially being that I'm sure some of the Fight Night Champion team is still working there. And I'll also caveat this by saying that FN 3 and FN 4 suffered from the exact same problems as UFC does, FNC is the exception. The footwork is unrealistic. The strikes look unnatural, be it kicks or punches or knees. The only fighter who ever had decent jabs, straights or hooks in these games is Mike Tyson. Probably because he's using FNC animations. The hit reactions are either too pronounced and unrealistic or not pronounced enough, there seems to be no in-between.

Is it because the animation and physics system you guys have don't allow for more realistic and smoother movement? Is it a design choice to make the moves look more telegraphed? Is it an artistic choice because the animation team thinks they look good? I just don't get it. I'm sure you guys have copies of FNC laying around the office. I'm sure you play them. I'm sure you can see the difference?

Last edited by skz1904; 10-24-2023 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:32 AM   #35
MVP

Sounds like they removed some fairly big names and you still can't give everyone champion shorts.

Event mode sounds a little junky.

No new fighters.

I love Fedor, but I've got bigger names to work with in my universe mode in UFC 4, currently.

Going to save my money for now until a better product or something gets added that makes me want to buy.

Roster/Presentation/Immersion are my non-negotiables and they are a little light, and not enough value added from product I've already got.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 07:41 AM   #36
Rookie

Hello,

Is it possible to add more finish the fight position with better animations ?
Or when you KO your opponent, being able to put on some follow UP shots ?

Also, can you improve Ragdoll in KO ? I mean the New Replay system is awesome, but with better KO animation, it would be better.

EA loves influencers, so imagine if KOs become a viral thing on YouTube. Could be a good point for the game.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:48 AM   #37
MVP

- seated against the cage position

- finish the fight after ko

- referee interactions for submission and flash ko

can we get this features?
Old 10-24-2023, 09:20 AM   #38
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

One thing I'd like to suggest for career mode is to lower the requirements for learning new moves. You shouldn't have to wait until you're a UFC champion just to learn a simple kimura.

Adding specific moves makes the fighter feel unique and really helps add variety for folks like me who like to replay the career mode with different fighter 'builds' or archetypes.

Just my two cents. Overall I'm really enjoying the career mode so far. The AI fighters in the WFA fight a lot smarter than last year and it's making this portion of the career much more enjoyable.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:57 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I been playing ufc every year and I have to say this is the most fun I have had since the pride days. I notice submission are now automatic what goes thru then to making someone tap and did I turn something on by mistake for that to happen
It's based on stamina and your submission meter how long you can go for. If those are drained, you'll probably get tapped immediately.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:30 PM   #40
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I want to talk about the knockdown system. There are too many kd in the game. Knockdown and get up very quickly over and over. I think it needs to be addressed. Knockdown should be reduced and put some struggle or delay to get up.
Thank you for the input. We always try to balance the excitement of getting a knockdown with the realism of not letting it happen too often. However since you aren't actually in your fighter's head, health events are one of the primary ways we communicate the severity of your situation, so we have typically erred on the side of too many is better than too few.

In our game we have several different types of KD. Alert knockdowns where the fighter stumbles but automatically comes up, regular knockdowns where the fighter falls to the ground, and physics knockdowns where we've detected the fighter is in a situation where they are too unbalanced to stay standing such as when their legs are kicked out from under them and the animation can't recover.

We used to have recovery delays on the regular knockdowns depending on severity but the majority of players didn't enjoy that feature so they have been greatly reduced. In general we shy away from taking control away from the player.

We will continue to review the frequencies of all health events.

TOS

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »