Home

TapOrSnap AMA

This is a discussion on TapOrSnap AMA within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2023, 07:23 PM   #25
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TapOrSnap AMA

Thanks for the AMA.
I just want to voice my disappointment in the only new fighters for this edition, Mike Tyson/Muhammad Ali/Fedor Emelianenko.

For a 40$ premium, I expected more. At this point I don't see what the point of including them at all was, other than to bait people in with huge names.

Fighter uniqueness needs to get priority. It's just no fun this way to have these people even appear in the game like this.

Also can the "Hold X to skip" stuff just be turned into actually hitting X to skip. It's such a pain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2023, 10:12 PM   #26
Pro

Why can we not select championship shorts for anyone other than the champion in fight now? This feature was present in UFC 2 and has inexplicably been left o it ever since… Also, presentation has been trimmed in virtually every sports game from EA, this is no exception. Is there any reason Brice’s intros have been cut down significantly and entrances only show for the main event and championship fights in event mode?

Other then that, I’m pleasantly surprised with this and having a lot of fun so kudos to everything going on inside the octagon, just wondering why this presentation seems to get left behind in weird areas, while other areas of the presentation shine bright
Old 10-23-2023, 10:18 PM   #27
MVP

I want to talk about the knockdown system. There are too many kd in the game. Knockdown and get up very quickly over and over. I think it needs to be addressed. Knockdown should be reduced and put some struggle or delay to get up.

Last edited by tissues250; 10-23-2023 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:30 AM   #28
Rookie

The game actually feel and look excellent, congrats on that, are there any plan to add diferent cage and ground positions?.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:20 AM   #29
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I been playing ufc every year and I have to say this is the most fun I have had since the pride days. I notice submission are now automatic what goes thru then to making someone tap and did I turn something on by mistake for that to happen

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 10-24-2023, 03:33 AM   #30
Pro

I have a question about the presentation. It's been brought up on YouTube a lot but idk if the devs are fully aware, but Bruce Buffer doesn't introduce the fighters properly atm. We're missing the full fighter intros with their stats, height, weight etc, and region as well. Also the fighters getting patted down before entering the octagon is also gone as of now. I'm wondering if this is a bug because this got brought up on some streams and apparently it's been brought up to the devs but I just want to know for sure because presentation is a big one for me! Is this a bug or did it get removed? If it got removed will it be added back in? Thank you in advance, having a blast with UFC 5 and I can definitely see the game is headed in the right direction and I can't wait to see what updates you guys have for us in the future!

Last edited by Stealthhh; 10-24-2023 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:28 AM   #31
MVP

Why are we forced to throw just 1 elbow? and posture down automatically? Is there any technical problem or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 05:52 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Why can we not select championship shorts for anyone other than the champion in fight now? This feature was present in UFC 2 and has inexplicably been left o it ever since…
It seems stupid but this issue might actually cause me not to buy the game. It's just really inexplicable, despite having the abundant alt. colours, so there's plenty of "slots" for clothing options. This is really the predominant "issue" people on internet seem to be having, also on their official forums. I'll even accept us having to "unlock" them for each character or something, even though that would be annoying. But it's better than nothing...

As for more hair options: just stop cutting content, like Michelle Waterson's short hair, which felt unique in the game. I refuse to believe all those exotic wacky hairs were remade from scratch for this engine. I assume they had to be ported. Waste of time if you ask me. A lot of them are never an option.

As for the lack of female body types: not a major issue, but please, please stop touting about diversity and equality while your game doesn't do much to improve it. I also tried the EAFC soccer game yesterday. Our female soccer team is in it but they look nothing like their real life counterparts. Why bother including them? Do it properly. If you can do it for crappy teams, you can do it for the women's teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Why are we forced to throw just 1 elbow? and posture down automatically? Is there any technical problem or something?
This is obviously by design. See it as an automatic defense trigger. For gameplay purposes, I like this, as otherwise everyone will always just spam elbows to get the cut opportunity. Now it makes you think about setting up one with other punches.

Last edited by Blackman316; 10-24-2023 at 05:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »