Home

TapOrSnap AMA

This is a discussion on TapOrSnap AMA within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2023, 06:54 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: TapOrSnap AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
Again I can't comment on why we haven't done exhaustive champ shorts in this title but I can comment that UFC 2 isn't an argument why we should. None of the UFC 2 clothing assets are usable in the current game for a litany of reasons and any up to date equivalents would need to be recreated from scratch.
TOS

What a load of crap. You do realise that - when you're selecting any "real" fighter in career mode and eventually get the strap - you WILL be wearing champ shorts? This proves that the "asset" is not tied to the model and can easily be swapped and assigned as a preset. Any existing fighter can technically be made to wear them. Like many resources in the game, it's there but unselectable, and this is so frustrating to experience.

You downplaying this feature is just laughable. Can you imagine if you didn't have proper jerseys of FCB for the FIFA/soccer game? Your game would be dead on arrival. The whole point is to recreate the real soccer/mma experience. Surely you must've noticed champions wear specialized trunks. This is a part of the viewing experience, at least for me. It's what makes the title events special. In our games any fighter could become champion so it should be made available. It's such a small thing and really simple to implement and EA just refuses to do it. It's lazy. There's no other words for it.

Last edited by Blackman316; 10-24-2023 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 07:08 PM   #66
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nicewatch22
First of all thanks for doing this. Im hoping I can get this answered because it may be the deciding factor in me purchasing the full game.

I am pretty much an all offline player. I like to run events that mirror IRL fight cards. In UFC 4 the advanced settings were separated by player and CPU. In UFC 5 it was changed to red and blue corner. That means that if i want to do custom settings I can only fight out of one corner for the whole fight which really kills the immersion for me.

Do you know why this changed and if theres a chance it could be reverted back?
You had me questioning my sanity for a bit there, which isn't to say it's fine, but at least safe from this case. UFC 4 also split the settings before a fight into red vs blue, however we did have CPU vs Player in UFC 3.

We changed this in 4 (and kept it in 5) because having CPU vs Player sliders made it impossible to have CPU vs CPU, or Player vs Player fights with different tuning per fighter, which a lot of people like to use when running universes or with couch-play. While I understand the desire of convenience to swap corners mid-event without changing settings, it comes at the cost of not allowing another group to play how they want.

This is a case of not being able to please everyone, and us trying to find the lesser evil. If that's the deciding factor for you, then safe bet it won't change in the near future of UFC 5.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #67
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzeric
Probably a terrible spot for this but I have a bug to report and don’t know where else to do it.

I stopped receiving XP in the online career mode. After every win it just say I gained 0 xp and my xp bar doesn’t move from 500/550

Started happening after using my final double xp coin. Also after creating fighters for other divisions and ‘activating’ them. Don’t know if either of those 2 things may be playing a part.

I’m on Xbox gamer tag zzzeric
I spoke to the folks here about this issue. There is a daily XP cap in online career. I can't see above how many times you prestiged before your XP froze so without further information that seems to be the most likely cause.

If your XP is still frozen tomorrow please let me know.

TOS
Old 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Archetypes are a fairly frequent topic of discussion within the team.

Our game has so many available moves and so many avenues to victory the ensuring that all possible fighter builds are balanced is daunting.

There are always going to be folks who want to put all their skill points into their overhand and one punch KO everything they see and there will always be folks who want a sim experience where all fighters are fairly well rounded with specialties in specific areas.

Being a traditionally offline player myself I like the idea of open skill trees, as playing offline if there is an exploitable build and I choose to use it because that's fun for me I should be able to, it's not hurting anyone. Once we get online though it is problematic. I remember in UFC 1 the takedown to side control was too easy and the follow up kimura as well, we had to address this in subsequent patches. Imagine if I could build a fighter with just one fantastic takedown into just one fantastic submission, my opponent wouldn't know I had that build until the fight ended. That wouldn't be a very good experience.

Archetypes are an attempt to allow you to create a fighter but still have a balanced online experience.

TOS
With all due respect, i would disagree with this premise that allowing us freedom is not balanced. The entire point you made here gets countered by the system you developed to support the "archtypes". If you have total freedom to build your caf which lets be honest its 2023 going into 2024, every game aims to give more options and freedoms these days, so im not sure why this one is going the other way with limitations, but a backend system that would help support these freedoms is what would prevent you from having overpowered Cafs in the first place.

So for example, if you provide me 100 caf points to build my caf how i want it, sure, i may want to replicate Hendo Bomb and put all my points into an overhand lvl 100, but then i would have no kicks, no takedowns, no defense, no chin, no cardio, no jabs, no bjj defense, the balance is there im good at 1 thing and bad at 20 others...Now if your system allows me to get 100 into almost everything, thats where an issue would arise, but again its based on your system to support something like this.

I personally dont understand what challenges you even speak of when it comes to this issue, because they are so simplistic...if you know a certain takedown or skillset move is very good or OP, then make it cost a lot of points to have it on your caf? or if you find out something is OP later on, you can balance it via a simple update... I dont really see an issue here aside from effort, for a 5th iteration of a game i feel like this should be a must...NBA 2k for example gives you the freedom to make your player however u want... if you want to be a 3 point god and suck at everything else you can...MLB the show does the same, they do however limit your pitcher from having a knuckle ball because its OP, see simple? why is this any different? One of the most if not THE most diverse sports in the world for some reason has to battle the developers to make sure that it can be? That's strange to me as a semi casual.

Again, i say this with no disrespect intended or ill will, you might have to have thick skin while reading sure, but i think allowing people to be creative is a positive not a negative, all the videos right now on youtube that are boosting the trends for your game are from career mode and people building their CAFs and customizing their move lists and their looks, im not sure how limiting this aspect which should be a strength for your game can ever be a bad thing especially if there is back end support behind it.

Last edited by HypeRNT; 10-24-2023 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:35 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
We made this change to address feedback that walkouts were too long, so were looking at ways to shorten the prefight and get players into game quickly.

For 3 round fights in career, we wanted to build the experience up to the player and save all the 5 round pageantry for later in career. Giving the player a sense of progression.

TOS
Thank you for the reply! I'd argue that most people would want this feature back. It's been brought up a lot, anyway we can get those presentation features back perhaps in an update? It really does ruin the immersion a bit, especially since the presentation is so good now. I also noticed the women's Bantamweight division has less fighters than UFC 4. There's a few missing but off the top of my head, Megan Anderson and Aspen Ladd aren't there. Wondering if there's a reason why they got removed or will they be there by full launch? Last question from me, in tournament and create an event mode, it no longer lets us add the backyard or kumite as a venue. This feature was actually in UFC 4. Can this be added back in? I really enjoy the backyard now, I got some really brutal looking fights. So I would love to have some backyard style tournaments. Btw game is insanely fun, I stayed up all night playing it lol.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:26 AM   #70
Rookie

TOS you didn't reply to my questions about KOs
Thanks.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:57 AM   #71
Rookie

Just a heads up regarding AI.

I'm watching Martial mind Career mode videos on YouTube. He submits legendary AI very easily in all his fights. If he gets denied once or twice he just tries again immediately and gets the tap.

I don't have the game and I know MM is very good but it might be worth looking into it as it seems too easily exploitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 05:37 AM   #72
Rookie

There's been an issue with the gameplay that has been bothering me since UFC 4. When we knock down our opponent near the cage, no matter what, they always end up sitting and sticking to the cage. There should be more variability in this situation, or they should just be on the ground, rather than sitting and sticking to the cage every time.

Furthermore, if the opponent takes too much damage, the game automatically transitions into full mount. I don't want to transition to that position at all, but the system always forces the player into full mount. This is frustrating, and it's surprising that UFC 5 is exactly the same as UFC 4 in this regard. I hope this can be changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »