Home

Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2024, 12:48 PM   #49
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Yea that's similar to what i saw as well so a huge win that it would included.

Its a impossible task to get it to match real life and code that. The best bet is to have it customizable and the ability to turn it off for those that don't want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Saw a post saying that they want to be realistic and have multiple transfers. But there needs to be balance unlike real life
Old 04-16-2024, 11:02 AM   #50
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Even though they are two transfer portals in real life. I'm thinking they will just be one in the game.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:16 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Even though they are two transfer portals in real life. I'm thinking they will just be one in the game.
For me, it would be nice if there was a coach skill that allows you heavily sway your players to stay. There should be a coach skill tree like in the past. I would definitely choose the skill to keep players from transferring out

Yeah, I don't see them having a winter portal and Spring Portal. Just like, I don't see coaches getting fired and hired around the Bowl Season. I somewhat expect it to be very similar to the past, but a little more expanded. I either expect a more expanded Transfer Portal window before/after Recruiting period or blend both offseason Recruiting Period and Transfer Portal window together and make us have choose how we allocate resources.

How I would do it:

Coach Carousel
Transfer Portal-have a 3-5 week period
Offseason Recruiting
Ideally Spring Game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 08:32 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

One small thing I want to see for recruits is something connected to the game itself. Is a overhauled new player creation suites, more preferably new CAP faces for Recruits. I really don't want to see the same CAP faces that are in Madden. These recruits are 17-18 year Olds, I don't want to see them with 35+ year old faces. Hell, a lot of the CAP faces in Madden have been around since the 360/PS3 era. I want to see a new player creation suite that has a more realistic, in this case, younger faces for recruits
Old 04-17-2024, 10:40 AM   #53
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

The quote I saw from the Matt Brown newsletter on transfer portal was they were balancing it from real life to make it fun. So having one period instead of two I assume would fall into that. I could maybe see two periods where players leave and then 1 period of FA type screen where you try and bring people in.

A option similar to NCAA 14 where you could convince guys would be nice. I'm not sure if it would be best to have the portal before or after the final recruiting period. I lean toward after that way If I miss out on I can use the portal as a band aid before the season ends. However having it before could create more unknowns and be fun.

Yea the same 10 faces from Madden is a small thing, but should be easy to fix. Hopefully since its not on last gen this will be fixed
Old 04-22-2024, 11:50 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 0

The reality of today's game is recruiting is only part of developing a team due to the portal. That's the reason Saban gave for retiring. The recruits only want to hear how much NIL cash they will get.

If the game includes an option to turn off the portal I'd be tempted to do that and return to the old rules where a player had to sit out and nobody got cash.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:14 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The reality of today's game is recruiting is only part of developing a team due to the portal. That's the reason Saban gave for retiring. The recruits only want to hear how much NIL cash they will get.

If the game includes an option to turn off the portal I'd be tempted to do that and return to the old rules where a player had to sit out and nobody got cash.
Honestly, I would do the same if given the option. If I could turn off the Transfer Portal, I would. In real life, I'm all for athletes having the freedom of movement and chance to profit off their NIL. But, I don't like how blatant Pay for Play it has become.

It doesn't have to be completely turned off for me. If there was a way to tone it down, I'd be okay with it. We're seeing thousands of players enter the portal every year and the number increases every year. I don't know what's a good number, maybe limiting the number to 100-200 max. Unlike real life, there needs to be clear logic. Maybe a Morale System and/or clear set of reasons why the player is transferring. I don't really want to deal with NIL or some type of budget system. It would be one thing if there was a budget system for Athletic Director purposes or stadium upgrades, but not for recruiting. It would make recruiting a little to overwhelming and time consuming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 11:56 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going to utilize the Transfer Portal, it just needs to be balanced and under control unlike real life. I hope they structure the start of dynasty like it is in real life for a new coach. It doesn't have to be in the bowl season. But, it'll be nice to be able to start off in the Winter Recruiting Period and be able to go after Transfer Portal players. I think it can really jump-start a building process. Typically, I would spend first two seasons recruiting only. I don’t start playing until my third season when the roster flipped completely from the start. That's when most of the roster are MY guys. But, if I can immediately get transfer players at the start, I can have win-now players so I could play from the start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »