Home

Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2024, 09:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

To have the recruiting side of things feel more authentic to the sport, I think EA has to tackle a couple of key aspects.

First, ambiguity. Do not tell me I am earning 650 points a week and am 50 points behind the top team for a recruit. Have the recruit relay feedback to me himself that I have to trust to go off of. An example is me clicking on a recruit's card and having a variety of quotes that could appear there giving you an idea of where you stand. Some examples below:

"You're my top school"
"You're in the top 3(or 5, 10, etc)"
"I don't have a favorite yet, but you're definitely up there"
"I am completely locked in and shutting things down with other schools"
"Don't waste your time on me coach"
"It's too early in the process for me to have anything narrowed down yet, coach"

You have clearly identified the most significant issue with recruiting in 14. I don't add recruiting skills in order to make recruiting more difficult. I'm giving my entire 500 points and some CPU coach is giving his entire 700 points and that team is pulling away. I know early on that I have no real shot at landing this recruit so I move on. On another recruit I am allocating 500 points and I'm pulling away by 300 or more points, so I know I can cut this recruit's allocation to 250 points and still pad my lead on a weekly basis. When I decrease my interest in a recruit (whether a point system or specific actions), that recruit should react negatively almost to the point of an overreaction because he thinks I am no longer that interested or committed to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Ambiguity also needs to be a thing in terms of scouting. I think the fog of war system Madden has in place with the draft prospects needs to be a similar approach EA takes with recruits.

Initially, recruits would have wide ratings ranges. An example is a QB have Throw Power A-C, Throw Accuracy Short, B-D, and so on. As higher rated recruits do events they may have their ratings naturally become slightly more accurate, but you never get a definite number value. Also, if EA would introduce on campus recruiting events, that would be another way for the player to select a number of recruits to host to get a boost in their scouting so you could invite 10 QB's to campus over the summer and have all of them go from having 3 letter ranges to 2 letter ranges. E.g. all your QBs have either A-C or B-D Throw Power ranges, but after they come to your event they all go to A-B, B-C, or C-D ranges, so you can slowly narrow down who you want to focus on.

While I agree with this, I wouldn't make it as generic as I believe you have suggested here. A great QB coach should be able to scout a QB better than a great WR coach could. So the QB coach might see a QB's accuracy as 90 -- 94, but the WR coach would see that player's accuracy as 80-99. But I think we'd need to have the ability to hire our coaches for this to be fun rather than frustrating.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:37 AM   #18
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Have they released any official details about recruiting yet? Like anything concrete?
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-11-2024, 09:39 AM   #19
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Have they released any official details about recruiting yet? Like anything concrete?
I've not see a single thing yet and would assume that is coming in May
Old 03-11-2024, 09:53 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

At this point, don't expect anything major until the full reveal. We just got to appreciate any of the breadcrumbs we get until then. I'm patient, because once May hits, everything will start rolling out consistently
Old 03-11-2024, 10:07 AM   #21
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

There has to be a way for players to decommit or flip on signing day.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 11:26 AM   #22
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
After reading this thread and thinking then to match real life yea you need to. Having a system where you just ignore them once they have committed definitely doesn't happen in real life. In 14 with the points system it was key to get those early commits so you could give them to others before visits started.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
After reading this thread and thinking then to match real life yea you need to. Having a system where you just ignore them once they have committed definitely doesn't happen in real life. In 14 with the points system it was key to get those early commits so you could give them to others before visits started.
For me, best way to handle that is to have Soft Commits and Hard Commits. If a recruit is a Hard Commit, then you don't have to pour any more time into that player and don't have to worry about another team poaching him. But, if a recruit is a Soft Commit, then you have to still pour time(at a reduced rate), and other teams have to spend increased rate of time on them. So let's just for Soft Commits, the acquiring school still has to spend 50% of time of a committed recruit. While, another school has to spend 150% of time on a Soft Commit recruit
Old 03-15-2024, 04:58 PM   #24
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

NBA 2K was the only sports game I got deep into while NCAA was away and while I loved that. I was surprised when I played Madden last year and all the hate it gets. How much I preferred its drafting to 2K. This was because in 2K I could scout pretty much everyone 100%. In Madden you were limited to the amount of people you fully scouted mostly which added up to some mystery and bad draft picks. Which I would guess will carry over to recruiting.

Do yall think it will be similar and we don't know the full ratings of most players we sign? I would think some of camp at the school with a number of invites.

Also since I use historic draft classes in 2K its different then the generic ones I used some in Madden. It was a reminder of how much you get attached to the virtual players. So a recruiting battle and unknowns if your going to get them will only add to that. Here is to hoping your able to flip commits on signing day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »