Home

Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2024, 03:37 PM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Let's Talk Recruiting & Transfer Portal ( CFB 25)

I think if we ran a poll on here what is everyone's favorite thing to do in a college game that recruiting would win by a landslide.

The roster turnover you see in a college game helps keep things fresh as in Madden your set once you draft studs. This could be even more epic than before if the transfer portal is done right and we aren't able to hoard 5*s for 3 years as backups. Even though we don't know the details of how it will work. I thought it would be interesting to speculate since I've not seen much talk on here about recruiting. I bought Madden just to dust up on things and I would project you will see some general similarities between how they handle the draft and recruiting.

In Madden one of the biggest things is how they test out at the combine. Which just like in real life is done after the season ends and allows you to see the athletic ability for everyone. However, in college you don't just have the one big event so I'm curious how yall think that will be handled in the college game? Do we just get everybody's athletic skills in the country from the start? Do we get a set amount to bring to campus for a camp in the offseason? Do we find it out on the official visit?

Another thing madden does is you will see ? marks as ability for several weeks. If your not setting your scouts to focus on that position and region then your only going to get 50%. Will we see a similar thing in the college game?

I will also show some examples of some auto generated guys in madden and pretend they are college recruits. This QB would be a 4* since its round 2/3 projection. However, if I'm an elite school I really need to see if his athletic profile checks out early on. Because if he turns out elite that's mid 90's in 5 speed categories in the right offense he is starting day 1 and eventually winning the Heisman. I'm going to want to go all in on recruiting him and promising him everything I can.

On the flip side since he would only be a 4* odds are those speed ratings are mid-high 80's. Since the accuracy ratings I see are B's if the arm strength to go along with that is only solid. Then he will need a few years to develop at a elite school before starting. I would want to be able to know that early on so I don't waste all year recruiting him when I could have a better option. Hopefully there is a way to confirm stuff early on during the season

A last player example and I've put the pics in the spoilers. A super fun DT prospect that would equal out to a 3 or 4*. The heaviest player I've seen at 396 pounds and an A in tackling catches your attention. If his elite strength checks out then everyone will recruit him. However if his acceleration is elite and agility great then that takes him to a whole other level as a recruit and he is going at the top of everyone's board. As a lower recruit I want to able to uncover him early on and get a head start on other schools

Being able to see the athletic ability of players is really important so hopefully early in the season they will be a way to check those out. Because I'm guessing most of the commits will happen during the season instead of the offseason

Spoiler

Last edited by georgiafan; 04-16-2024 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 04:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

For me, recruiting is what gives Dynasty sustainability. It's a huge difference in the whole team building process in Madden and College Football. In Madden, you could essentially have your roster set by year 3. In College Football, your roster are never set which makes recruiting fun. You're always looking for the next guy and always looking for depth. Especially if the Transfer Portal is what it is IRL, than it'll make recruiting more vital to have depth. In NCAA 14, I spent the first 2 years of my Dynasty, I spent it recruiting solely. I could see myself doing that this year well. I want to start as a 1 star Teambuilder school. But, I want to spend the first couple seasons, primarily recruiting. Maybe the Transfer Portal, changes that plan. If I can bring in solid starters before year 1, that'll help me field a competitive team to start at. But, I want to focus mainly recruiting. Thinking about it now, I still will prioritize recruiting over the Transfer Portal. Outside of the first couple seasons, I will just use the Transfer Portal to plug immediate needs.

I don't care for how they streamlined recruiting in NCAA 14. I get that you don't want to over complicate recruiting for the casual gamers. But, this is a niche title. For a niche title, you have to go in depth. You have to attract hardcore gamers to a niche title before you can think about casual gamers. The casual gamers either are only playing a season or two at most anyway if that. For me, at least have the depth of recruiting in NCAA 12 and 13. I would want to open up the offseason recruiting to be more than just the previous 5 week schedule.

I would like to see recruits rankings and ranked based on how they would be based on what would be IRL. A lot of guys are ranked based on their physical traits and measurables and level of competition. I would like to see that reflected in the game.

It would be nice to be able to delegate the recruiting responsibilities to coordinators and even have a recruiting director. It would be convenient to set your recruiting preferences and position priorities and have them be able to assist you in recruiting.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:32 PM   #3
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Super fun part of the game and the more involved the better
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-09-2024, 07:53 AM   #4
Rookie

I agree with you. I enjoyed the recruiting process in NCAA 13 and was disappointed with the simplified system in 14. It was obviously done with the casual gamer in mind. I think it would be cool if EA would offer the gamer the choice of a simplified or "express" recruiting and a more in depth recruiting option. I look forward to see how they do with the transfer portal.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:56 AM   #5
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I’m also hoping for a more advanced system than just the points from 14. I would love to see a promises system. Where you have to meet the demands of promising a 5* of starting year 1 and if you don’t they leave.

For the transfer portal i think a similar system to madden FA’s is realistic to expect. Hopefully it will be more teams bidding for guys where as in madden the lower ranked guys are easy to get.

Also I hope the player morale as seen in madden when resigning FA’s will be visible to everyone on your team. So if that stays low then your im danger of them leaving. I’m not sure how $ will play a role in this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2024, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Also how will NIL be in the system?

That matters in recruiting now. When Saban was talking about one of the reasons he left he said that players would come in and ask "Can i start right away" and how much money will the school give me"
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-09-2024, 11:33 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I’m also hoping for a more advanced system than just the points from 14. I would love to see a promises system. Where you have to meet the demands of promising a 5* of starting year 1 and if you don’t they leave.

For the transfer portal i think a similar system to madden FA’s is realistic to expect. Hopefully it will be more teams bidding for guys where as in madden the lower ranked guys are easy to get.

Also I hope the player morale as seen in madden when resigning FA’s will be visible to everyone on your team. So if that stays low then your im danger of them leaving. I’m not sure how $ will play a role in this.
It would be cool to promise a recruit that you won't redshirt him, but then you realize that he won't get playing time. So when you are about to RS him, there's feedback that says if you RS him, it increases the chances of that player transferring. Breaking promises should lead to more transfers and have a Coach Integrity rating. So, if you're a coach that keeps his promises, you have a high Coach Integrity grade. If you don't, that should negatively influence you in recruiting and Transfer Portal

I do agree that having Madden's Player Tags and Motivations as the best way to handle the Transfer Portal. Just assign them to recruits and stay with them throughout collegiate career.

There needs to be a Potential Rating assigned to recruits and assigned preferred Scheme as well. That way, so if a recruit commits to a school with his preferred scheme, it increases the chances of the recruit reaching his potential. And it decreases the chances of teams being full of 90+ OVR players. Plus. It can potentially help when improving players into Madden
M
Old 03-09-2024, 11:39 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Also how will NIL be in the system?

That matters in recruiting now. When Saban was talking about one of the reasons he left he said that players would come in and ask "Can i start right away" and how much money will the school give me"
When it comes to NIL, there's need to be some type of balance. I don't want a lazy approach where it's just a recruiting pitch. But, I honestly don't want to see NIL as we see it in real life. I don't want to this game flooded with sponsored brands like we do in NBA 2k. At most, some type of budget allocation system

I think if EA had to deal with the NCAA, the NCAA either wouldn't want NIL in or just a generic lazy approach to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »