Home

Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 10:16 AM   #65
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Yea The 6-foot athletes in 14 mostly as a WR in 14 were a dime a dozen. You could get a general ideal of the position in 14, but it's needed for an upgrade and for more bigger bodies. Having them a preference would be very nice and if you fully scout them to show the positions they want to play.

I'm fine with the superstar abilities and x factors coming back even if its cheesy. It does make the star players stand out and it would be fun on signing day when its uncovered.

To canes point on depth chart, I would like the ability to set the depth chart for CPU teams and change their positions. While I'm not going to do that for every team. I would Glady take 30 minutes at the start of the season and set all the ones for my conference and top 25 teams. It's inevitable a CPU team will have been loaded at LOLB and not at ROLB and be starting the wrong guy. In madden you can edit positions at any point during the year which I like better then just once per year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 03:11 PM   #66
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

A big hint was dropped with Matt Brown was on a video with On3 which you can see around the 5-minute mark. He said a priority was placed on having the user more attached to the recruits.

That would have to mean it would be along the lines of what I think everyone here wants right? So more detailed nature of the older NCAA games and less of the point system in 14? I would think this means a more complicated and deeper type of system

I was watching a rebuild of a big youtuber playing a older NCAA game recently ( i think 11). Which had the phone call system and you could negative recruit on the call. It got me worried when he said he liked the 14 system better and it reminded of the typical generational divide that happens in sports game nowadays.

i'll also include a brief video of how the recruiting worked in that game if you want a refresher

Old 05-04-2024, 11:26 AM   #67
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely hoping for a more in-depth, NCAA 13 style recruiting system. Very interested to see where they go with this.

I also am hoping that with the ESD in the current landscape of the sport that maybe a top 25-50 upcoming senior recruiting system is in place for the offseasons to get a head start on the following year.

Obviously would love a CH08 style where you're recruiting freshmen and that would eventually be huge, but in the short term even just a slight dip in the pool for the following year would be a decision-making point. Do you use more points for one or two more guys in the offseason, or get a jump on a topflight guy the following year?
Old 05-09-2024, 11:37 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Something that has been spoken about before, but I do think there's somethings in Madden that would work well with recruiting

-Developmental traits. I really don't want Superstar X-Factors or even abilities. I just don't think that is appropriate for the college football landscape and that there are too many players. But, I do think that it would be better off than having Gem, Normal, and Bust. I don't know how I would name them. But having dev traits would be a good indicator of how your future roster outlook is

-Player Motivation tags. I do think this would really work well if implemented correctly. Just tie it in to recruiting pitches. I want to see G5 and and low-tier schools not having a chance at some 4 or 5 star recruits. I want to see some of them having Playing for a P5 powerhouse(5-6 star schools) as the highest motivation. Same goes with Starting time, Region, Academics, coach integrity, scheme. So, it's pretty much what they had before, but it's expanding on it. If a player has a high priority on a motivation, he shouldn't be sway away from it. If I'm starting a 1 star dynasty, then there should be guys right away that I shouldn't waste time on.

-Appropriate Body type for Archetypes. I know in Madden 24, they wanted to have players come in having the appropriate body type for the Archetypes. So outside of the rare builds, there should've been less 5'8 180lb power Rb or 6-6 240lb speed WR. I do want to see more recruits come in looking the part of their Archetypes. In an ideal world, they could have a system where guys come in and grow into their bodies over a college career. Plenty of high level recruits come in "undersized" and grow into their bodies. For example, a lot of the skill positions come 160-175LBs and eventually grow into 185-195lbs before they leave. I just don't know how they could do that in game without just doing +5lbs every offseason. So, I rather see them just have recruits come in with accurate body types.
Old 05-10-2024, 04:32 PM   #69
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

The Dev traits do serve a purpose and I'm hoping they are in. They allow certain players to develop at a faster rate and mostly tied to on the field results instead of random offseason stuff. If done correctly, you would see 3* with dev traits that come in at high 60's and end way higher.

100% agree on player motivation so just keep my fingers crossed on that. As we have prob said on here just tweak the Madden FA signing logic as the base for this.

The body types is something madden struggles with still yet improved from NCAA 14 which barely saw 300 lb players. The weight gain is something I hope is implanted some way as that's such a big deal in college football. I wonder if it could be tied to upgrade points somehow use name it physical traits or something using strength, weight and maybe awareness or something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Something that has been spoken about before, but I do think there's somethings in Madden that would work well with recruiting

-Developmental traits. I really don't want Superstar X-Factors or even abilities. I just don't think that is appropriate for the college football landscape and that there are too many players. But, I do think that it would be better off than having Gem, Normal, and Bust. I don't know how I would name them. But having dev traits would be a good indicator of how your future roster outlook is

-Player Motivation tags. I do think this would really work well if implemented correctly. Just tie it in to recruiting pitches. I want to see G5 and and low-tier schools not having a chance at some 4 or 5 star recruits. I want to see some of them having Playing for a P5 powerhouse(5-6 star schools) as the highest motivation. Same goes with Starting time, Region, Academics, coach integrity, scheme. So, it's pretty much what they had before, but it's expanding on it. If a player has a high priority on a motivation, he shouldn't be sway away from it. If I'm starting a 1 star dynasty, then there should be guys right away that I shouldn't waste time on.

-Appropriate Body type for Archetypes. I know in Madden 24, they wanted to have players come in having the appropriate body type for the Archetypes. So outside of the rare builds, there should've been less 5'8 180lb power Rb or 6-6 240lb speed WR. I do want to see more recruits come in looking the part of their Archetypes. In an ideal world, they could have a system where guys come in and grow into their bodies over a college career. Plenty of high level recruits come in "undersized" and grow into their bodies. For example, a lot of the skill positions come 160-175LBs and eventually grow into 185-195lbs before they leave. I just don't know how they could do that in game without just doing +5lbs every offseason. So, I rather see them just have recruits come in with accurate body types.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:28 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The Dev traits do serve a purpose and I'm hoping they are in. They allow certain players to develop at a faster rate and mostly tied to on the field results instead of random offseason stuff. If done correctly, you would see 3* with dev traits that come in at high 60's and end way higher.

100% agree on player motivation so just keep my fingers crossed on that. As we have prob said on here just tweak the Madden FA signing logic as the base for this.

The body types is something madden struggles with still yet improved from NCAA 14 which barely saw 300 lb players. The weight gain is something I hope is implanted some way as that's such a big deal in college football. I wonder if it could be tied to upgrade points somehow use name it physical traits or something using strength, weight and maybe awareness or something ?
I'm not sure what to name dev traits. Let's just say Normal is the lowest and Impact Player is the highest. I would love to see a lot of Impact Player 3 Stars and Normal Dev 5 star. You can have a 75 OVR 3 star with Impact Player dev that can get up to 90+ and you can a 82 OVR 5 star Normal Dev that might only top off at 86-87 and that's only if they are putting up crazy stats. If I know I have lower rated high dev players, those are Players who will find any ways to force snaps too. Same way, if I'm recruiting someone and I find out they have a high dev trait, I would lean towards those players unless the lower dev trait guys have high enough Positional ratings.

When it comes weight progression, I just thinks hard for a video game to implement. You either have a set weight increase each offseason or each player who a weight cap that increases based on your strength and conditioning staff. Even then, I highly doubt it'll be anything more than a placebo. I don't think we'll see players body type change on the field. That's why I think it's best to just to have more accurate weights from the jump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »