Home

Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2024, 06:17 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Let's Talk Recruiting ( CFB 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'm more interested in seeing how well CFB25 sells compared to NBA2k and The Show. I think it has a real chance to be second only to Madden. The fact it will have more than 10,000 plus real players compared to NCAAF's zero real players is huge. Now for me I know after a two seasons into recruitment will render half the roster ''fake'' pretty quickly, which is fine by me, always was. But there's a big enough audience for CFB that is only interested in online head-to-head matchups using only ''real'' players. That's a big win for EA.
I know NBA2K was selling 10M+ copies a year. I was never sure how many copies The Show was selling. I know it wasn't a big number when it was a Sony Exclusive. Even now, with the game going to Gamepass for Series, that has to affect the Xbox sales numbers. Not sure how well it sells on the Switch. That's why I think they made a big push for Diamond Dynasty and MTX in the Show. I think the top three sellers for sports games are EAFC(no one is topping them), NBA2K, and Madden. If EACFB could sit between Madden and the Show, that's the best case.

I'm not sure how much real college athletes is a seller. College Sports isn't as much as a player-driven sport like how professional sports are. I'm sure it's still a factor and will only help sales. But, I don't think there would've been an uproar if it was still QB#10 for Alabama. I feel unless it's a Zion Williamson-Duke or Tebow-Florida level popularity, that would swing sales if their names could've been in. I don't feel anyone in the next years has that type of name value.

I think as far as sales go, I still think if they could reach anything above 5M copies, that's a success. Even though the demand seems to be there, College Football is still a niche sport and the game will be current gen only. If it was a cross gen game, I definitely think it could add another 1-2M copies. But, I'm glad they didn't hold back the game in order to focus on more sales. Going current gen only will affect the other sports games as well. I still think EAFC will reach 10M plus because that's been the standard for the last 15+ years. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Madden and 2K drop to 7-9M copies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 06:18 PM   #42
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I wonder if we'll be able to recruit future classes (like at least scout HS juniors, maybe even sophomores).
Old 04-06-2024, 08:57 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I wonder if we'll be able to recruit future classes (like at least scout HS juniors, maybe even sophomores).
That would be cool. I would okay even if it was just the next class only. I think a good way to handle it is having the following class being reduced and having allotted recruiting time for the future class.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:05 AM   #44
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Thats a great ideal I would love to see that and I wouldn't think that hard to pull off. I wouldn't want the whole class maybe limit to just the 5*. You might could do something like be able to recruit the players in your state early. You could have them show up midseason to give some life to midseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Old 04-08-2024, 04:42 PM   #45
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Thats a great ideal I would love to see that and I wouldn't think that hard to pull off. I wouldn't want the whole class maybe limit to just the 5*. You might could do something like be able to recruit the players in your state early. You could have them show up midseason to give some life to midseason.
I actually love the idea of having more in-state incentives like that. There's a pride in getting the best home-grown athletes to stay at home and become that incubator for the local talent i.e. Nebraska, Miami, etc. Being able to at least see the junior class in your home state can give you the jump on local talent, which I do believe is more realistic in the recruiting battles, and I think that would be a fun element of some sort. But we shall see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2024, 04:51 PM   #46
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
I actually love the idea of having more in-state incentives like that. There's a pride in getting the best home-grown athletes to stay at home and become that incubator for the local talent i.e. Nebraska, Miami, etc. Being able to at least see the junior class in your home state can give you the jump on local talent, which I do believe is more realistic in the recruiting battles, and I think that would be a fun element of some sort. But we shall see
I'm one that tries to lower my expectations and future recruiting class knowing them I don't see happening. With my state and school Georgia Kirby Smart knows the in-state prospects for future classes for years in advance. Because you build that relationship with the elite schools/coaches in state.

It would add some strategy knowing your in state or overall class is loaded at a certain position for next year. If I don't have to have a QB then I would know to wait on the 4* because I have a chance at a stud instate 5* next year. It could spice up the mid/late season recruiting after people start committing to turn your attention to next year if they do a points system.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #47
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Did anyone read what Matt Brown said in his newsletter today about the transfer Portal ?
Old 04-10-2024, 11:19 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Did anyone read what Matt Brown said in his newsletter today about the transfer Portal ?
Saw a post saying that they want to be realistic and have multiple transfers. But there needs to be balance unlike real life

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »