Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2024, 02:32 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Do we know if online dynasty is in?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #50
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Do we know if online dynasty is in?
Its not officially confirmed yet but my guess is it will be in the game, if I recall it was one of the more popular game modes in the previous NCAA games.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 02-25-2024, 09:18 AM   #51
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
This year is about to be INSANE! I’ve heard rumors that Madden will have multiple announcer teams as well. I think the guys at EA are deep diving into presentation this year, and If draft classes from college to Madden are back as well, Sheeeeesh!!!! About to be like the PS2 days once again and I can’t wait ��!!
This is going to be a great sports year. I'm expecting CFB, Top Spin, Undisputed for consoles, PGA2k, etc. Gonna be like the ps3 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 08:57 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I saw somewhere that there won't face scans. That would be understandable because of the logistics around trying to scan 11,000 faces. And it wouldn't be a good look to only do the notable names. I wonder how they'll handle it. They use to have the old GameFace feature. I'm not talking about the recent mobile app one they used for NBA Live(don't know about Madden). I'm talking about the old school PC one they use to allow you upload a photo and it made a face scan for your player. That could be a good way to handle it instead of using generic faces.

If not, I hope they either use an upgraded version of the customization suite in Superstar mode or completely replace the default custom faces. It feels like we had some custom faces that's been around since the PS3/360 days. It doesn't matter as much since guys will have helmets on most of the time and they'll likely still won't have real time presentation, but don't want to see 4-5 guys with the same default custom face
Old 02-25-2024, 09:12 PM   #53
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I saw somewhere that there won't face scans. That would be understandable because of the logistics around trying to scan 11,000 faces. And it wouldn't be a good look to only do the notable names. I wonder how they'll handle it. They use to have the old GameFace feature. I'm not talking about the recent mobile app one they used for NBA Live(don't know about Madden). I'm talking about the old school PC one they use to allow you upload a photo and it made a face scan for your player. That could be a good way to handle it instead of using generic faces.

If not, I hope they either use an upgraded version of the customization suite in Superstar mode or completely replace the default custom faces. It feels like we had some custom faces that's been around since the PS3/360 days. It doesn't matter as much since guys will have helmets on most of the time and they'll likely still won't have real time presentation, but don't want to see 4-5 guys with the same default custom face
I think they are gonna use the gameface feature to do it. I read somewhere during the info dump that the schools themselves were gonna submit player photos. I could see EA using those photos with the gameface tech to create the renders.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2024, 09:25 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I think they are gonna use the gameface feature to do it. I read somewhere during the info dump that the schools themselves were gonna submit player photos. I could see EA using those photos with the gameface tech to create the renders.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
The only thing about Game Face, is that do they even use it anymore? I know UFC 5 won't have it and it might have been removed from UFC 4. So, last games that I think had Game Face was UFC 3 and NBA Live.

I'm not sure if Game Face is the likely choice, now that I think of it
Old 02-25-2024, 09:37 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am just going to assume they'll have a library of pre-created faces like Madden has. Until we're told otherwise, I won't get my hopes up. It would be great if they finally got back to have a face creation tool in their games. And, along with that, they built their system on the backend to have it setup to where they can upload pictures and have the face get generated in engine similar to how a facegen tool worked in the past.

I know a few years ago when EA first mentioned the series return they had said they had created or were working on creating a system to get the players' NIL into the game in as streamlined a way as possible, so maybe they have built something that allows them to get faces generated in game without having to do face scans. It might be less detailed that a typical face scan, but clearly will still be better than a generic face that doesn't really look like them.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 09:49 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am just going to assume they'll have a library of pre-created faces like Madden has. Until we're told otherwise, I won't get my hopes up. It would be great if they finally got back to have a face creation tool in their games. And, along with that, they built their system on the backend to have it setup to where they can upload pictures and have the face get generated in engine similar to how a facegen tool worked in the past.

I know a few years ago when EA first mentioned the series return they had said they had created or were working on creating a system to get the players' NIL into the game in as streamlined a way as possible, so maybe they have built something that allows them to get faces generated in game without having to do face scans. It might be less detailed that a typical face scan, but clearly will still be better than a generic face that doesn't really look like them.
Yeah, I think they'll likely have in-house option that is similar to the old EA Gameface games. I'd be okay with faces that are 70% detailed rather than a pre-created face. It's not a game breaker for me, just would be nice.

The other sports games have good face scan technology. So, I can see EA getting back to it eventually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »