Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2024, 03:09 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2024, 02:28 PM   #66
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Let's just hope college is not impacted to another delay 🤞

https://youtu.be/T-nKJtEDSL4?si=f_Q_94SxWQeeV7Or
Old 03-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I doubt a delay would be in store. This layoff would have been in the works for some time now, so they wouldn't have done the trailer announcing a release this year if the layoffs would have put that in doubt.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-03-2024, 07:27 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I doubt a delay would be in store. This layoff would have been in the works for some time now, so they wouldn't have done the trailer announcing a release this year if the layoffs would have put that in doubt.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I agree. Plus the game is about 2 months away from going Gold. Around the time they do the full reveal, is when they'll go Gold.

It might affect next year, but that's why I wasn't upset with the delay last year. Having 3+ years of development, should allow them to have a good foundation to build off of going forward. Once they get on the annual cycle, they won't have as much time and resources. Especially if they will be doing roster updates and UT updates
Old 03-03-2024, 09:48 PM   #69
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes I too agree that the layoffs wont effect the release of this game, EA has said countless times that they want to release the game this summer. They probably wouldnt of put out a teaser trailer saying the full reveal is coming in May if they were planning on delaying the game again.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 03-03-2024, 10:14 PM   #70
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I want this series to be as wildly successful as EA's original foray into college football, so while I want it to hang around for the remainder of my days, all I really need is CFB25, and if for whatever unseen circumstances kills the series before it can show how good it is for the sport, I will treasure 25 for a long time to come if I must. The main reason I bought a PS4 back in the day was for this series. Never thought it was going away back then, so now I've learned don't count my chickens before the eggs are hatched. The best thing outside of EA's CFB coming back is I hope it does so great it encourages EA (or 2K) to get back in the college basketball business. Now that is a series I also miss every bit as much as college football video gaming.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-03-2024, 11:12 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I want this series to be as wildly successful as EA's original foray into college football, so while I want it to hang around for the remainder of my days, all I really need is CFB25, and if for whatever unseen circumstances kills the series before it can show how good it is for the sport, I will treasure 25 for a long time to come if I must. The main reason I bought a PS4 back in the day was for this series. Never thought it was going away back then, so now I've learned don't count my chickens before the eggs are hatched. The best thing outside of EA's CFB coming back is I hope it does so great it encourages EA (or 2K) to get back in the college basketball business. Now that is a series I also miss every bit as much as college football video gaming.
I don't see College Basketball coming back anytime soon. College Basketball games didn't sell well. 2k got out of it before the O'Bannon thing became an issue. And EA could've continued the series for a few more years like they did NCAA Football. CBB is more of a niche sport than CFB. It just feels like the desire for a return of College Football is way more than CBB.

I don't see EA doing College Basketball without NBA Live coming back. I don't see them building a basketball game from scratch for it to be CBB. As far as we know NBA Live is dead, even though they never confirmed it and still has the NBA license for NBA Live Mobile. I would like to see Live come back. Even for 2k, it seems doubtful even though they're in a better situation to make a CBB game. Even if EA CFB sells very well, I wouldn't expect a CBB game to sell half of what CFB sells. If CFB sells 3-5M, I wouldn't expect CBB to sell close to 2M especially on current gen only
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2024, 07:15 AM   #72
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I don't see College Basketball coming back anytime soon. College Basketball games didn't sell well. 2k got out of it before the O'Bannon thing became an issue. And EA could've continued the series for a few more years like they did NCAA Football. CBB is more of a niche sport than CFB. It just feels like the desire for a return of College Football is way more than CBB.

I don't see EA doing College Basketball without NBA Live coming back. I don't see them building a basketball game from scratch for it to be CBB. As far as we know NBA Live is dead, even though they never confirmed it and still has the NBA license for NBA Live Mobile. I would like to see Live come back. Even for 2k, it seems doubtful even though they're in a better situation to make a CBB game. Even if EA CFB sells very well, I wouldn't expect a CBB game to sell half of what CFB sells. If CFB sells 3-5M, I wouldn't expect CBB to sell close to 2M especially on current gen only
In a weird way I kind of hope that the game industry restructure we are seeing now leads us to more AA sports games like what I consider EA College Football and College Hoops 2K to be.

Madden and NBA2K have high licensing costs with their leagues and player associations. But the gameplay and development costs are set, more or less. And they sell upwards of 10 million copies every single year.

It's not Spiderman 2 that reportedly cost 300 million to make. The game has sold 10 million copies and is a success but not enough financially, supposedly.

My hope is that EA College Football follows a similar path to Madden on a smaller scale with lower set costs and a relatively nice return every year. Then College Hoops is able to follow along in the same vein. They don't have to sell 10 million copies. But if they can bring in 30% of what the pro games do every year I think/hope it would be worth releasing them every year.

I do believe that in the current market a College Hoops 2K could sell 2-3 million copies and be commercially successful. 2K is all about online now. 2K should give them 2K16-2K20 online parks that they love so much with no build restrictions and let them run amuck. Those dudes spend that money in the park and on MyTeam.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Junior Moe; 03-04-2024 at 07:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »