Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2024, 03:09 AM   #57
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
In order for any generative AI to be affective you need tons and tons of data. Hence why they probably did so many sessions. Also, audio from those sessions are much cleaner then if they simply pulled audio from previous real life games and tried to clean it up. I can see them using AI for commentary as a why to keep the audio fresh during the season. They could generate lines about things that happen in real life quickly and get it in game faster and cheaper then having Chris come in and do it.

I always thought they should not pick real announcers for this reason. I like hearing Herbstreit too, but dude is busy. Get some good voice talent who is local to the studio and forge your own path.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:02 PM   #58
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I always thought they should not pick real announcers for this reason. I like hearing Herbstreit too, but dude is busy. Get some good voice talent who is local to the studio and forge your own path.
100% agreed. I don't care if it's a guy of the street, so long as they have the time to devote to recording new lines consistently.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:24 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahUtes32
100% agreed. I don't care if it's a guy of the street, so long as they have the time to devote to recording new lines consistently.
I do wonder if the home studio style of recording lines helps alleviate some of those issues. It's a big difference between companies having to fly out these guys for a few days here and cram in as many lines as possible and these guys being able to do these recording from home. As he said, they have been doing those recordings from home. That has to be a lot easier and convenient than having to fly out EA Tiburon.

I just think we're still a few years AI in that form in games
Old 02-26-2024, 10:51 PM   #60
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
In my opinion, this is what I think all sports video games should do. And if you have a really great voice actor who can do multiple voices that sound different enough to represent different broadcasts, even better.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-26-2024, 10:58 PM   #61
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
In my opinion, this is what I think all sports video games should do. And if you have a really great voice actor who can do multiple voices that sound different enough to represent different broadcasts, even better.
100%. I have been saying this for years. They could do so much more and over the years would become recognizable as the voice of "madden or mlb". The commentary would be so much better and even lead to more halftime show, playoff selection shows, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 11:42 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I wonder if they'll implement the recent rule changes into the game. They are expected to approve 2 minute warnings, tablets on sideline, and helmet communication. Along with last years running clock rule changes, I do hope those changes make it into the game.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:55 AM   #63
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I would think the 2 minute warning would be easy to patch/add in.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:33 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I would think the 2 minute warning would be easy to patch/add in.
I agree that these rules should be easy to add in. Like you said, 2 minute warnings should be easy. The helmet communication and tablets aspect isn't something we'll see in the game and I didn't think we were going to see signs or guys gesturing on the sideline.

The running clock change is going to be how Madden does it. The only difference is that clock stops after first downs in final two minutes. I think the two minute warnings actually sets that up well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »