Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2024, 02:41 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This is interesting and I believe will be an overshadowed depth component in Mode, just like in Madden.

If they can tie this feature somehow into an ability to carry over into Madde, whether Superstar Mode or minimum Draft Class application, this would be really huge towards leveraging both products off each other.

I really wish they would bring EA Play back.
That would be a cool way to finish RTG. And didn't they change Senior Bowl to allow Juniors to participate? Either way, that would be a cool way to integrate RTG and Superstar mode. They could have it where RTG ends with you performing in the Senior Bowl practices, then the Senior Bowl game. Then after the game, it gives you the option to export player to Madden..

I do wonder how they'll approach Road to Glory. Even though Madden brought back "Superstar mode", it still felt like Face of the Franchise. I hope there isn't a connected storyline between RTG and SS. And I hope they don't limit the positions like in Superstar. If i want to play as a TE on offense or DL or Safety, I should be able too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 02:50 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 will feature all 134 FBS schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I swore there was speculation about GameDay being in a year or so ago because EA was present at a GameDay event, it was around the time that Pollock was still there. He got laid off last July. So, he likely signed on before then.
Though we never heard about the ESPN license situation, I think we definitely see the ESPN being in. I don't see them getting all these ESPN guys to do a generic EA broadcast.

I do wonder if EA CFB is seeming to go all out with presentation and atmosphere, is Madden going to do the same. Madden has to least match the same energy. I know there's the Charles Davis video about there being multiple broadcasts being in. But, Madden can't really let EA CFB lap them in terms of presentation and atmosphere
I'd have to imagine whatever work they've done on the CFB game over the years has also been worked on in a way to improve Madden as well. It would have been puzzling to me if EA did not take advantage of the situation they have here where they had the perfect excuse to have a team working on features that would take multiple years to build that could improve Madden.

If they have new systems they've created like a system for multiple presentation teams if we believe Davis was correct, then I'd have to imagine that may be one of the benefits of them having all this time to work on the collegiate game for multiple years.

Same for the Player Tags and Motivations in Madden. I have zero doubts that those are pieces from the recruiting side of the things for the CFB game that they were able to take and adjust to fit Madden as well.

We'll see. It's hard for me to believe that EA would let the CFB come out and just steal Madden's thunder. I'd almost be willing to bet some money that whatever work has been put into the CFB game and new features/frameworks was also being fitted for Madden as well.

― Plato
Old 02-22-2024, 02:55 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I wonder of them no having to deal with the mafia known as the NCAA is allowing them to be able to do more than they were able to a decade ago?
I was thinking the same. The main thing I could see not being in the game is Roster Share. I could see people trying to do work around to get opt-outs in the game and share the rosters. What I think they'll do is not allow you to edit the Player bio or avatars in game.
I do want to be able to download recruiting classes though

But besides that, they still have to deal with each school. So, it depends on what schools are okay with being depicted in the game. I'm not sure we'll see sanctions, bans, NIL in terms on how It seems IRL with money and pay for play, academic/team suspensions, etc. But, I do think it opens the door for them to do more of what the NCAA themselves didn't want in game. There's a lot of stuff the NFL doesn't want to see in Madden, so it isn't in Madden. EA won't have that with the NCAA, but would still need the schools to be okay with what is depicted
Old 02-22-2024, 03:03 PM   #28
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I was thinking the same. The main thing I could see not being in the game is Roster Share. I could see people trying to do work around to get opt-outs in the game and share the rosters. What I think they'll do is not allow you to edit the Player bio or avatars in game.
I do want to be able to download recruiting classes though

But besides that, they still have to deal with each school. So, it depends on what schools are okay with being depicted in the game. I'm not sure we'll see sanctions, bans, NIL in terms on how It seems IRL with money and pay for play, academic/team suspensions, etc. But, I do think it opens the door for them to do more of what the NCAA themselves didn't want in game. There's a lot of stuff the NFL doesn't want to see in Madden, so it isn't in Madden. EA won't have that with the NCAA, but would still need the schools to be okay with what is depicted
My guess is that roster importing will be very similar to how it was on NCAA 10/11 (don't remember the last one), but you couldn't load an imported, fully edited roster into the game unless it had been tagged to your EA ID on PS3. I don't remember specifically....it was almost 15 years ago now. I do remember not being able to download a fully named roster and use it on my own game. There was a convoluted workaround.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'd have to imagine whatever work they've done on the CFB game over the years has also been worked on in a way to improve Madden as well. It would have been puzzling to me if EA did not take advantage of the situation they have here where they had the perfect excuse to have a team working on features that would take multiple years to build that could improve Madden.

If they have new systems they've created like a system for multiple presentation teams if we believe Davis was correct, then I'd have to imagine that may be one of the benefits of them having all this time to work on the collegiate game for multiple years.

Same for the Player Tags and Motivations in Madden. I have zero doubts that those are pieces from the recruiting side of the things for the CFB game that they were able to take and adjust to fit Madden as well.

We'll see. It's hard for me to believe that EA would let the CFB come out and just steal Madden's thunder. I'd almost be willing to bet some money that whatever work has been put into the CFB game and new features/frameworks was also being fitted for Madden as well.
They introduced player tags and motivations about a year before they announced College Football will be back. They also implemented coaching trees in Madden too (which was an old NCAA feature). There will be cross sharing of features and resources between the games a frostbit was build with one explicit benefit of it being an "engine" that allowed for resource sharing across games.

I think EA executives knew a while ago that the Madden was lacking in many different ways. I think executive realized that a) they needed to have another product that can even out Madden "loses" in consumer satisfaction b) create a game for experimentation of new ideas and features before landing in Madden c) create internal competition for Madden.

You will see Madden improve because of College Football.

I also strongly believe that when College Football shows that financially it can be a great part of EA game portfolio, they will explore doing College Basketball. There's a reason that EA never outright said that the NBA Live franchise was dead. They could use the College Basketball game to get the disgruntled 2K fans that complain about the over use of VC. To be clear, a college basketball game will never compete head to head with 2K, but it can make a dent in them. That's all EA wants in the basketball space. EA can be the Hellriders to 2K's Call of Duty.

Don't be surprised if by 2027 or 2028 we have a soft launch of College Basketball.

Last edited by Vadiplomat04; 02-22-2024 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:07 PM   #30
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowl

Rich DeMarco will be the PA announcer.

https://twitter.com/richdemarco/stat...39288931815871
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-22-2024, 03:15 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I agree

I could see the Player Tags and Motivations playing a huge part in the Transfer Portal.

So, I could see situations where both teams are helping each develop features that be used in both games. But, I still see the same trend happening again. Where EA FC gets the major feature first, then Madden, then ES FC. Also, where they could test new features in the EA CFB first before it gets to the other bigger games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 03:44 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

WHY IS NO ONE ASKING THE REAL IMPORTANT QUESTION, WILL MASCOT MODE BE BACK!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »