Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2024, 01:05 PM   #2281
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This game is absolutely crap. Sorry, but it just is. Every day it plays completely differently - each time I switch my Xbox on and load up FC, it’s like a lottery as to whether or not the game will feel enjoyable. About a week ago the gameplay felt great; the players had a good weight to them and movement animations had a realistic pace, passing felt nice and everything was pretty smooth. Fast forward to the past couple of days and everything is just horrible - the classic Fifa skating is back and worse than ever, the movement animations of the players are all over the place - weirdly fast and inconsistent, the ball movement on passes looks and feels horrendous, everything is just completely abnormal.

Yes, I’ve tried restarting the game/my console, connecting/disconnecting to the EA servers, checked all settings and sliders are identical and nothing has randomly changed. I’m playing on Legendary V9, default pace. The match I literally just played was one of the worst I can ever remember on an EA game.

I don’t remember this happening on Fifa 23, it’s definitely an issue specific to FC24. I don’t know whether it’s something to do with the sliders - i.e. if playing with everything set to the default 50, it’s at least a consistently bad game. I’m just praying to God that come September something has changed when FC25 is released. Ironically I can deal with the game being bad/buggy, as long as it’s consistently so - this constant flip-flopping between the game feeling great and awful is mind numbing. Hats off to those of you that are still able to play this and actually enjoy it, because you are absolutely in the minority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #2282
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
This game is absolutely crap. Sorry, but it just is. Every day it plays completely differently - each time I switch my Xbox on and load up FC, it’s like a lottery as to whether or not the game will feel enjoyable. About a week ago the gameplay felt great; the players had a good weight to them and movement animations had a realistic pace, passing felt nice and everything was pretty smooth. Fast forward to the past couple of days and everything is just horrible - the classic Fifa skating is back and worse than ever, the movement animations of the players are all over the place - weirdly fast and inconsistent, the ball movement on passes looks and feels horrendous, everything is just completely abnormal.

Yes, I’ve tried restarting the game/my console, connecting/disconnecting to the EA servers, checked all settings and sliders are identical and nothing has randomly changed. I’m playing on Legendary V9, default pace. The match I literally just played was one of the worst I can ever remember on an EA game.

I don’t remember this happening on Fifa 23, it’s definitely an issue specific to FC24. I don’t know whether it’s something to do with the sliders - i.e. if playing with everything set to the default 50, it’s at least a consistently bad game. I’m just praying to God that come September something has changed when FC25 is released. Ironically I can deal with the game being bad/buggy, as long as it’s consistently so - this constant flip-flopping between the game feeling great and awful is mind numbing. Hats off to those of you that are still able to play this and actually enjoy it, because you are absolutely in the minority.
This is similar to what I experience unfortunately. I had some of this in 23 as well, but not to the degree I see in 24. As you note - consistent issues are easier to deal with, but the randomness is very frustrating. Part of me thinks that the code has a hard time actually working with slider adjustments and it leads to it basically breaking after a random number of matches - but as not everyone has this issue, it can't be that simple.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:44 PM   #2283
Just started!

Hi all. I need some help. I bought the game and started a career with Blackpool and I am using the sliders on ultimate. I feel like the game is too easy, like I can pass the ball around like prime barca, retain possession too easy when attacking, and dribbling is too good.

Is legendary harder? Should I change to slow speed? I don’t really want to go full manual controls, but it could be an option. I just want to feel like it’s much more of a challenge. I want the feeling like I have to lock in for the 90 minutes otherwise I should lose. Appreciate any advice, thanks!
Old 04-28-2024, 11:09 AM   #2284
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinf97
Hi all. I need some help. I bought the game and started a career with Blackpool and I am using the sliders on ultimate. I feel like the game is too easy, like I can pass the ball around like prime barca, retain possession too easy when attacking, and dribbling is too good.

Is legendary harder? Should I change to slow speed? I don’t really want to go full manual controls, but it could be an option. I just want to feel like it’s much more of a challenge. I want the feeling like I have to lock in for the 90 minutes otherwise I should lose. Appreciate any advice, thanks!
Im in the same boat ive even got cpu speed at 40 and mine at 10 and still find it a tad easy i wonder of legendary is harder
Old 04-28-2024, 05:27 PM   #2285
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
Every day it plays completely differently - each time I switch my Xbox on and load up FC, it’s like a lottery as to whether or not the game will feel enjoyable. About a week ago the gameplay felt great; the players had a good weight to them and movement animations had a realistic pace, passing felt nice and everything was pretty smooth.
I agree. They have broken CM and it disappoints and rritates me to no end. They have made it more frustrating than fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2024, 10:12 AM   #2286
Rookie

i play ultimate cpu difficulty and i really do feel the cutbacks against them have improved, they mark better in the box.

i also feel they have made it more difficult overall.

i took a bit of a break but it stood our for me when i started playing again, not too sure if increasing the marking from 50 to 51 caused that or if ea did that themselves, anyone have any thoughts on that?
Old 04-29-2024, 06:06 PM   #2287
Rookie

Mr. Face's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
I agree. They have broken CM and it disappoints and rritates me to no end. They have made it more frustrating than fun.
Ever since they adjusted the AI this has become by far the most frustrating and least enjoyable FIFA/EAFC or whatever game they've made. It's not even consistent half-to-half but you can certainly feel it the moment the game decides to shift the balance for or against you. It's not fun. It doesn't add anything dynamic to the game, it just makes it infuriating to play. I don't know what the solution is to it at all other than going back to FIFA 23 or something. I don't want to feel like my matches are being hijacked by whatever whims the game itself has. If the CPU is going to beat me I want it to feel earned and vice versa.
XLIX
LI
LIII
Old 04-30-2024, 12:35 PM   #2288
Pro

Yeah the game is inconsistent this year. Sometimes it feels fine then the next game the players can't control the ball, and this is on both sides. Everyone feels like they are running in mud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »