Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 02:36 PM   #2257
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Had a new one for me. Was playing the 2nd leg of a champions league semi final tie, down 2-3 on aggregate, fouled at midfield and the cpu was given a PK. Is this a known issue?
Old 04-11-2024, 10:31 PM   #2258
Just started!

Updated to the new sliders today for Legendary and didn't change anything else. Not sure if I've been really unlucky or the sliders affected some timings with the CPU but they have earned a red card in 6 consecutive games... lol. 2 cards in one of those. All just really poorly timed tackles from behind. I can't remember the last time a red card was issued in one of my matches. Just an odd observation.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:45 AM   #2259
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Yup. Everyone is experiencing this from time to time, nothing you can do unfortunately. I really hate where the CPU dribbles down the end line with no problem and gets an incredible near post goal in a gap no larger than 6 inches between the keeper and post. lots of nutmeg goals as well from this. Happens a couple of times per game you just have to find a way to stop it.
My way of stopping it was going to ultimate. I don't experience that there. Only thing present is them passing it around 30 passes without mistake in League 2, but I fixed that with lowering pass speed so I can press in time.

I get more annoyed at the physics of this game, ie. player running through a tackle and my defender pingponging off of him, leg bending unnaturally, ball falling through a player's body to his legs, etc. But can't change that sadly.

Also, has anyone experienced the game feeling SO sluggish and unresponsive after coming from a game that's very responsive, like a arpg or moba? It's insane difference.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:46 AM   #2260
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
Had a new one for me. Was playing the 2nd leg of a champions league semi final tie, down 2-3 on aggregate, fouled at midfield and the cpu was given a PK. Is this a known issue?
I’ve had this before; I recorded it and posted a link on this forum a few months ago. No idea what causes it but I think it’s a very rare bug.

https://youtu.be/CDQpYghiwSk?si=WLAxsAIPcN9TUDsE
Old 04-15-2024, 06:11 PM   #2261
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

I wish more than anything that one day someone will figure out how and why the game suddenly feels so different at random intervals. Or even better, EA release a game that plays consistently throughout the entire cycle.

Earlier I was playing a Career Mode with Shrewsbury Town and the game felt quite sluggish and slow. I’m on Legendary, Default speed, V9 sliders. It had felt like that for a while, so I was used to it. Not unenjoyable, not unplayable, just not particularly responsive and it felt a bit like I was playing in quicksand.

I switched my Xbox off for a few hours to watch some TV. Decided to boot it up again to play a few more games. I messed around on Kick Off at first; lo and behold, the game felt completely different. I was using the exact same settings, sliders, etc. I had changed nothing, other than restarting the game (as opposed to the “quick resume” feature on XSX) - and both times I was connected to the EA servers.

Everything felt quicker, but in a good way - more responsive, not at all sluggish, hell even the animations looked and felt so much smoother. I played several KO games with different teams, and even went back to my CM to check it wasn’t just a placebo effect - it was genuinely like playing a completely different game, a *really* good football game.

The only analogy I can think of is, imagine you’re watching a video in 480p and after 5 mins, it suddenly upgrades to 4K. Everything just looked and felt so much sharper.

Unfortunately I’m sure when I go back on tomorrow, it’ll feel completely different again. But man, those few games I just played were amazing.

Last edited by g98smith; 04-15-2024 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2024, 07:42 PM   #2262
Rookie

Not one to say the game is broken -- but is the game broken? Every team I play -- seems like all they try to do is kick it pass me and run -- whether that is on the wing or sometimes the forward even splitting my CBs and taking off past them. No other build-up right now..
Old 04-16-2024, 01:27 PM   #2263
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
Was gonna say, it's really quiet in here.
I can only speak for myself, but I got overly frustrated with the random gameplay and bugginess and took a break. I came back to it over the past week, and sadly it's still such a frustrating experience for me where the game play changes so much between matches and sometimes within a match. I can usually deal with that, but it will inevitably kick up to playing as if the game speed has been set to fast with horrible animations and physics. It just takes any enjoyment out for me when the basic game physics fail. I find I spend more time trying to get the game to play well for a match or two than the time I get in those matches. I wish I knew what EA had coded behind the scenes for DDA. For fun I dropped sprint speed slider down to 0 one game - there was no effect. Then I dropped acceleration down to 0 as well - that stopped any ai movement as you'd expect (and I think people above noticed!). I bumped accel up to like 20 so they'd move and then played a game to see what would happen. What was funny was after I scored a couple goals the AI was suddenly able to do explosive sprints etc, and CBs would get short bursts on contested balls before they completely stopped moving again. It was interesting to see how much some of that jumped out when testing on that extreme value and when skill moves and agile dribbling started getting excessively abused by the CPU and strength/tackling broke for my players based on score line. I know not everyone seems to experience this really crazy AI gameplay, which is great for them, but for me, it makes it really hard to stay interested in a career mode. It's too bad, because somewhere in the mangled code is a really good basis for a football game.

Last edited by MRapide; 04-16-2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:45 AM   #2264
Rookie

Also frustrated here. Playing v9, leg, default. There are some games where the cpu is super elevated (which I can understand if the CM engine tries to show a motivated home team, players in a local derby) and my players look like they are on strike - passing errors go up, they actively move away when I am trying to put them in a better position (running away from the ball when in front of goal?).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »