Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2024, 01:23 AM   #2241
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

I was happy with Legendary, but the past few days they have started running to the byline, turning and running inside the box and shooting from absurd angles like mindless robots. It's really frustrating to watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2024, 10:57 AM   #2242
Rookie

Ultimate Difficulty Default Paced Adjustments for Title Update 11 and 11.1

Xbox Series X
Ultimate difficulty, default pace, 10 minute halves
New Slider Set Devised from Version 9

Wanted to post an update for Ultimate difficulty, default paced slider set I have been employing since the release of both Title Update 11 and 11.1. While there were no gameplay modification announcements for Title Update 11.1 on Thursday this week, from experience, not every change is publically broadcast, and a number of hidden elements or tweaks are introduced into the gameplay. As others in this community have pointed out, the CPU tendencies for attacking and maintaining possession along the sidelines has inexplicably reverted back to Title Update 9 levels in the past three days. Over the course of updates 8, 9, 10, and 11 the developers at EA has focused on reducing a number of attacking vectors (shooting, wing play, and sequential passing), while simultaneously enhancing defending tactics, and incrementally diminishing goalkeeper abilities. Some of the changes to the slider set offered by Matt and the development team in Version 9 have been welcomed and necessary to accommodate the range of gameplay changes (passing speed, first touch error, and run frequency), however in my personal opinion, there are still a few slider adjustments that require reassessment. When experimenting with the default Version 9 slider set, oftentimes the CPU attacks expose the high line height and fullback positioning values by executing long through balls or lob passes, leading to easy goals, especially past the eightieth minute when needing an equalizer. In addition, with the new gamplay coding adjustment for CPU wing play, the line width allows for more possession, maneuvering, and less central passing, as a result of the increased marking value. These inconsistencies are less prevalent with top table clubs, and often masked by players with higher attributes, in comparison to mid, lower, or second and third tier clubs. The slider values I evaluate for personal matches attempt to invoke realism, both in match play appearance and final scorelines, while still allowing the user a reasonable chance to avoid manager sacking for prolonged career mode saves. While many people may disagree with my settings and find fault with the determinations, I only offer them as for suggestion to those who are not fully enjoying the gameplay or results. It is not my intention to dissuade anyone away from the findings of Matt and the development team, or to contradict the efforts and passion put into their slider adjustments.

Sprint speed: 6-8
Shot speed: 46-48
Goalkeeper ability: 56-58 (At the default 50 value, the best goalkeepers in the world struggle to stop any straight-on shots, and often dive the wrong direction, or a significant delay in their reaction occurs. The goalkeeper attributes were lessened by EA in both Title Update 11 and 11.1)
Marking: 46-48 (Reduced this number to encourage the CPU to centrally pass more to unmarked teamates instead of only down the sidelines, and increase both CPU and user scoring. With the new Version 9 slider set value of 51, the scoring of the CPU drops to less than .5 goal per match, and often, no goals in four or five consecutive matches)
Line height: 48-54
Line length: 38
Line width: 54 (This value was tested months ago to combat the constant CPU wing play and was reduced over time as the Title Updates manipulated attack vectors, however after this week, this increase is required again, at least for my gameplay style. Further increasing to 56 will eliminate most of the CPU wing play unnaturally, the 54 value 'feels' correct to me)
Fullback positioning: 26-32 (The first value, 26, will keep the fullbacks in alignment with the central backs during attack, until the ball is advanced into the attacking third and penalty box, while 32 will position them approximately two yards ahead of the CB line. Inherent to the game engine, fullbacks have always ignored the 'stay back while attacking' instructions, therefore, using 'join the attack' instruction is unnecessary, even with the low positioning value)
First touch error: 58-62 (As stated in other posts to this forum, and obvious to all users of the game, at the Legendary or Ultimate difficulties, a high value for first touch error significantly effects the user, especially for first touch shots and passes, while rarely inconveniencing the CPU)

At this time, the gameplay changes coming in Title Update 12 have not been released yet, but they have been rumored to be minimal. We can expect the new update within the next two weeks, and perhaps as early as this Wednesday.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:18 AM   #2243
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Random question, can anyone advise why on World Class slow sprint for cpu is 55 but on shorter half set it’s 51?

Surely you still need discrepancies for engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-31-2024, 04:17 PM   #2244
Rookie

Yeah definitely not trying to discredit what you guys do because it’s still better than no sliders at all and I have used them for years but I’m on legendary and I’ve felt as well that the last week or 2 something has changed and the CPU just becomes unstoppable at times
Old 03-31-2024, 10:18 PM   #2245
Pro

The amount of scripting in the game on Legendary this year is disgraceful. The refs seem to favour the CPU also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 01:02 AM   #2246
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecbel
Short honest answer? No
I have been using 78 freq, 40 sev and am seeing good variety (still imperfect though). At lower sev levels, players get knocks that wear off - in this version an injured player is severely diminished and cannot bounce back. But the injuries have more realistic range - 2 month shoulder, 6 day dead leg, 7 day bruised thigh, 7 month tiba fracture (that sucked). Very few broken toes.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:05 AM   #2247
Rookie

For me the sliders are perfect but, about a dozen or so games into the first season something changes and I may as well be watching it as the cpu does what it wants, my players suddenly feel as if they are treading water, their turns are slower, I bounce off cpu players or they just run right through me and I might aswell be playing Man City when I'm playing Bournemouth, every game is the same thing. 6 months since release and nothing has changed. I keep going back to my old FIFA 23 save and then trying again so back I go again as at least it's enjoyable.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:11 AM   #2248
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
I have been using 78 freq, 40 sev and am seeing good variety (still imperfect though). At lower sev levels, players get knocks that wear off - in this version an injured player is severely diminished and cannot bounce back. But the injuries have more realistic range - 2 month shoulder, 6 day dead leg, 7 day bruised thigh, 7 month tiba fracture (that sucked). Very few broken toes.
This sounds promising! I’ll give these values a go. I’ll certainly take good but imperfect. Appreciate it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »