Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2024, 04:42 PM   #2273
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

The amount of scripting in the game this year on Legendary is on another level. It wasn't as near bad as this on 23. The ball always falls so kindly for the CPU and 99% of their goals are awful scrappy goals, based on pure 'luck'.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:18 PM   #2274
Rookie

I am finding Ultimate offers far more balanced gameplay than legendary and like the v9 sliders. There is still some very passive defending (have CBs occasionally standing in place as spectators), but the mindset shift that turns cpu into 2009-11 barcelona on steriods and my team into hungover sunday leaguers seems to not be present.

Only concern is that ultimate may be too easy…not that much difference from WC with PBD, though the gameplay is a bit better.

Last edited by Rolacerto; 04-21-2024 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM   #2275
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
I am finding Ultimate offers far more balanced gameplay than legendary and like the v9 sliders. There is still some very passive defending (have CBs occasionally standing in place as spectators), but the mindset shift that turns cpu into 2009-11 barcelona on steriods and my team into hungover sunday leaguers seems to not be present.

Only concern is that ultimate may be too easy…not that much difference from WC with PBD,though the gameplay is a bit better.
What is PBD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2024, 06:02 PM   #2276
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
What is PBD?
Player Based Difficulty.
Old 04-22-2024, 01:55 PM   #2277
Rookie

Title Update 13 Notes

Hello to everyone, wanted to post in advance of the upcoming Title Update 13, scheduled for release tomorrow. In addition to the inclusion of Kenilworth Road stadium for PC and current gen consoles, supposedly there will be a new option for selecting the penalty kick takers for cup competitions, and a patch for randomly adjusting sliders by the game engine, when changing the global difficulty level (World Class to Legendary, and so forth). In previous posts I outlined a number of setting and slider adjustments that may change between gaming sessions, including camera angle configurations (follow the ball or zoom in the box), 'hold to skip' visual setting, and sliders for acceleration and marking for both the CPU and user. As a habit since the beginning, I have always checked all pre-game and slider settings when starting a new game session, especially when logging into the EA servers for squad updates, then terminating the game, and restarting disconnected from the network. Whenever you log into the EA servers, your game and global settings are automatically backed up to cloud computers. At random, there can be a corruption or disassociation between the files, in particular when you play Manager Career mode for extended periods without being connected to the servers.

Attached Images
File Type: png Title Update 13 Manager Career Mode Changes.png (139.8 KB, 147 views)
Old 04-22-2024, 05:33 PM   #2278
Just started!

Shorter Halves Ultimate Pace

Hello. I noticed there aren't recommended sliders for shorter halves ultimate (I play 4 minute halves) and I want to know what the sprint speed and acceleration recommended values would be for that at default pace or should I set it the same as normal Ultimate? (10 for user and 10 for cpu on sprint speed). I'm currently playing with my friends at 40 sprint speed for user and 50 for cpu because they thought 10 and 10 was absurd but I wouldn't know since we haven't tried and it would probably be too slow for 4 minute halves. All the other sliders are set exactly to what the Ultimate values are on the table.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:33 PM   #2279
Rookie

Ultimate Difficulty Four Minute Halves

shannyarg,

Basically, the slider adjustments offered in the forum are a generalized template, or starting point for people to customize for their individual skillset and enjoyment. Unless you are an elite player, I would never advise manipulating the sprint slider values with an advantage towards the CPU opponent at the Ultimate difficulty level with default pace settings. Personally, I prefer longer, more realistic matches, therefore, I have ten minute halves (up from eight in FIFA 23 and before), and use either two or four for the sprint speed. During the course of Title Updates in the past four months, the gameplay and animation sequences have increased in speed globally, requiring players who desire a realistic flow, number of chances, and reasonable scorelines to continually reduce the sprint value. The proposed sprint speed value of ten was developed by Matt and the team months ago before many of the changes (in November or December) using I believe six minute halves. If you prefer fast paced matches, then a sprint value of fifteen to twenty for both the user and CPU in four minute halves should work well, however, I might suggest bumping up to six minute halves instead, and using slower sprint values. At higher values, the game becomes far more like a 'video' game, instead of a realistic 'simulation', or true to life representation. If you discover the CPU or user controlled AI players are taking more time to buildup attack sequences, then you can increase the run frequency value, regardless of the sprint speed. In summary, the primary responsibility of the slider adjustments is to correct game coding deficiencies, EA developer incompetence, and attempt to normalize the game as it should be from release. In my opinion, slider adjustments are/should be designed to interject randomness, variability, and gameplay corrections globally to the system engine that have been removed through update processes, not to give advantage to the user or CPU unless someone is training or adjusting to a new game difficulty level, or take the place of in-game formation tactics, player instructions, assistant coach and player training benefits/drawbacks, etc. When experimenting with my own slider set modifications, the goal is to have equivalent slider values for both the user and CPU, often an average number between disparate OS slider settings; i.e. shot error: 60 user 88 CPU (Version 9), my value between 74 and 78 for both. People in this community have dedicated years or decades to the fine tuning and assessment of slider values to discover a 'perfect' set, however, it is an impossible venture, as everyone has their own talents, ideals, and expectations. If you formulate slider values that work for you at the four minute half level, post your findings, so that others may benefit.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:01 PM   #2280
Rookie

Is anyone else finding that the CPU is absolutely spamming agile dribbling? The last couple matches I played the AI was using it constantly by all players from CB to mid fielders to wingers and strikers. They were doing the old spin 2 or 3 times and shift around in multiple directions when receiving every pass and then agile dribbling the rest of the time. It felt like competitor mode was on (I think that's the setting that does the dumb thing of mimicking FUT play), but it wasn't. The AI behaviour was the same whether I had balanced or pressure tactics as well. It seems to be over the top now in any game I'm playing - including league 1 and 2 teams where no one has dribbling stats. It seems to kick in once I score a goal or two, so it may just be similar to other coding that when the AI is losing it triggers this, but I hadn't seen this level of behaviour prior to the past couple weeks. Granted I had taken a while off, so it might have been around for a while now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »