Home

Old 03-27-2024, 03:47 AM   #19321
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Can't wait for the commish to announce runs will now be called points. Since that is what casual fans that don't know a bunt from a punt call runs.
Maybe every run (or point) should be worth 10 to increase scoring. 4-2 games are boring, but a 40-20 game should draw in the casuals! 🫠

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 03:56 AM   #19322
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Maybe every run (or point) should be worth 10 to increase scoring. 4-2 games are boring, but a 40-20 game should draw in the casuals! 🫠

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Reminds me of what COD started doing.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-27-2024, 11:36 AM   #19323
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Ya, I also just learned today about the new pinch hitter rule that goes into effect this year as well. Manfred just changes stuff to change stuff…he can’t retire fast enough.
Someone.. anyone... please, 'make him an offer he can't refuse'...
Old 03-27-2024, 09:38 PM   #19324
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Thanks alot to the Dodgers on that Will Smith deal. -Expletive-

I'm sure Cal Raleigh and Scott Boras creamed their jeans when they saw that.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:54 AM   #19325
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Thanks alot to the Dodgers on that Will Smith deal. -Expletive-

I'm sure Cal Raleigh and Scott Boras creamed their jeans when they saw that.
😆😆 ****ing Dodgers are just printing money I swear. Will Smith is solid but that's ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2024, 10:17 AM   #19326
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Happy Opening Day!

I loved this piece when I first saw it, and still enjoy watching it!

"It's suppose to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard. is what makes it great"

How I love this game!

BASEBALL ON FILM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYScNYRA5w&t=191s

Old 03-28-2024, 11:17 AM   #19327

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-28-2024, 10:20 PM   #19328
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

My Uncommon Opinion number 456:

I don't think players who come over from the Japan League should qualify as a ''rookie''. And the reason is not so much that I consider Japan League a ''major'' league. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I haven't really reassessed how I viewed JL baseball. Before Ichiro I had an opinion it wasn't any different than AAA or AA minor leagues. That opinion definitely goes back to even way before Nomo debut with LA.

No, the real reason I don't view these guys as ''rookies'' is simply, their salaries. These guys most of the time come in making double or triple, sometimes way more than that, what the major league minimum salary is. I guess I would be good with an additional qualification for RoY is being within some range dollar amount of the MLB minimum salary.

As an aside, another distinct difference between Japan league baseball KBO and other foreign leagues versus comparison Triple A, Double A, Single A minor league, is what those team organisations objective is. If you look at what minor league managers and coaches ultimate job goal is, it's not to win minor league championships, it's to develop players to be MLB caliber. Japan league baseball is not concerned with making good ballplayers to send to America, it's to win championships. That alone is a huge mindset difference where MiLB players are in relation to what a foreign league baseball players mindset is. I think that should be a major factor for RoY qualifications. Most of these Japanese ''rookies'' are 27 years age or older, while a typical rookie promoted from the farm system are 21-24 or 25 years old. I think it would be interesting to see how many RoYs that were developed from farm systems where 27 years or older when winning RoY. My hunch gut guess is, zero.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »