Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #145
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

I was talking to the HR person who is handling my new-hire onboarding process and I referred to the W4 form, where you declare your dependents and whatnot, as my W2. It probably sounded weird asking for my W2 when I haven't even started working yet.

Plus, the chick is one of the most attractive people I have ever seen so I felt even dumber about it afterward.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #146
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Watching a random family feud rerun, the category is "name a food you carve at the table". Turkey and ham are on the board. I notice I'm about to run out of paper towels, go to my grocery list on the phone and type "roast beef" haha
Old 10-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #147
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I was talking to the HR person who is handling my new-hire onboarding process and I referred to the W4 form, where you declare your dependents and whatnot, as my W2. It probably sounded weird asking for my W2 when I haven't even started working yet.

Plus, the chick is one of the most attractive people I have ever seen so I felt even dumber about it afterward.
Don't worry, I've worked in payroll, they get that all the time.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #148
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

So yesterday I was at work as usual. Busy day and all was good. The Boss (also my best friend) has asked if I would mind watching his 9 year old daughter for a few hours at the end of the day and then he or his ex wife would pick her up and my house afterwards. She is a cool kid and pretty much entertains herself and is very respectful so I had no problems with it.

So the end of the day I close up everything, count the drawer, do the paperwork and turn the alarm on and leave. I am sitting in my car when my phone goes off because the alarm in the store has been triggered! I jumped out of my car and jogged back to the store to see what was going on. It was then I saw this little 9 year old girl standing inside the store at the front door with her hands over her ears laughing her head off.

I think I am going to be paying for this one for a good bit.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #149
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I was in the grocery store yesterday and a woman came up to me and started talking to me for about 15 minutes. Now I know this woman from somewhere but I couldn't place her for the life of me. We were talking about our families as if we were long life friends. I'm still racking my brain as to who it was. I felt like Jerry Seinfeld when the woman approached him in the Chinese Restaurant.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:56 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I was in the grocery store yesterday and a woman came up to me and started talking to me for about 15 minutes. Now I know this woman from somewhere but I couldn't place her for the life of me. We were talking about our families as if we were long life friends. I'm still racking my brain as to who it was. I felt like Jerry Seinfeld when the woman approached him in the Chinese Restaurant.
I want to start wearing disguises when I go to the store just so no one can recognize me lol, but with my luck it'd end up like Elaine in the disguise during the seinfeld episode with her in the blond wig and glasses and some dude spotted her anyway
Old 01-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #151

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

A brain fart that thankfully didn't happen,but was literally 2 seconds away from happening:

I was waiting for the elevator so I could go up, and once it came, the person ahead of me got in first, and I was about to be like "are you going up or down?". Nothing wrong with that right? Just wanting to see if we're taking elevator in same direction. Thankfully I saw what button they pressed before asking,cause I then remembered......I'm already on the bottom floor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #152

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

A partial brain fart, more like an unintentional jerk moment of the day I still feel bad about.

I was gonna walk through a door, and someone ahead of me went in first...except they turned away and walked back out. I didn't know what was wrong so I just continued right past them and straight through the door. Little did I know, that other person turned around cause there was a guy in crutches exiting so he was just making room for that guy. I didn't know and I was too far in to turn back out since he was already like right past me when I realized it. He even slightly bumped into me and HE apologized.

Like I said, I still feel bad about that. Didn't do any of it on purpose and had I known the situation, definitely wouldn't have even walked in until afterwards. And of course him apologizing afterwards made me have the ultimate "I feel like a jerk" moment. In situations like this I'm often the one who does get out of peoples way, hold door open and so on. For some people, something like that might not bother them at all but for me it kinda does.

Only positive thing about any of this was that it looked like some guy in his 30s who was just in a walking boot and wasn't struggling using the crutches and wasn't mad or anything I ended up being in his way. Had it been someone older(or younger like a kid) or just someone struggling with crutches, would've made me feel so much worse.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-18-2017 at 12:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »