Home

HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

This is a discussion on HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

I personally do think there are exceptions to the 5 limit of sig skills, but the exceptions are only legends. Wilt Chamberlain/Bill Russell qualify for pretty much all of the post skills/scrapper/brick wall/interceptor and Russell also deserves Break Starter. Magic Johnson is the 3rd exception. Here is what I think he deserves:

Acrobat
Alley Ooper
Ankle Breaker
Break Starter
Dimer
Floor General
Post Playmaker
Scrapper
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Tyson Chandler disputes your defensive anchor logic
Tyson Chandler actually proves our point. He has proven that no matter what team he plays for, their overall team defense becomes better. Look at the list of players we have given this skill to:

-Noah
-Garnett
-T. Chandler
-D. Howard
-Duncan
-K. Perkins

All of these guys make a significant difference to their team's defensive schemes and how other teams approach them whether they are on or off the court. Also, all of these teams are playoff teams. If /when a team like the Warriors show that their one acquisition changes their entire defensive culture, then I can justify giving Bogut that skill. Bogut will still have his great defensive ability, but how he affects a team like the Warriors is to be determine.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 09-15-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #43
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
That is correct. We put them under "others" until we can compare their ability to those players that we already given that particular skill to. Your videos are great, keep them coming.

He may end up having Microwave or Heat Retention when we are done. We are still trying to figure out criteria for those two skills. As for FINISHER, we went off the amount of "and 1s" a player had last season, he did not meet the requirement.
1. Okay. I figured. Makes sense

2. Ah well, I only suggested it since, even though he finishes at the rim, he doesn't really adjust his shot. He just powers through defenders for the layup.

On an unrelated note, I think he deserves either active hands or interceptor.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...arcus-thornton

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...arcus-thornton

He consistently averaged 1.5 SPG and had 11 games where he had at least 3 steals in a game.

He does not deserve pick-pocket. He doesn't get his steals that way. He gets his steals mainly off playing the passing lanes.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonanerd
I personally do think there are exceptions to the 5 limit of sig skills, but the exceptions are only legends. Wilt Chamberlain/Bill Russell qualify for pretty much all of the post skills/scrapper/brick wall/interceptor and Russell also deserves Break Starter. Magic Johnson is the 3rd exception. Here is what I think he deserves:

Acrobat
Alley Ooper
Ankle Breaker
Break Starter
Dimer
Floor General
Post Playmaker
Scrapper
Ankle breaker.. No
Acrobat... No

If you really watch magic he wasn't really a good finisher (nor acrobatic)
Wasn't overly fast or had quick crossovers either. His large frame and court sense let him get anywhere on court. Not breakneck crosses . My opinion though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Ankle breaker.. No
Acrobat... No

If you really watch magic he wasn't really a good finisher (nor acrobatic)
Wasn't overly fast or had quick crossovers either. His large frame and court sense let him get anywhere on court. Not breakneck crosses . My opinion though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, those were skills I was iffy about. Still, that is 6 skills, making him an exception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #46
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18

I know this doesn't affect the game as much as the main teams and classic teams but I'd like to know how you guys feel about the Sig Skills that Team USA '92/'12 should have.

PSN: kingmike9
Old 09-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
I know this doesn't affect the game as much as the main teams and classic teams but I'd like to know how you guys feel about the Sig Skills that Team USA '92/'12 should have.
These are actually being worked on =)
Old 09-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #48
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Tyson Chandler actually proves our point. He has proven that no matter what team he plays for, their overall team defense becomes better. Look at the list of players we have given this skill to:

-Noah
-Garnett
-T. Chandler
-D. Howard
-Duncan
-K. Perkins

All of these guys make a significant difference to their team's defensive schemes and how other teams approach them whether they are on or off the court. Also, all of these teams are playoff teams. If /when a team like the Warriors show that their one acquisition changes their entire defensive culture, then I can justify giving Bogut that skill. Bogut will still have his great defensive ability, but how he affects a team like the Warriors is to be determine.
He didn't make the Bobcats better. Don't get me wrong, I've liked Chandler since he played for the Bulls, but it wasn't until he joined the Mavs that he got this uber defensive reputation. He's always been a good defensive player no matter what team he played for, but winning always seems to magnify players, or finally give them their just due. I'm not saying Chandler isn't a defensive anchor, just that Bogut should be considered one as well. He averaged something like 3 blocks per game 2 seasons ago, and it's not like he's a weak side shot locker, a la Serge Ibaka. Maybe the Bucks lack of success was due to him being hurt? Maybe a healthy Bogut will improve GS?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »