Home

HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

This is a discussion on HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
And in terms of Anchor, we are attempting to create exclusivity with that skill. Anyone with that skill has to be part of a contending team. Bogut can still be represented correctly through ratings and tendencies.
I guess I don't really see the logic in that, as it seems arbitrary. The Bucks weren't really a contender for most years outside of the Fear the Deer year but it's undeniable what Bogut brings. If we're going for realism, the Defensive Anchor skill seems like just the skill needed to reflect his effect on the Bucks with and without him, and presumably whatever team he's on. I think maybe we might be taking "defense wins championships" a bit too literally.

Quote:
We will keep him in the back of our minds once the season starts to see how it plays out. We have no problem with adding him as the season progresses.
Well, good enough for me then. Anyway, I hope the feedback on the other Warriors was helpful.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-15-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I guess I don't really see the logic in that, as it seems arbitrary. The Bucks weren't really a contender for most years outside of the Fear the Deer year but it's undeniable what Bogut brings. If we're going for realism, the Defensive Anchor skill seems like just the skill needed to reflect his effect on the Bucks with and without him, and presumably whatever team he's on. I think maybe we might be taking "defense wins championships" a bit too literally.
That is the point we are trying to make. we do not know if he would have a similar effect on the Warriors since historically they are a run-and-gun team. Mark Jackson is trying to change that and acquiring Bogut was a good start. Only time will tell.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
CP3 deserves active hands or pick pockets he led the NBA in steals

Kris Humphries Scraper he avg 11 Reb a game being undersize a PF most his Rebs we from pure hustle.

Mike Miller spot up shooter that's all he does now in days

Judging by the list you're not a fan of ankle breaker and closer lol. Good luck with the project.

Chris Paul now has Active Hands

Kris Humphries now has Scrapper

Mike Miller must have slipped under our radar. He now has Spot Up Shooter

Yes, we are not fans of ankle breaker and closer skills. We have the feeling that these may become "cheesy" along with posterizer

Excellent suggestions, thanks.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
That is the point we are trying to make. we do not know if he would have a similar effect on the Warriors since historically they are a run-and-gun team. Mark Jackson is trying to change that and acquiring Bogut was a good start. Only time will tell.
Fair enough. We weren't as much of a run and gun team last year, but we were a pretty terrible half court team the times Jackson tried it. Hah. I also added a few more Nike sig videos for Curry if that helps.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Take the Ankle breaker off of Westbrook

Make sure wade is a CLOSER
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #30
MVP

@Sundown. I saw the videos, and they make an compelling arguement. The issue with giving Steph shot creator is he ranks 44th out of 51 PGs that plat at least 20mpg in percentage of FGs made that were assisted. For a PG, 50% of your FGs coming off assist is pretty high, especially if you are handling the ball. Just to give you an idea of where he ranks: Nash, CP3, Westbrook, Wall, T Parker, Rose, and Lin are all under 25%. Our cut off point is 40%

I know that number may be high because of his injury last season, making him more of a set shooter. Also, since he was playing with Monta, that could contribute as well. More than likely, he will be handling the ball more since Monta is gone now. If he drops below the cut off mark, I have no problem assigning him shot creator
Old 09-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 17
Btw, if you're going to post a vid to back up a post make sure its of last year, not 4 years ago. I'm talking to your Lebron needs highlight film and eraser guys.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
@Sundown. I saw the videos, and they make an compelling arguement. The issue with giving Steph shot creator is he ranks 44th out of 51 PGs that plat at least 20mpg in percentage of FGs made that were assisted. For a PG, 50% of your FGs coming off assist is pretty high, especially if you are handling the ball. Just to give you an idea of where he ranks: Nash, CP3, Westbrook, Wall, T Parker, Rose, and Lin are all under 25%. Our cut off point is 40%

I know that number may be high because of his injury last season, making him more of a set shooter. Also, since he was playing with Monta, that could contribute as well. More than likely, he will be handling the ball more since Monta is gone now. If he drops below the cut off mark, I have no problem assigning him shot creator
That's an interesting approach, but Steph's such an excellent shooter that it actually makes sense to run him off screens and kick out to him. I don't think that takes anything away from his shot creation ability. And if it does, does he get Spot Up Shooter or Corner Man?

I think it makes more sense to look at the FG% of unassisted shots and look to make sure that it meets some minimum number per game, rather than just simply having assisted shots count against you. Since Steph's a relatively high scoring point guard, I don't think him hitting a few more assisted threes make him less able to get his own shot than a similar player who ends up under 40% assisted because he isn't as good at the 3 ball and doesn't take perimeter shots as often.

Regarding this coming season, I think Steph might actually take as many assisted shots if not more. While he'll handle a bit more when he's on alone, there are times the Warriors will run Jack/Curry just to captitalize on Steph's shot. I also see them running inside out more, because of Lee and Bogut's passing which might also get Steph a few more assisted shots.

It might be helpful to post your Sig Skill selection criteria for all skills. It would certainly be educational and thought provoking (not to mention helping folks evaluate whether their favorite player really deserves that Sig Skill).

Last edited by Sundown; 09-15-2012 at 06:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »