Home

HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

This is a discussion on HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

Chris Duhon is the worst player in the NBA and should not have a signature skill period. I would add something like spot up shooter to JJ Redick
Old 09-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #34
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Sup Hyperballer/DC!I love your idea, so after heve been taking a look at your templates here's my little contribution:

Shot creator - Not sure if Jeff Teague deserves to be in that list yet, but imo Eric Gordon should be there.

Lockdown defender - Why isn't Deshawn Stevenson on that list?

Dimer - Maybe Floor General is still too much for him, but Ricky Rubio should have this skill for sure!

Spot Up Shooter - Mike Bibby shouldn't be in that list no more, but JJ Reddick and Anthony Morrow should be there for sure, and even though he is not the same players than years ago imo Rip Hmailton should be there too.

And finally, even knowing that he has had a horrible rookie year, I'd add that skill to Jimmer Fredette, but I know this is really controversial.

Break Starter - I haven't seen anybody on that list, so maybe that's because you guys consider this a cheesy skill. I'd add Lamar Odom, Kevin Love, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to the list.

Hustle Points - IMO Kevin Love clearly deserves this skills. I don't know how many times I've seen him last year getting buckets after several offensive rebounds.

Chase Down Artist - Why is not Serge Ibaka there??

Closer - Even being a maybe cheesy feature, for all the last second shots they have made all these years I'd give that skill to Derek Fisher and Hedo Turkoglu

Post Proficiency - LaMaurcus Aldridge is one of the top guys that imo deserve this skill

Microwave - The assignments of this feature got me a little bit disconcerted. I don't know why Michaell Redd still has this skill and not players like James Harden, Manu Ginobili, OJ Mayo or even Leandro Barbosa.

Otherwise I don't know if being a rookie he deserves this skill, but since you gave it to Austin Rivers, Damian Lillard should have it too.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bargnani isn't really a spot up shooter. The sig skill he deserves most
Is the SHOT CREATOR. That is his game through and through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Bargs has only shot over 40% 1 time in his career. As we mentioned, there are strict qualifications for Spot Up shooters. He isn't someone that meets the qualifications. Thanks for the suggestion. We applied Microwave to his profile.
Okay, that seems fair.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 10

@SeanBarkley

Rubio: He should have had DIMER. We missed him for some reason. Our mistake.

Eric Gordon: He has the Create skill.

DeSHawn Stevenson: He will have a high on ball defensive rating in our system. We wanted to keep this for on ball defenders in their prime. We don't feel he is still in his prime Washington/Dallas days when it comes to this. He will have a high rating, just not a skill.

Ibaka: We will not give any big men chase down blocks because we are not yet sure if the fastbreak defensive catchup logic has been addressed. Anything that could potentially cause a big man to catch up with a little man on the break is something we would like to avoid. If we knew that it wouldn't force catchup on the break, he would easily have it. But as of now only a handful of players have that skill.

Bibby: You are correct, he shouldn't have spot up anymore. Maybe a few years ago but not now.

Break Starter: Odom, LeBron, Wade, Love are all on the list already. Wade and LeBron have better skills that represent them so we don't know if we want to "waste" a slot for that on those two.

Love: Hustle Points is in his package.

Microwave: We are still tinkering with the qualifications of this skill. So if anything looks off please call us out on it.

Closer: We would not give closer to people that simply hit a few shots in big situations. This skill is for people that perform consistently in the clutch moments of the game. Horry, Fisher, Hedo hitting big shots are rare. Yes we remember them but they still rarely happen in the grand scheme of things when you factor how many times they don't hit big shots.

But we are still on the fence about giving anyone this skill since we both question if a player actually "elevates" his play during clutch situations as opposed to "unleashing" what he already has in his skill set. Giving a bonus for taking shots in that situation coupled in with 2K's natural last second shot clock/game love, we don't know if this can be trusted.

If a player has a high touches tendency, the AI should already be going to him in clutch situations, so we don't know if we need to assign someone that skill to get them more touches as well as artificial FG% boosts in those situations. It is unrealistic.

Jimmer: He is not a spot up shooter by any stretch. That isn't his game. That wasn't his style in college and he hasn't proven he can make the transition into a spot up shooter in the NBA. He will not be assigned that skill. Also please refer to the qualifications on the bottom where the tabs are located.

LaMarcus: We do not feel his post game is as proficient as the players that already have this skill but if you can provide video evidence we can investigate it for you.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 09-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #38
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Am I to assume I didn't provide enough evidence on the previous page?

Edit: Never mind, saw the Excel sheet. If it's listed in Other does that mean it's under further deliberation?

Also, I'd give Marcus Thornton: Heat Retention and Finisher.

Last edited by DukeC; 09-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #39
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
@Sundown, I understand everything that you are saying. We just can't agree to give Bogut that skill when compared to the team success and proven (current team) individual influence of the other players we have given Anchor. We will keep him in the back of our minds once the season starts to see how it plays out. We have no problem with adding him as the season progresses. Thanks for constructive feedback.
Tyson Chandler disputes your defensive anchor logic
Old 09-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
If it's listed in Other does that mean it's under further deliberation?
That is correct. We put them under "others" until we can compare their ability to those players that we already given that particular skill to. Your videos are great, keep them coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Also, I'd give Marcus Thornton: Heat Retention and Finisher.
He may end up having Microwave or Heat Retention when we are done. We are still trying to figure out criteria for those two skills. As for FINISHER, we went off the amount of "and 1s" a player had last season, he did not meet the requirement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »