Home

HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

This is a discussion on HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Bargnani
SPOT UP SHOOTER:I watch alot of Raptor games sure he has had cold streaks early in his career but as he has matured if you leave him open he will make you pay!,has also improved his shot off the dribble!.
Thanks for the suggestions. We have a very strict requirement in order to receive the Spot Up Shooter Skill:
1) 3PT Percentage must be > 42%
2) at least 90% of 3pt Made must be Assisted

Although most of his attempts were assisted at 94%, he only shot 29.6% from 3pt land last season and is a career 36.5% shooter from that distance. Also, he is much better at shooting off the dribble

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 09-14-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

this thread is jumping the gun way to early. See what 2k does with the skills before trying to rape rosters in advance. Its also biased considering a player thats are excellent defender IRL cant have defensive anchor because his team isnt a top team. you guy trying to make something simple way to complicated
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Thanks for the suggestions. We have a very strict requirement in order to receive the Spot Up Shooter Skill:
1) 3PT Percentage must be > 42%
2) at least 90% of 3pt Made must be Assisted

Although most of his attempts were assisted at 94%, he only shot 29.6% from 3pt land last season and is a career 36.5% shooter from that distance.
He's been injured most of last season with a calf injury.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
MVP

@Sundown, I understand everything that you are saying. We just can't agree to give Bogut that skill when compared to the team success and proven (current team) individual influence of the other players we have given Anchor. We will keep him in the back of our minds once the season starts to see how it plays out. We have no problem with adding him as the season progresses. Thanks for constructive feedback.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
He's been injured most of last season with a calf injury.
Bargs has only shot over 40% 1 time in his career. As we mentioned, there are strict qualifications for Spot Up shooters. He isn't someone that meets the qualifications. Thanks for the suggestion. We applied Microwave to his profile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Wait. Isn't the point of bad teams acquiring missing pieces and culture changing impact players in the first place-- so that they can become better teams? That would be like taking Floor General away from Chris Paul because the Clippers were a sub .500 team for years before they signed him. The Bucks were also terrible without Bogut. If he obviously makes the Bucks better, why can't he do it for another team that's at least as talented this season? The Warriors were historically bad because they were historically small, wasted talent in drafts and trades, and didn't have a true center to anchor the defense since, what, Nate Thurmond? I'm not sure it makes sense to deny them their missing piece just because they've always been missing that piece.

Plus with our crappy defenders, a justified boost would just make a few of them just a little less crappy. With our coaches' focus on defense, and with the Warriors being smart teachable guys, I would at least expect improved defense even if most of the guys still won't be stellar. I'd rather see this playtested than deny Bogut his most important signature skill just because the Warriors picked him up. After all, we did give up Ellis and Udoh for that "sig skill".

If you'd like things to play out realistically, I would suggest making changes so other areas are in line rather and play well with Bogut's influence rather than taking the core identity away from a player that's been the biggest Warriors acquisition in decades.
^Seriously. He was known for being the defensive anchor for the Bucks for a long time. But since the WARRIORS haven't been a good defensive team without him, he doesn't deserve the Anchor signature skill? I don't understand that. Well then, I guess you might as well strip Deron Williams of his floor general skill because the Nets have sucked the past years.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
this thread is jumping the gun way to early. See what 2k does with the skills before trying to rape rosters in advance. Its also biased considering a player thats are excellent defender IRL cant have defensive anchor because his team isnt a top team. you guy trying to make something simple way to complicated
I am sorry that you feel that way but we are just going to get started early. We will look over 2K's approach of course and see how it compares to our logic. We would have eventually edited these either way so there is no point in waiting until the game comes out. And in terms of Anchor, we are attempting to create exclusivity with that skill. Anyone with that skill has to be part of a contending team. Bogut can still be represented correctly through ratings and tendencies.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #24
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd also give Post Playmaker to Cousins as well. He frequently hits Thornton or Evans for an easy layup when they cut to the basket.

This from his rookie year:

His APG went down this year as he took on more of a scoring load (IE just came straight out of the lockout jacking up ill-advised shots ) at the beginning of the season, but they ballooned by up to 2.2 after the All Star break.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...marcus-cousins

Edit: I'd also give Eric Bledsoe chase down block. He did it quite often last season.

Last edited by DukeC; 09-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »