Home

Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2021, 04:34 PM   #65
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Manage only thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I haven't encountered that problem. Are you using manage mode?
So, I think you might be able to ignore my previous post. I just played a MOM game and I realized that I haven't actually had that bug happen during a MOM game. I think I thought I had, but now I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it...

I blame old age...
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
I haven't in a few weeks but it would happen to me in MOM as well. It's a weird bug because it doesn't happen all of the time. Here is an example of what happens (you can do this in a Play Now game to try it out):

1. Go into the bullpen
2. Warm up pitcher(s) (when using Play Now, they all are at 100% energy)
3. While I'm hitting, go back to the bullpen
4. Select the pitcher I want to bring in
5. Select Schedule to bring in pitcher (or whatever it is actually called).
6. Game asks if I still want to bring in the pitcher - select yes.
7. Pitcher comes in and his energy is about 20% less (green bar is not to 100%)

I've tried just letting them keep warming up, made them stop warming up and be ready to pitch (or whatever it is actually called), etc.

I've heard that if you go to the pause menu to go in and out of the bullpen vs. the short cut (up on the d-pad) that had something to do with it but it happens to me either way.

So during a franchise game, when the bullpen is tired but I've saved a guy to be 100% and I bring him in and his energy is automatically depleted it kills it for me.
What I've always done until this recent bug was warm up the relief pitcher until he is fully warmed up and then go to the bullpen and select "warm and ready". What that does is tell the relief pitcher to stop throwing.

It's possible "select pitcher to enter game" has him continue to throw and he gets fatigued. I don't know because I haven't used much. Maybe try warm and ready, then exit for a pitch, then re-enter and select pitcher to enter game. That's just a guess.

The only time I use select pitcher to enter game is when I have pinch hit for the pitcher. If I haven't pinch hit I use warm and ready.

In the past several years ago if you didn't tell the pitcher to stop throwing in the bullpen he would fatigue. After at least a thousand games in manage mode going back to the ps2 my brain is programmed to put them on warm and ready. They stop throwing and enter the game at whatever fatigue they were at to begin the game.

Try that and see if it works.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:41 PM   #67
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
What I've always done until this recent bug was warm up the relief pitcher until he is fully warmed up and then go to the bullpen and select "warm and ready". What that does is tell the relief pitcher to stop throwing.

It's possible "select pitcher to enter game" has him continue to throw and he gets fatigued. I don't know because I haven't used much. Maybe try warm and ready, then exit for a pitch, then re-enter and select pitcher to enter game. That's just a guess.

The only time I use select pitcher to enter game is when I have pinch hit for the pitcher. If I haven't pinch hit I use warm and ready.

In the past several years ago if you didn't tell the pitcher to stop throwing in the bullpen he would fatigue. After at least a thousand games in manage mode going back to the ps2 my brain is programmed to put them on warm and ready. They stop throwing and enter the game at whatever fatigue they were at to begin the game.

Try that and see if it works.
Correct. Let your pitcher warm up for a few innings and his bar drops dramatically.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #68
MVP

9th inning, tie game, two out, runners at first and second, pitcher at bat. I pinch hit and forget to schedule the pitcher to enter the game from the bullpen.

Fail to score. First batter in the bottom of the 9th hits a walk off home run off my first baseman.

I saved the result and moved on but it's frustrating.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:46 PM   #69
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
9th inning, tie game, two out, runners at first and second, pitcher at bat. I pinch hit and forget to schedule the pitcher to enter the game from the bullpen.

Fail to score. First batter in the bottom of the 9th hits a walk off home run off my first baseman.

I saved the result and moved on but it's frustrating.
Done that once. As soon as I put the pitcher up I immediately go back in the pen and schedule him to come in.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #70
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Done that once. As soon as I put the pitcher up I immediately go back in the pen and schedule him to come in.
Yeah, but that dang "forget" factor is always a possibility. I did it again the other day which is stupid of me, but I get into the game and...forget
Old 08-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Yeah, but that dang "forget" factor is always a possibility. I did it again the other day which is stupid of me, but I get into the game and...forget
Maybe we will get a patch.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess we have developed a new glitch in the game. Trying to pinch run. It wouldn’t do it. Tried a few different times, but still no luck. In the middle of a 5-5 game, it goes to the dreaded blue error screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »