Home

Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #73
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Manage only thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorman
I guess we have developed a new glitch in the game. Trying to pinch run. It wouldn’t do it. Tried a few different times, but still no luck. In the middle of a 5-5 game, it goes to the dreaded blue error screen.
What should we expect; hopefully SCEA decides to implement micro-transactions to MoM and then maybe they'll give the feature some lovin'.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #74
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I guess we have developed a new glitch in the game. Trying to pinch run. It wouldn’t do it. Tried a few different times, but still no luck. In the middle of a 5-5 game, it goes to the dreaded blue error screen.
Are you saying it flat out won’t let you pinch run? It’s letting me pinch run. Pinch runner has to have same position though.

They corrected the crash problem with a patch that messed up the bullpen, they patched that and brought back the original glitch (game crashing when the player your pinch hitting for, pinch running for doesn’t play the same position).

I posted a workaround that helps earlier in this thread. Only takes a few minutes to do the editing.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Are you saying it flat out won’t let you pinch run? It’s letting me pinch run. Pinch runner has to have same position though.

They corrected the crash problem with a patch that messed up the bullpen, they patched that and brought back the original glitch (game crashing when the player your pinch hitting for, pinch running for doesn’t play the same position).

I posted a workaround that helps earlier in this thread. Only takes a few minutes to do the editing.
It flat out wouldn’t make the change I tried to implement and then after that runner (the slower one) actually scored, the game went to the blue screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2021, 09:43 AM   #76
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
It flat out wouldn’t make the change I tried to implement and then after that runner (the slower one) actually scored, the game went to the blue screen.
Trying to figure out the steps you tried to take to put in a pinch runner. So you subbed a runner on base for a slower one?
Old 09-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Trying to figure out the steps you tried to take to put in a pinch runner. So you subbed a runner on base for a slower one?
No. Trailing by one run, I had a hitter with 40 speed lead off with a single. I tried to sub for him with a 94 speed player. I went to base runner action, pinch run screen, highlighted the intended substitution, it asked me if I wanted to pinch run for the runner with this player, I pushed yes. The game returned with the old runner still in the game. I repeated this process 3 or 4 times. Same result. Then after refusing to allow the pinch runner, the game, a few batters later, went to blue screen
Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
No. Trailing by one run, I had a hitter with 40 speed lead off with a single. I tried to sub for him with a 94 speed player. I went to base runner action, pinch run screen, highlighted the intended substitution, it asked me if I wanted to pinch run for the runner with this player, I pushed yes. The game returned with the old runner still in the game. I repeated this process 3 or 4 times. Same result. Then after refusing to allow the pinch runner, the game, a few batters later, went to blue screen
Was the runner you were trying to take out a catcher? If so, did you have another catcher on the bench?

Reason I ask is the game will not let you sub out a catcher, at least pinch running, for another player if you do not have a catcher (or player that can play catcher) on the bench.

At least I think this is the case, as I ran across it once or twice previously.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #79
Rookie

It was a first baseman who also plays of. I was going to sub in an inf with speed ( who also can play of). It just wouldn’t do it.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:01 AM   #80
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

so I've dabbled with this mode in the past, tried it again yesterday.

Season opener, top 7th, down 2-1, great game so far. Bellinger at bat, Rockies bring in Bowden to face him, so I pinch hit Pujols for him. There were 2 outs, he struck out and before I can sub we move on.

The game crashed, which NEVER happens when I play franchise. Based on what I'm reading here, it's confirmed that if you pinch hit or run with a player who doesn't match the position you're subbing for the game will crash? Pretty unfortunate bug.

Guess I'll go back to quick managing and watching CPUvCPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »