Home

Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2021, 10:58 PM   #41
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manage only thread

I’m going to try this.

Let’s say my pitcher is first up.

I pinch hit for an out. Next batter singles. Next batter walks. Pop up, now there are TWO outs. I sim the rest of that half inning. After the 3rd out I wonder if the AI will put in a pitcher? Worth a try, work around til it gets fixed. I’ll test that in a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2021, 12:13 AM   #42
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Icon4 Re: Manage only thread

Okay. Above is a temporary workaround. Don’t let the game advance to the next inning with your pitcher being the last out. Let’s say you have 2 runners on, 2 outs, pinch hit for the pitcher. Sim that at bat. If it’s the last out in the inning the AI will bring in a pitcher to start the next inning.

If the pinch hitter gets a hit, sim the rest until the 3r out and a pitcher will come in.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 07-23-2021 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Okay. Above is a temporary workaround. Don’t let the game advance to the next inning with your pitcher being the last out. Let’s say you have 2 runners on, 2 outs, pinch hit for the pitcher. Sim that at bat. If it’s the last out in the inning the AI will bring in a pitcher to start the next inning.

If the pinch hitter gets a hit, sim the rest until the 3r out and a pitcher will come in.
Why can't they just look at the previous year code and copy it? They have gotten lazy or are overwhelmed. It took until July and then they still botched it.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #44
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Why can't they just look at the previous year code and copy it? They have gotten lazy or are overwhelmed. It took until July and then they still botched it.
I’m just offering a temporary workaround.

I’m not sure if copying and pasting is a viable solution. This game is chock full of code and I have no idea if changing X corrupts/disrupts/changes Y or Z.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
I’m just offering a temporary workaround.

I’m not sure if copying and pasting is a viable solution. This game is chock full of code and I have no idea if changing X corrupts/disrupts/changes Y or Z.
I appreciate the workaround. Just frustrated at the backward steps they have taken in this mode.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #46
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been exclusive MoM all summer, running various postseasons with historic season rosters. Running my first '21 postseason on the PS5. BLSRed75 created a quite impressive '83 set.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I've been exclusive MoM all summer, running various postseasons with historic season rosters. Running my first '21 postseason on the PS5. BLSRed75 created a quite impressive '83 set.
I've never used historic rosters. One of the best teams I've ever watched was Whitey Herzog's 82 Cardinals. They did the intangibles right. They played smart baseball. I wonder how they do in a computer game.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:

Here's what I did yesterday. Pinch hit for pitcher leading off an inning. I waited until 2 outs before saving and exiting. Then re-entered the game and simmed - and I need to work on simming because I never did it during a game until now - when I came back to the game my position player was on the mound. Went to the bullpen and was stuck in the bullpen.

Exited and loaded the in game save and a weird thing happened. The position player was on the mound and I waited until he had faced 3 batters before replacing him but I was no longer in my created stadium. I was in the empty template of a stadium with only walls, dugout and bullpen. It was actually kind of cool to be playing in that empty atmosphere. MLB game in the middle of nowhere.

Lesson is you apparently have to sim immediately upon pinch hitting to the end of the inning. I need to practice that because it goes fast.

When will the fix this? Anybody's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until 2022 and call it a new feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »