Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-26-2024, 08:09 PM   #201
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBLUEFAN2023
As an Old School Gamer, I'm still blown away with how realistic these games look, but I certainly get that there's always room for improvement.

Personally, I would much rather they use the resources on making the gameplay as realistic as possible, as well as to add a few more roster editing enhancements. They still need to add challenges at every base, the pickoff throw limit, and the pitch clock. I also would love to see them work on a much more user friendly roster editor on the main menu, as well as the ability to edit managers and coaches. To me, those would make the game experience a whole lot better.

But I still get a lot of enjoyment out of MLB the Show as it is and always get pumped about the new game dropping every spring. Can't wait until March 15th!
We all want the game to improve in all areas. It isn't an either or discussion. This is a graphics thread, however, so the talk has been about graphics specifically because of that and not about pitch clocks, pickoff rules, or anything else.

It's also about the objective fact that The Show series is lacking in graphics, so it's irrelevant that many of us have been playing games since you could count the pixels on the screen. The Show looks good compared to All Star Baseball 2002. That doesn't mean it isn't still lacking by modern standards.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2024, 08:12 PM   #202
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Im just happy its free to game pass owners
Old 02-26-2024, 08:14 PM   #203
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

you know what would make me happy?

Realistic fabric flowing in the wind like in mob 2k7

realistic grass textures like Fifa for example

then id love to see collisions

onto of that please give us better comemmntary

and above all else we need to see better pitching animations like in yakyuu spirits
Old 02-26-2024, 09:08 PM   #204
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
...please give us better comemmntary
They write well enough for Boog's PBP but Singleton's color writer needs to tighten up some of his lines, some of them could use some brevity. Less is more, more is less; it's in that vein.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:59 AM   #205
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Just got back into 23 the other night and the game honestly looks really solid other than the grass. I just don’t understand how the grass still looks and even plays like used turf (ball rolls for miles on simple singles). What baffles me is it would seem like that should have been the first thing improved on the jump to PS5 in 21. FIFA and Madden touted the improvements in the color and realistic grass in their first next gen installments. It just seems like one of those things that would be easier to accomplish but I guess not.

The game is damn near perfect to me gameplay wise so at this point it’s the graphics, franchise updates, and little things that matter to me. This is kind of sad but if they updated the grass I’d buy 24 without question. Without it, I don’t plan to unless there is something ground breaking with franchise. It’s just sad that not having eye popping green grass is a reason to not buy a game when we should have it by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 12:03 PM   #206
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Just got back into 23 the other night and the game honestly looks really solid other than the grass. I just don’t understand how the grass still looks and even plays like used turf (ball rolls for miles on simple singles). What baffles me is it would seem like that should have been the first thing improved on the jump to PS5 in 21. FIFA and Madden touted the improvements in the color and realistic grass in their first next gen installments. It just seems like one of those things that would be easier to accomplish but I guess not.

The game is damn near perfect to me gameplay wise so at this point it’s the graphics, franchise updates, and little things that matter to me. This is kind of sad but if they updated the grass I’d buy 24 without question. Without it, I don’t plan to unless there is something ground breaking with franchise. It’s just sad that not having eye popping green grass is a reason to not buy a game when we should have it by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
As someone who is not an expert at all, just a hobbyist, I have to assume it simply is not a priority to them. I could fire up multiple different engines right now and create a grass field that looks much more like real life than what we see in The Show, and I could have that done in a single day easily. By the end of the week I could have different grass types and lengths that all dynamically impacted how fast/slow the ball rolled and lost speed in said grass.

Updating the grass simply is not a priority to them or it is somehow an engine limit which would only further point to them really needing to move on.

― Plato
Old 02-27-2024, 12:37 PM   #207
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

At this point I'm holding out hope that the second or third iteration of this game on PS6 could look graphically amazing. As of now they have made the "business decision" to only incrementally improve graphics year-to-year.

I'm saying it must be a business decision because I play a lot of other types of AAA Games and this has got to be one of the worst looking popular games out there. That can't be by mistake. Right?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 02-27-2024, 01:24 PM   #208
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
At this point I'm holding out hope that the second or third iteration of this game on PS6 could look graphically amazing. As of now they have made the "business decision" to only incrementally improve graphics year-to-year.

I'm saying it must be a business decision because I play a lot of other types of AAA Games and this has got to be one of the worst looking popular games out there. That can't be by mistake. Right?
Wish they would’ve made this clear when I bought a ps5 4 years ago for this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »