Home

MLB The Show 23 Impressions (Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Impressions (Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2023, 09:00 PM   #73
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 23 Impressions (Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Can believe I’m going to have to go through a season to still hear about gleyber Torres getting traded for Chapman.. can’t believe they left those stories in.. commentary is so repetitive
I get what you are saying that we are going to hear some stories again this year. But it might be good in the long run to keep those with the new stuff to make it more variety. I don’t want the new stuff to be repetitive right away.

Or you can trade Torres to the Royals for Chapman. Lol

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-24-2023, 09:00 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

Haven’t even fired up a game yet, but is anyone else getting a headache from the text size/contrast?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2023, 09:12 PM   #75
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I feel like one of the best parts is the new bat to ball sounds. Surprised it's so polarizing. I think the sound when you hit it on the screws is very realistic and sounds awesome. But some do sound a little strange like some foul balls. But overall, I like it a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I feel like one of the best parts is the new bat to ball sounds. Surprised it's so polarizing. I think the sound when you hit it on the screws is very realistic and sounds awesome. But some do sound a little strange like some foul balls. But overall, I like it a lot.

Agree with you on this. The sound when you hit it on the screws it pops and sounds pretty awesome. I do feel something is little off and may need to be tweaked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2023, 10:36 PM   #77
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyjones
Feels and looks like 22,21,20,ect. This game needs competition, that's the problem.
how in gods green earth is the grass the same after all these years

Game needs a huge facelift

Last edited by Tomba; 03-24-2023 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:16 AM   #78
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Negro League storyline mode is really engaging. Bob Kendrick is such a good story teller and his passion about this part of baseball history is evident. In most of the moments in Diamond Dynasty I find my self swinging at everything and mashing X to get through it as quickly as possible, but not for this mode. I've found myself really wanting to soak up every bit of the episode-specific commentary that Boog and Singy add. It's a really cool way to learn these stories

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 03-25-2023, 04:33 AM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My biggest gripe right now is one that I had with the tech test and that is I don't like the new baserunning windows. I so wish we could have the option to return to the old style.

I'm sure I'll adapt but after numerous games since launch (nearly done with Spring Training) I still find myself looking in the upper left hand corner for the baserunning window for runners on first, and when I see it in the right hand corner I have to do a double take as to whether there's actually a runner on third.

Also when a runner is on second, the window causes a distraction as the runner takes steps towards third durng the windup, because I think the runner is breaking for third and distracts me from the meter.

I know the chances are slim they add the old style back in via patch or update, but man I'd be so happy if they did.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-25-2023, 05:21 AM   #80
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

So they changed quick counts feature a bit. Before you would be charged one less pitch towards your pitch count from where the count generated at. So a 1-1 start would only add one pitch to your pitch count. I always found this fair and kept it balanced. Well now it charges you every single pitch. So a 3-2 start adds 5 pitches to your total.

I was wondering why pitch counts were always in the 90s-100 range after 5ip nearly every game. I honestly am not liking this change as a QC user since they came out with the feature in 2014. I'm feeling forced to turn it off now. Took like 12-15 games before I realized they "fixed" this.

Only caveat is I plan to only play one game per series in my franchise so even playing with QC off I can get through a season.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »