Home

JWDixon's All-Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on JWDixon's All-Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2023, 07:41 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JWDixon's All Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
You should be able to click FILE at the top left and click “make a copy” then you can edit freely!
Wow, thanks! I have always used this site's blog or word to do this kind of stuff but this makes it so much easier. I really appreciate it.
I'm someone who loves to do rebuilds and really enjoy the "what if's" that happen during the long term franchise. Like, who were the other options during the trade deadline I turned down. What could my rotation have been? Things like that. This helps me keep track of things!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2023, 08:17 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I kind of tailored it towards the details that I wanted to track, basically turned it into a "Dynasty Hub", so I've added:

-A top prospects tab which I think I'll either adjust, or re-evaluate a couple of times a year. I'll likely expand it a bit to include the leagues top 30 or 50 at some point, but that's down the road. Given that I'll have prospect stats, my plan is likely to do opening day/trade deadline/offseason lists to track progress. I'm going to leave my own list at 15 players because anything more will likely be too tedious. I don't put a ton of stock into a players overall rating, but I'm going to use it to try to track the growth percentage of my prospects.
-An area for me to journal/ramble off my own thoughts (Sometimes I need to read my own thoughts in order to evaluate whether they're good, or really, really stupid...).
-I separated the transactions tab into two separate tabs...team transactions and notable league transactions.
-The game already has a trade block, but I wanted to expand on it a bit, mainly to document what my potential team needs are, and if I've addressed them or not. Basically a way to keep me on task with team management instead of just upgrading everything at once.
-Going to try to track year over year payroll a bit tighter. Added a few columns here and there to track my budget & profit/loss. Probably not important to many, but I'm hoping to try to mirror MLB payroll growth to some degree...ie, I'm not the Mets so I'm not going to suddenly triple my payroll. I know the budget function sort of works for this, but I'd like to track my yearly (and maybe I need to re-evaluate it after each deadline?) payroll to track growth. I'm trying to search back for the past 2-3 years of it to add as well, but haven't made any progress with that.

I don't know...I've only just started tinkering. I'd imagine I'll come up with some more bone-headed ideas to add while I'm bored at work, but for now, this is a game changer to my franchise mode experience, and I appreciate the heck out of it!

Edit: Mannnn I hate Excel for being a pain in the butt, but also, I love what it can create hahaha.
Same, man. Same. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I always use Word and the sheer amount of stats, storylines, info, etc takes up so many pages. I really like to journal my thoughts so I know why I make or don't make certain moves etc.
Yours looks really good.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:29 AM   #43
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime98
Same, man. Same. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I always use Word and the sheer amount of stats, storylines, info, etc takes up so many pages. I really like to journal my thoughts so I know why I make or don't make certain moves etc.
Yours looks really good.
Much appreciated! It's helping me track everything a whole lot better, and JWDixon120 absolutely knocked this out of the park.

I've used the Dynasty page in the past to try and track things previously, and always end up falling off because I'll end up playing 10-15 games when I'm away from my laptop, then it's an absolute slog to try and get caught up. Plus, at the end of the day it's more for my benefit than anyone elses, so just being able to pick away at it as I grind along seems far easier. Also gives me a bit of a break at work to pick away at it

I'm thinking, since the Journal is pretty wordy, that I'm going to add a "Headlines" tab or something along those lines where I can add something like 15-20 words max to track notable things. The transactions page is great, but this would be more geared around league news, notable injuries, winning/losing streaks, and maybe some trade rumblings if I get deep enough into it. I'll just insert lines from the top to keep the most recent news at the top.

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #44
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

How is the progress of the power rankings? Just checking. Excited to see that.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 01-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #45
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Much appreciated! It's helping me track everything a whole lot better, and JWDixon120 absolutely knocked this out of the park.

I've used the Dynasty page in the past to try and track things previously, and always end up falling off because I'll end up playing 10-15 games when I'm away from my laptop, then it's an absolute slog to try and get caught up. Plus, at the end of the day it's more for my benefit than anyone elses, so just being able to pick away at it as I grind along seems far easier. Also gives me a bit of a break at work to pick away at it

I'm thinking, since the Journal is pretty wordy, that I'm going to add a "Headlines" tab or something along those lines where I can add something like 15-20 words max to track notable things. The transactions page is great, but this would be more geared around league news, notable injuries, winning/losing streaks, and maybe some trade rumblings if I get deep enough into it. I'll just insert lines from the top to keep the most recent news at the top.

My guy is a little busy but he said it should be mid week.

I’ll make sure to post an update as soon as I can!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2023, 09:48 PM   #46
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

A little update here with some ideas I want to add on and will be implementing soon.

-Power Rankings with numbers showing weekly movement

-Player Regression Adjustor
•in default MLBTS any player over the age of 31-32 seems to fall off a cliff regression wise. This tool will aim to help that depending on player performance.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:57 AM   #47
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
A little update here with some ideas I want to add on and will be implementing soon.

-Power Rankings with numbers showing weekly movement

-Player Regression Adjustor
•in default MLBTS any player over the age of 31-32 seems to fall off a cliff regression wise. This tool will aim to help that depending on player performance.
Ouuu, I like this! The constant plummet of Mike Trout over the years has been maddening.

I haven't made it far enough in '22 to see anything wild, but I thought they were supposed to have made it so progression/regression was tied *more* into stats?

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Old 01-12-2023, 10:07 AM   #48
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Ouuu, I like this! The constant plummet of Mike Trout over the years has been maddening.

I haven't made it far enough in '22 to see anything wild, but I thought they were supposed to have made it so progression/regression was tied *more* into stats?

It’s been buffed to an extent. But I also have seen Julio Rodriguez go from hitting .312 with 42 Homers to being out of the league by the end of next year.

It still seems way too random. Max Scherzer in my test sims would start the first 2 months of the year with 5-2 with a 2.2 ERA and 11 K/9 and his overall would go from 92 to and 85 with -6 in every category.

I began working on it last night. It’s going to be performance based on last 2 years of production.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »