Home

JWDixon's All-Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on JWDixon's All-Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2023, 03:18 PM   #57
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JWDixon's All Inclusive Franchise Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
You can do some of the storylines on single team control but you would have to have everything happen to your own team.
I think anything trade wise would probably end up being not-so-great...The trade engine in this game is so bad, that you'd likely either end up ripping off the CPU, or, alternatively, yourself.

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Old 02-07-2023, 07:55 PM   #58
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I think anything trade wise would probably end up being not-so-great...The trade engine in this game is so bad, that you'd likely either end up ripping off the CPU, or, alternatively, yourself.
Yeah, the only thing you could do is the injuries and player rating changes.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 02-08-2023, 02:40 PM   #59
Rookie

TexasDBack's Arena

Yes, 30 team control is the way to go.

If you're open to it, just another suggested area, but I might be unique in these items that I manage:

- Full Roster View
- Position Outlook

So, as an example, my standard spreadsheet (which is very manual and no way near as awesome as yours), includes my entire roster.

For POS players I track:
POS, Name, Age, OVR, POT, League, Salary, Years Left on Contract (or team control), On 25 Man?, On 40 Man?, Options Used, Eligible for Rule 5? and Other Positions Playable

For Pitchers it is the same except no other positions played and typically add a couple key stats I like to know.

I only update this page when I make a transaction or once a year when everything ages up. This makes it very easy to look at my roster and have ideas about who I have coming up in the future, how much time I have vs filling a need now etc. Or do I have a gap of a couple years I need to go solve for while my new hot thing develops in AA for a bit.

The other view that I have is that I have a 5 year outlook for each position. this helps me know if I have guys coming up or blocked that I can trade out easier than looking around in game.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:07 PM   #60
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDBack
Yes, 30 team control is the way to go.

If you're open to it, just another suggested area, but I might be unique in these items that I manage:

- Full Roster View
- Position Outlook

So, as an example, my standard spreadsheet (which is very manual and no way near as awesome as yours), includes my entire roster.

For POS players I track:
POS, Name, Age, OVR, POT, League, Salary, Years Left on Contract (or team control), On 25 Man?, On 40 Man?, Options Used, Eligible for Rule 5? and Other Positions Playable

For Pitchers it is the same except no other positions played and typically add a couple key stats I like to know.

I only update this page when I make a transaction or once a year when everything ages up. This makes it very easy to look at my roster and have ideas about who I have coming up in the future, how much time I have vs filling a need now etc. Or do I have a gap of a couple years I need to go solve for while my new hot thing develops in AA for a bit.

The other view that I have is that I have a 5 year outlook for each position. this helps me know if I have guys coming up or blocked that I can trade out easier than looking around in game.
I like this. I've got my roster set up as the 26 man + other relevant contracts (Ie. I've got Ryu on my roster, but he's not at the MLB level until he *hopefully* stays healthy in the minors until July). So, with my calculation of the MLB payroll, his is included.

I definitely think I'll add to it now that you've brought it up though.

2023 Blue Jays Franchise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=791592061 (Paused)
Old 03-08-2023, 10:22 AM   #61
Rookie

TexasDBack's Arena

Ok - I've been testing this spreadsheet/game approach mixed with a few of my own items mentioned previously mixed with Armor & Sword's clean screen slider approach.

I can firmly say that those items all combined have absolutely made me fall back in love with franchise mode. Team management matters. Every game matters. Player's attributes matter.

The only drawback now is that I'm just testing it until 23 comes out and we get spring training rosters. Once that happens, I'll be spending time in franchise mode a lot this year vs DD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2023, 10:23 AM   #62
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Ok - I've been testing this spreadsheet/game approach mixed with a few of my own items mentioned previously mixed with Armor & Sword's clean screen slider approach.

I can firmly say that those items all combined have absolutely made me fall back in love with franchise mode. Team management matters. Every game matters. Player's attributes matter.

The only drawback now is that I'm just testing it until 23 comes out and we get spring training rosters. Once that happens, I'll be spending time in franchise mode a lot this year vs DD.

That’s great news. Hope you really enjoy this year.

I’ve been anxiously waiting since December to get started this year.

This spreadsheet + the franchise roster I’m working on will make this year fantastic.
Old 03-08-2023, 03:46 PM   #63
Rookie

TexasDBack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
That’s great news. Hope you really enjoy this year.

I’ve been anxiously waiting since December to get started this year.

This spreadsheet + the franchise roster I’m working on will make this year fantastic.
Quick question for you - on the events to identify the organization it says to use the overall ranking. For example 8th organization.

To do that with 30 man control, I've just been rotating through the home screen switching team control until it shows the one ranked 8th. Is there an easy screen from within franchise mode to see that info all one screen ranked 1-30?
Old 03-08-2023, 03:50 PM   #64
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Quick question for you - on the events to identify the organization it says to use the overall ranking. For example 8th organization.

To do that with 30 man control, I've just been rotating through the home screen switching team control until it shows the one ranked 8th. Is there an easy screen from within franchise mode to see that info all one screen ranked 1-30?

That’s a typo. Sorry about that.

It shouldn’t be sorted by overall, but alphabetically.

So if it’s the 30th team, it would be the Washington Nationals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »