Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2024, 10:20 AM   #441
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by prxblmz
That doesn't really answer my question, but how do you do that? I thought the only place to assign profiles is in the beginning stage when you select all the teams.
I do 30 team control so I can have some control if the CPU does any dumb stuff. I also like to set the lineups for the team I'm playing against to be more realistic.

I'm at at my console so I can't tell you exactly what the menus say but if you go to the Options when you're in Franchise Mode you should see your profile name at the top (It will let you cycle through to different ones). Got to Mode Specific and change everything to "Auto" and then save it as a new profile (I call mine CPU). Then click on the 3 dots and click the option to assign user profiles. Then go to every team that isn't the Red Sox and assign them the "CPU" profile. Then they will automate all of their task but you can still go to a team and change something if you want.

Sorry I can't be more specific but there's a lot of YouTube Videos about Setting up a 30 team franchise if you get stuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 10:24 AM   #442
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prxblmz
I just don't know if I should do 30 team control or not... I don't really care if the lineups are 100% accurate on the day to day..

What are the main reasons for either using 30 team control, or not using 30 team control?

I've already started my Red Sox franchise with 30 team control, but I cant help but feel as if I made a mistake doing it with all the upkeep thats needed?

I can't decide which route to choose & if I should restart & just control the Sox..

Additionally:
As for the sliders, 30 team control or not, shouldnt I use gameplay sliders, play my game, switch to sim sliders, advance the day, switch back? how exactly does that work & how will it effect using 30 man or not using 30 man?
I've been using 30 team control for years. Main reason is you can intervene and fix poor decisions by the AI at any time. You can also just let it be.

I set the CPU teams to auto everything, but for example, I set trades to manual, at least for the first couple months of the season so rosters are relatively unchanged.

As for your slider question, yes. Before I play my games, I like to sim the others so I see the scores during the game, so I load sim set and then sim the games. Then, I load Gameplay set before my own game.

Old 04-25-2024, 10:41 AM   #443
Rookie

Nygs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I've been using 30 team control for years. Main reason is you can intervene and fix poor decisions by the AI at any time. You can also just let it be.

I set the CPU teams to auto everything, but for example, I set trades to manual, at least for the first couple months of the season so rosters are relatively unchanged.

As for your slider question, yes. Before I play my games, I like to sim the others so I see the scores during the game, so I load sim set and then sim the games. Then, I load Gameplay set before my own game.
Any idea on why random players are starting with the waiver designation? I skipped Spring Training, and started in the regular season, and noticed Justin Wilson on the Reds, and others on other teams, had the big blue "W" by their names.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:46 AM   #444
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygs
Any idea on why random players are starting with the waiver designation? I skipped Spring Training, and started in the regular season, and noticed Justin Wilson on the Reds, and others on other teams, had the big blue "W" by their names.
It's not really "random," it's just a part of the CPU optimizing its roster.

If you want Wilson to not get sent down, just boost him in the roster by like 3 OVR points before you start.

Or you can send him down to AAA before you start the franchise too.

Old 04-25-2024, 10:50 AM   #445
Rookie

Nygs's Arena

Quote:
It's not really "random," it's just a part of the CPU optimizing its roster.

If you want Wilson to not get sent down, just boost him in the roster by like 3 OVR points before you start.

Or you can send him down to AAA before you start the franchise too.
Gotcha. Didn't know if they would be claimed by other teams in the 2 day period. I'll give that a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #446
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygs
Gotcha. Didn't know if they would be claimed by other teams in the 2 day period. I'll give that a shot.
Ya, usually that early in the season, they pass through.

I'm into May and Wilson passed through fine

Old 04-25-2024, 10:57 AM   #447
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

listen here blair not today lol lol no but u using these for your franchise? im torn between these or waiting for tomorrow ratings update or just continuing what i have. i been following cyonic and team for years now. i go with your opinion since i know you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just use as is and let the franchise breathe my guy. If you want to make a move for a guy on the team you starting with do that and then let it live.

Then restart two weeks later…. lol. Kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 04-25-2024, 10:58 AM   #448
Rookie

Nygs's Arena

Quote:
Ya, usually that early in the season, they pass through.

I'm into May and Wilson passed through fine
Excellent. Thanks! Lastly, does training actually work in this years edition? And how does it affect your rosters, if at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »