Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2024, 01:04 AM   #433
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

Just curious is anyone going to do updates transactions for these rosters. Ans id I do it myself any tips on how to get it done especially for trades when it just cash involved

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 04-25-2024, 07:53 AM   #434
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Just curious is anyone going to do updates transactions for these rosters. Ans id I do it myself any tips on how to get it done especially for trades when it just cash involved
Just use as is and let the franchise breathe my guy. If you want to make a move for a guy on the team you starting with do that and then let it live.

Then restart two weeks later…. lol. Kidding.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-25-2024, 08:00 AM   #435
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
Umm, can't you load the simulation slider set, go to the calendar and sim all the games of the day but yours, then load up the gameplay sliders and play your game? Doing so should have the stats at the bottom of the ticker update "in real time" as you play. That should be possible with or without 30 team control...
Hmmmm. Unless I’m missing something I don’t think you can without 30 team control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
If you don't use 30 team control, you'll load the Gameplay set, play your game. After your game, load simulation set then advance day.

You can play with whatever settings you want though. I think the other games get simulated when you advance day on the calendar.
Thanks for the response. I figured whatever settings would be fine, just wanted to make sure though.

As for simming after a played game without 30 team control, if you scroll to the other teams before advancing you can see that their game has already been played. If this was the case in years past I never noticed. So only way for CPU correct bullpen usage etc. would be to do 30 team control and sim all those games first. Then play the user game.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 09:35 AM   #436
Rookie

numbers_guy_313's Arena

OVR: 0

Started my chise with the Detroit Tigers and am in the playoffs at the end of season 2 with a handful of games played, most simmed. Results are good! Stats seem very close to life with only a couple of studs underperforming (mah boi Devers), but that happens irl.

By far the biggest news would be the monster trade between the Guardians and the White Sox halfway through year 2:

Guardians receive - Louis Robert Jr.

White Sox receive - Jose Ramirez, Kyle Manzardo, and Johnathan Rodriguez

So we are looking at a kinda wild AL Central

Thanks for the rosters! Also love the streamlined equipment edits that seem to be across the board. Takes the game experience up a tick
Old 04-25-2024, 09:40 AM   #437
Rookie

I just don't know if I should do 30 team control or not... I don't really care if the lineups are 100% accurate on the day to day..

What are the main reasons for either using 30 team control, or not using 30 team control?

I've already started my Red Sox franchise with 30 team control, but I cant help but feel as if I made a mistake doing it with all the upkeep thats needed?

I can't decide which route to choose & if I should restart & just control the Sox..

Additionally:
As for the sliders, 30 team control or not, shouldnt I use gameplay sliders, play my game, switch to sim sliders, advance the day, switch back? how exactly does that work & how will it effect using 30 man or not using 30 man?
Old 04-25-2024, 09:43 AM   #438
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prxblmz
I just don't know if I should do 30 team control or not... I don't really care if the lineups are 100% accurate on the day to day..

What are the main reasons for either using 30 team control, or not using 30 team control?

I've already started my Red Sox franchise with 30 team control, but I cant help but feel as if I made a mistake doing it with all the upkeep thats needed?

I can't decide which route to choose & if I should restart & just control the Sox..

Additionally:
As for the sliders, 30 team control or not, shouldnt I use gameplay sliders, play my game, switch to sim sliders, advance the day, switch back? how exactly does that work & how will it effect using 30 man or not using 30 man?
If you want to keep your current Franchise just make a 2nd profile with all Mode Specific Tasks set to "Auto" and assign it to the teams that aren't the Red Sox.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:09 AM   #439
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
If you want to keep your current Franchise just make a 2nd profile with all Mode Specific Tasks set to "Auto" and assign it to the teams that aren't the Red Sox.

That doesn't really answer my question, but how do you do that? I thought the only place to assign profiles is in the beginning stage when you select all the teams.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:15 AM   #440
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Hmmmm. Unless I’m missing something I don’t think you can without 30 team control.

Thanks for the response. I figured whatever settings would be fine, just wanted to make sure though.

As for simming after a played game without 30 team control, if you scroll to the other teams before advancing you can see that their game has already been played. If this was the case in years past I never noticed. So only way for CPU correct bullpen usage etc. would be to do 30 team control and sim all those games first. Then play the user game.
I just tested this:

If you're gonna do single player control, you can simulate all other games. Before you play your game, load simulation sliders, choose view today's games, and then simulate the others.

Like the other poster said, you'll see games in progresss while you play your game too, which is nice for immersion.

Also, for bullpen usage, you don't really need to do much. By default, every team (except the Dodgers) doesn't have a SP in the LRP spot, so reliever IP should be pretty good.

You'll see more CGs yes, but this is the tradeoff for a balanced overall stat output for hitters and pitchers. You'll get better strikeout totals from SPs too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »