Home

How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2023, 01:46 PM   #57
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

I picked the Colts and currently in Season 3, starting off 4-0, but what about everything that lead up to this point? It's been a wild and frustrating ride. Keep in mind I super sim defense, I only play offense. Year 1 was on All-Madden, Years 2 and 3 are on All-Pro (with sliders heavily favored to the CPU)

Year 1 - 13-4

This surprised me. Jonathan Taylor and Anthony Richardson popped off, with Richardson winning MVP even though he couldn't hit the side of a barn on half his throws. He had like a 56% completion percentage for the season and only ~3300 yards, but he ran for ~1500 yards and 11 TDs. Jonathan Taylor broke the 2000 yard milestone. We also traded 1-4 2024 picks and a 2nd round 2025 pick to pick up Kyle Pitts. I love throwing to the TE and this gave Richardson another weapon to throw to, Pittman was the only consistent target.

We went into playoffs as the 2nd seed (Jets went 14-3) and had to face the Bills first round. We lost, not even close. Josh Allen threw 5 TDs and I couldn't keep up with the scoring.

Year 2 - 6-11

This was such a disappointing season. Coming off a surprise playoff appearance and Richardson shooting up in overall, I thought things could only go up, but that just wasn't the case. The defense played like wet paper. Started off the season 2-1 but then I lost 7 games in a row, with 6 of them being one possession games. It seemed like every game we would start out hot, take a quick 14-0 lead, and then in the second half the defense could just never get a stop.

The game that broke my heart the most was against the Chiefs. Took a huge 24-0 lead to start the game, and then in the second half Mahomes just scored touchdown after touchdown. We're down by 3 and Richardson leads the team down the field to score with only 11 seconds left. This was a must win game as we had to win pretty much all but one of the remaining 8 games to make playoffs. 11 seconds left and Mahomes wins it with a 75 yard touchdown to I don't even know who I wasn't sticking around to find out. I simmed the rest of the season because our playoff hopes were over, the team went 4-3 from then on.

Year 3 - 4-0

Last season is behind us and we're on a roll. Taylor is ripping up the league and Richardson has another year of development under his belt. The defense is actually playing incredibly well. The team really hasn't changed much after 2 years (I lost a lot of draft picks in the trade) other than picking up Joel Bitonio to make the line a bit better. I have so much cap space too I should have just spent it on short term deals but maybe I can make a trade happen at the deadline.

Current roster
Offense: https://prnt.sc/r2j7Li_VrOCm
Defense: https://prnt.sc/z0c7_KPasiRD

Last edited by Calipup; 08-21-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:35 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 2

A wild divisional round playoff games has the bears going to the nfc championship game vs the Vikings.

Bears jumped out to a 7-0 lead after a 39 yard TD pass from Justin Fields to DJ Moore.

Next Dallas possession Dak would throw a pick 6 to Jaylon Johnson. 14-0 bears.

Dak 54 TD pass to Cook. 14-7.

Fields would throw a pick 6. 14-14

Dallas would kick a field goal 17-14.

Fields would find Moore for a 50 yard TD. 21-17.

Dak to Lamb 24-21.

Bears FG 24-24.

Dak to Lamb again 31-24.

Dallas has a chance to make it 34-24 in the 4th but a blocked FG returned for a TD would tie the game at 31 all.

Fields would March down the field and bears win on a last second FG.

It will be Bears vs Vikings. Jacksonville vs Buffalo in the conference championship games
Old 08-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #59
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Hey guys, can you remove guys from the IR later in the season?
Old 08-23-2023, 12:54 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Hey guys, can you remove guys from the IR later in the season?
I believe so once the player is cleared you gotta wait a few weeks before taking him off IR

Sent from my SM-F721U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2023, 06:43 PM   #61
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Another question: So what's the latest on editing a player's number? Is it possible without causing issues with player experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 07:00 PM   #62
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

What kind of settings are mist guys playing on this year? Difficulty and quarter length primarily. Progressive fatigue?

I'm 1-3 so far, rough start with Atlanta.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:52 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 2

Year 1 was on all pro went 13-4 and won the Super Bowl vs the Bills. Allen threw 5 picks. Didn’t really have a great draft despite having 2 first rounders. Only one hidden dev trait and that was in the 6th round a CB. Got some decent overalls though maybe I can develop them.

Didn’t make any splash moves in free agency just mainly depth pieces.

In year 2 first game was on all pro I won 34-14 over the lions. Fields won player of the week.

The game was too easy on all pro so I decided to go ahead and give all madden a shot and it felt pretty good not gonna lie. I beat the packers 34-31. Fields and Love had pretty much identical numbers about 260 each Love had 3 TDs and 1 INT. Fields had 2 TD 1 INT and ran one in as well.

Love didn’t do much for most of the game though. I had a 34-17 lead at one point but in garbage time he made some big plays against me.

But yea All Madden default for one game felt as balanced as it’s ever been. It’s not enough for me to judge yet but I’ll be sticking with it for awhile and if sliders need to adjust I’ll do them.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:20 AM   #64
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Another question: So what's the latest on editing a player's number? Is it possible without causing issues with player experience?

I've edited a ton of numbers without issue. Is there a bug for some people with this?

One thing from the beta i requested was that they set proper parameters for jersey numbers when the CPU is assigning them. They didn't change that. So there are punters and kickers in the 20's and 40's which looks rough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »