Home

How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-29-2024, 01:39 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

As the Cardinals now in 2027 we traded 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks to move from 20th pick to #2 for the second ranked player, a DE who ends up being a star 76 overall power rusher (who contributes nothing to games).

My starting QB who I drafted in year 2 is up on his contract after this year, as is my superstar nickel and starting RT Johnson. Playing on owner mode so I only have 20m left (its mid season so I could make some more by end of year).

Essentially looking at drafting or trading for a backup QB to be my starter and filling gaps with 1 FA signing and my low draft picks.

Hard trade and FA difficulty btw. Its been a challenge especially with that bogus bust of a trade. But fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2024, 08:55 AM   #386
Rookie

dking30's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by easts1d3raider
As the Cardinals now in 2027 we traded 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks to move from 20th pick to #2 for the second ranked player, a DE who ends up being a star 76 overall power rusher (who contributes nothing to games).

My starting QB who I drafted in year 2 is up on his contract after this year, as is my superstar nickel and starting RT Johnson. Playing on owner mode so I only have 20m left (its mid season so I could make some more by end of year).

Essentially looking at drafting or trading for a backup QB to be my starter and filling gaps with 1 FA signing and my low draft picks.

Hard trade and FA difficulty btw. Its been a challenge especially with that bogus bust of a trade. But fun!
That’s insane.
Old 03-02-2024, 02:37 PM   #387
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking30
That’s insane.
Yea but alls well that ends well!

We end up winning the superbowl. MVP was Mccaffery who I had signed two seasons ago in FA to a big deal. He retires after the SB win.

MY QB is gone, RB obviously gone, Debo Samuel who I signed to a big deal a couple seasons ago is now a 77 with 18mil against the cap so he was cut. Surprisingly my 82 ovr nickel CB who had 0 interest re-signed with us. I usually don't like re-signing red interest but I wanted to see what the franchise tag was so I low balled him with a team offer and he actually accepted. I ended up editing his contract to being around 40M instead of the original 20M because he had become an X-factor and won DB of the year, for fairness.

I have about 130M in cap space but only 44M in owner money so I can't really do much in FA this year. I gave myself an extra 10mil in owner money also just cuz I felt with winning the Superbowl the owner would make some kinda money off sponsorships or whatever.

I ended up trading my backup receiver for the raiders backup QB (74 ovr), it was one of the offers so I felt it was fair, and the raiders had also signed Anthony Richardson the year prior in FA so they didn't need him.

I traded some low picks, a 74 star OLB and my starting DT 85 on the last year of his contract, who I drafted at #3 a few years back, to the pats for a 2nd and some low picks in following years just so I could have a 2nd pick this year.

I reshuffled my O-line around so I didn't resign RT Paris Johnson who wanted to stay but wanted around 40M, again I have the cap but not the owner money sadly. I'm going to try and spend at the most 10M in owner money in FA so I can try and accumulate some wealth to re-sign some guys this coming season.

Old 03-04-2024, 02:05 PM   #388
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll keep this short(ish).

I finished season one as the Eagles by losing to the 49ers in the NFC championship game 38-35. I started the game up 14-0 then had 3 consecutive turnover that put them right abck in the game. In the 4th it was 31-28 I had the ball. Went for it on 4th and didn't get it. They went and scored a TD. I scored again with about 2:20 left but I couldn't get a stop.

I was 12-5 and the 3 seed. Beat the Vikings and Packers pretty easily in Wildcard and Conference playoff respectively.

I picked up Bobby Wagner on a 1 year deal in Free Agency and a couple other lower level players. Kelce and Graham retired so I needed a C and I still need Linebackers. The Draft was terrible for my needs. I ended up trading out of the first round then picked up a ROLB in the second and a C Hidden Dev in the draft nothing else of note really.. With Wagner I have moved Nakobe Dean to RLB but after our start I have decided to just start the Rookie next game. I am also starting the Rookie C. I tried moving Cam Jurgens to C but his ratings are worse than the Rookie and Jurgens ratings are better than what I have at RG so I moved him back. I also moved Milton Williams to DE as Cox did not retire.

I started the season against the 49ers on MNF and lost again 27-24 on a last second field goal. Then got demolished by the Giants 28-10. Finally got a win over Dallas in week 3 31-10 but right now Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis are hurt and Lane Johnson is hurt. Injuries are killing me. Hurts has started off much better as far as Int's go. I've done a better job at just taking the sacks instead of forcing throws and through 3 games only have thrown 1 int.

Lastly I also decided to use Home Field Advantage and Progressive fatigue this season just to spice it up a bit and see how it goes.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:16 AM   #389
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Started a Classic USFL franchise on my YouTube channel, where I am taking over the New Orleans Breakers! Check it out!

https://youtu.be/stK1l_tA6os?si=iWWIxzzCGrpBmn4s
Old 03-13-2024, 08:47 AM   #390
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Spoiler
At the halfway mark and currently sitting at 4-5, good enough for 3rd in the division. Here's a brief recap of everything that's gone on:

-Daniel Jones lasted just 3 games as the starter before passing the reigns to Jayden Daniels. Daniels has played well so far, having 1500 yards and 9 tds through 6 games. He's been a bit turnover heavy throw, coming off a bad game where he threw 3 interceptions on the road vs the Eagles. (I pressed the wrong button for the first interception and the game completely unraveled after that, giving up 21 unanswered points lol).

Before the trade deadline I made a move trading picks for 49ers LE Drake Jackson. I actually almost traded for Brian Burns like the real life Giants but didn't want to give up that much trade capital (MyFranchise app has him worth at least a 1st still). He had a solid first game vs the Falcons racking up 3 tackles, 2 TFL and half a sack but has been kept off the box score the past two weeks. That being said, he's only 23, under contract for a few years, and is contributing even if the stats aren't there, so I am optimistic that the numbers will come.

The defense has been incredible, good enough for 6th in the NFL. That being said, we've also played the following QBs: Kenny Pickett, Tommy Devito, JJ McCarthy, and Deshaun Watson. When we've played Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts, we got beat up pretty bad. We're close but not there yet.

The offense is another issue. Andrew Thomas is out for 5 weeks with a moderate concussion and I've had 4 centers this season. Hell, I've had 5 tackles start a game too! The offense is currently ranked dead last. I do think we're probably closer to 20-25: the first 3 games with Daniel Jones were just brutal. It's becoming glaringly obvious that we still need a true #1 Wide Receiver. There seems to be a few good guys who may hit the market this year in Aiyuk, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Chris Godwin and Diontae Johnson. We'll have money to spend so hopefully I can land one of the bigger guys so Daniels has someone to throw the ball to. If not, we'll have to hope that Adonai Mitchell develops into that guy. At 6'4, 196lbs there's definitely potential. Speaking of development...

Here's my rookie report:

1.6. QB Jayden Daniels: 138-211 (65.5%), 1503 Yds, 9TDs, 6INT. The future looks bright. With a true #1 receiver, hopefully Daniels' won't have to force the ball as much, which is the main reason for his interceptions (about half of these are boneheaded throws from the user)

2.6. WR Adonai Mitchell: 10REC, 161 Yds, 1 TD. Adonai is coming along and should expect to see some more field time in the second half of the season, especially if a playoff spot is out of reach. (Cowboys are 7-1 so we are essentially playing for a WC spot). He also had a very nice diving catch for a TD that would have been a huge 60 yd score last game, but it was called back on an Evan Neal holding. Hopefully Mitchell continues to develop and reaches that high 2 low 1 WR role that we think he can turn into.

2.16 DT Brandon Dorlus: 8 Tackles, 5 TFL, 1.5 sacks. Dorlus has become the complimentary piece that Dexter Lawrence has been looking up the middle. He's a bit undersized at 6'2, 290, but he's already making some plays in the back field even if it's not reflected on the stats sheet. Dexter Lawrence has 6 sacks already, so if Dorlus can continue to enable Sexy Dexy, we'll be in real good shape on the dline for the next couple years.

3.6 RE Darius Robinson: 8 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack. Robinson seems more time out of the 3-4 than he does in obvious passing downs but is still contributing when he sees time. His playing time definitely took a hit after we traded for Jackson, but he's taking advantage when he's on the field.

4.6 CB Kamari Lassiter: 4 Tackles. Lassiter is unfortunately buried in the depth chart with 4 corners ahead of him. At only 21 years old, it would be a pleasant surprise if he takes a big step forward, but he is essentially another body at this point. If the wheels fall off, he'll definitely start to see some more playing time.

5.6. LG Brandon Coleman: Coleman broke training camp as the starter at left guard and hasn't looked back. Hopefully he continues to develop; he's been a bit exposed as Thomas has been out but nothing alarming as of yet - just some rookie growing pains. At worst, I can see him being a reliable backup, which is great news for a 5th round draft pick.

6.6. TE McCallan Castles: 4 REC, 30 Yds, 1 TD. Being utilized as the third tight end and sometimes a fullback, Castles is a depth piece that is being used in some unique formations.

We're in the midst of a divisional road trip (@ Eagles, @ Cowboys, @ Commanders) and could easily come home to 4-7. If that's the case, we'll definitely play some of the younger guys. I like where we are right now though, and the future seems bright for the Giants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »