Home

How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2023, 09:45 AM   #73
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How’s your franchise going? Madden 24 edition

Went 14-3 with the Cowboys. Played half the season on All Pro then switched to All Madden. Playing the Vikings in the Divisional Round. I was 10-0 then lost 3 of 4 to the Commanders, Bills and Seahawks.

Dak- 5,000 yds 51 TD's 14 INT
Pollard- 1800 yds 27 TD
Lamb, Cooks Gallup and Ferguson all had 800 or more yds.

Parsons, Gilmore and Diggs led the defense Gilmore and Diggs each having 10 picks each.

Thinking I finally found a good difficulty 5-3 in my last 8 because as you can see my offense was too good, but defensively I ranked towards the bottom in most stats.

Last edited by DallasRocks; 08-28-2023 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:49 PM   #74
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Old 08-28-2023, 03:46 PM   #75
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell89
New to the forum, but have read through these for years. Definitely want to get in on it this year, but these server disconnects have been a hurdle.

Does anyone know if the offline franchise is still running into that really bad bug from the years previous after like year 6 where it crashes out? I’d love to start mine through that to avoid these server concerns, but I am worried about losing it as I am a long hauler, 20+ years usually.
I believe this was not an issue in the beta. I don't think it's been a problem in the main game either from what I've seen on the forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2023, 07:05 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I believe this was not an issue in the beta. I don't think it's been a problem in the main game either from what I've seen on the forums.

Yeah, they fixed it last year. I got to Year 13 before I stopped because all current NFL QBs had retired.
Old 08-28-2023, 09:28 PM   #77
Rookie

How’s the gameplay this season? I’ve been considering buying my first madden in years but a little put off by the talk on Twitter and Reddit. I definitely trust the peoples opinions on here more so thought I’d ask here? I play strictly franchise looking for realism.

Also I read something about custom draft classes being messed up. Is that all ok now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2023, 12:10 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Red_Devil
How’s the gameplay this season? I’ve been considering buying my first madden in years but a little put off by the talk on Twitter and Reddit. I definitely trust the peoples opinions on here more so thought I’d ask here? I play strictly franchise looking for realism.

Also I read something about custom draft classes being messed up. Is that all ok now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On-field gameplay is excellent.

Currently draft classes are bugged. Generated ones have weird player models that don't match, and downloaded ones revert to default for some reason.

Other than a couple other minor bugs (HFA can't be turned off, In-Season News gets weird after season 1), the game is fun.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:13 PM   #79
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

I had been poking around a bit in the Franchise mode over the last week + with my Yearly Steelers franchise and a Commanders one. I ended up deleting the Commanders one because I had traded for Trey Lance, and with him moving to a division rival, the realism was lost. Plus, with the glitches ongoing with draft classes, I figured there's no sense in getting too invested before an update is pushed on my Steelers.

So with that, I decided to take advantage of the new Relocation Mechanic and do what I have dubbed "Relocation Roulette". In a nutshell, you take a team that you plan to relocate, do a fully simmed fantasy draft, and stick with the team the CPU Drafts for you. It's created some awesome storylines (Derek Carr is on the Texans trying to redeem his brother's legacy for one).

I was happily surprised to be gifted with some fantastic offensive weapons in Justin Fields, Jamarr Chase, and Mark Andrews with some great hidden dev WRs and fantastic edge protection from both the left and right side. We're not going to touch on the defense quite yet, although there are a couple hidden dev rookies in the secondary and speedy LBs.

I took the Jacksonville Jaguars, moved them to St. Louis, and renamed them as the Sentinels. I played through some of the preseason, mainly focusing on the offense just to get a feel for playing with Fields within Dougy P's offense, which I have to say has actually been fun to run thus far. Definitely going to be leaning heavily on Mark Andrews as he has a lot of routes that are complimentary to his skills.

Loaded into Week 1 against Indianapolis for our first taste of real action against a Division Rival. The Colts were led on offense by Dak which had me pretty worried considering in the preseason good QB's have absolutely torched my secondary (Burrow was 19/20 for 5 TDs in a half against me). In the first series, the Colts lost Kenneth Walker III to a Dislocated Shoulder on a blocking assignment, which allowed us to really hone in on our Short Passing Gameplan. Dak was lost, eventually throwing for four interceptions (three of which were literally directly right to the CPU defender). Usually I'd say "time to bump up the difficulty to All-Madden", but out of the tens of test games I've played, I've never had this much luck on defense, so I'm chalking it up to a one-off.

On offense, Justin Fields was perfect through his first 8 passes, before finishing up 3-11 with a pick. I made some poor choices, and also had some drops factor into that, but he still eclipsed the 200 yard mark through the air with a TD pass to Mark Andrews + a ground TD. Isiah Pacheco added another two on the ground, and a pair of Daniel Carlson FG's led us to a 34-3 Statement win to move to 1-0.

Next is the home opener vs the Chiefs. The Chiefs are led by Zeke + Kyler on offense, but their defense is very stout on the edges with Micah Parsons and a great secondary. We're going to try and pound the rock play a controlled, conservative brand of ball to keep the ball in possession because that's our best form of defense right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3781.jpg (242.4 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by FSanchez12; 08-30-2023 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added Spiderman Pointing MEme
Old 08-29-2023, 12:32 PM   #80
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

What do you mean on season news get weird? Sorry I am not sure if this has been said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
On-field gameplay is excellent.

Currently draft classes are bugged. Generated ones have weird player models that don't match, and downloaded ones revert to default for some reason.

Other than a couple other minor bugs (HFA can't be turned off, In-Season News gets weird after season 1), the game is fun.
Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »