Home

Old 02-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #17
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Forme

Just observed my 7th, Week 3 of preseason (multiple year or restart of franchises) and every preseason third game ends in a tie. Always. LOL, I find that funny. Different sliders, different settings, different teams against but always ends in a tie.
Id be interested if any other cpu vs cpu guys see this.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 02-18-2024, 09:35 AM   #18
MVP

forme95's Arena

My post game stats will be on my twitch page. I wont stream the whole game unless interest is there for it. Thought Id share though what Im seeing.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 02-18-2024, 10:12 AM   #19
MVP

forme95's Arena

Going back to WR Catching 50. Bumping it to 52 creates to much offense.

Old 02-19-2024, 12:54 PM   #20
MVP

forme95's Arena

Point blank! EA needs to take all this arcade garbage out of CFM. I love all these ideas about scenarios, momentum meter, SS abilities, breakouts, game planning and so on. The problem is, the way they've implemented them is horrible! Its all way overpowered and just makes it a arcade game instead of sim. A lot you can turn off and it helps. It helps a lot, but the game planning also is a big contributing factor. No matter what you pick it severely alters the game and not in a fun way.

EA's biggest problem is they take these great ideas to make franchises (and other game styles) more in depth and over do them so extremely it actually ruins it.

Its to the point, I am ready to skip game planning altogether. I already skip all senerios, pro fatigue is off, manage practice reps is now auto because it doesnt work correctly even with fatigue off. You still lose players because (like everything else) fatigue is over done in playoffs. I also question if ratings even matter outside of sim games.

Old 02-24-2024, 06:36 PM   #21
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Going back to WR Catching 50. Bumping it to 52 creates to much offense.
I agree, at 51 it may not be enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 08:03 AM   #22
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I agree, at 51 it may not be enough
I would love to see some defense in games instead of north of 350 - 400 yards every game. Would it kill Madden to have 275 - 325 yard games...........LOL

Old 02-25-2024, 08:18 AM   #23
Rookie

As you undoubtedly know, the fault lies more in the player ratings and playbooks than sliders. Sliders can help to a certain degree, but it is the game's AI logic in play calling and play design that really holds this game back. Player ratings are to support high powered offenses rather than realistic player movement and execution.

Chasing sliders is a losing proposition...especially as things change after each patch that gets released.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:29 AM   #24
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
As you undoubtedly know, the fault lies more in the player ratings and playbooks than sliders. Sliders can help to a certain degree, but it is the game's AI logic in play calling and play design that really holds this game back. Player ratings are to support high powered offenses rather than realistic player movement and execution.

Chasing sliders is a losing proposition...especially as things change after each patch that gets released.
Chasing that balance sometimes (slideritis) really runs you into a rabbit hole and gets you away from playing. You start playing the sliders instead of the game. I agree. I was doing good about that, then I got into "I wonder if I can make it better" instead of "its good, just roll"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »