Home

Old 01-30-2024, 08:20 AM   #9
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Forme

Testing play call limits and cooldowns OFF.

Through 3 games yesterday, the defense looked more beefier and stood taller. Even with more blitzing, still only saw around 3 or 4 sacks a game. One thing that stood out, was the appearance of M Garrett getting more double teams which freed up other guys to improve sacks. Also, I saw the QB go into more pressure situations and causing more throw aways and errant throws. If anything, it atleast improved defense to my liking.

On the offense side, while I did see more short passes (possibly bc of pressure), I am seeing an increase in TE receptions and also deeper pass attempts. With limits I was not seeing deep attempts as often, but a lot of mid range completed passes. Off seems to also spread the ball around more.

Im by no means sold on this yet after 3 games. It is looking good though so far. Im all about defense. I will always take a defensive battle over a high scoring huge offensive game any day. However I am trying to keep a good balance.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 02-05-2024, 10:24 AM   #10
MVP

forme95's Arena

OP update.

Im going back to limits for play calling. While I did see some differences and notably a more powerful defense with it unlimited. It started to get repetitive after 9 games. The game found short plays and/or plays that worked and only ran those plays. Example, was only seeing 3 or 4 screens a game turned into 7 to 9 a game. Check downs also became more regular. I could make slider adjustments to compensate, but I am really happy with the ways the sliders are working.

Another is, Trades. While still dumb logic plays its part, I really liked the results of turning ON trades for week 4, week 8, and then leaving them on till end of daft.
What you see is the cpu will sign from FA, release someone, rinse and repeat. Dumb part is, I saw K Blankship go to 12 teams in one season. A lot of K/P movement throughout the season. As I said, dumb trades get cut down.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 02-12-2024, 06:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Does the playcalling play more realistic if you have the cooldown limit on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2024, 07:16 PM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

The f-in fumble slider. Every year kills me. Down to 15 qb fumbles 1 to 3x a game, 30, 3 fumbles a game, but more random. 50, everyone fumbles SMDH LOL

Last edited by forme95; 02-13-2024 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:31 PM   #13
MVP

forme95's Arena

I seriously doubt it's placebo, but when I go straight into my cfm and do stuff and play week it seems the game Speed is fast and get wonky playing. However when I turn on game and go through settings before I go into cfm, it plays smoother. Not before every game, but when you first turn it on.

Old 02-12-2024, 07:34 PM   #14
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuddyyy
Does the playcalling play more realistic if you have the cooldown limit on?
I really think it does. Unlimited plays seem to become repetitive and more noticeable. With limits plays were harder to recognize. See post #10.

Last edited by forme95; 02-13-2024 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:18 PM   #15
MVP

forme95's Arena

I'm 100% convinced that special teams slider does nothing for special teams and everything to do with offense and defense. I'm not even sure if it's in a good way or bad way. Only 2 games in testing, but I DO NOT like what I'm seeing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2024, 11:37 AM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

Really questioning if ratings really matter outside of Sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »