Home

Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

This is a discussion on Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2022, 12:30 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Aegis
I actually think the gameplay is better with acc clock turned on. I think the first yr they introduced acc clock they may have been some issues vs no acc clock.
I can't speak on this testing because I haven't tried it. But I use 13 Minutes with 15 seconds runoff

I did the coaching adjustments and lowered the INT's like everyone else.

But then I went a step further and edited like 4 teams coaching schemes to make them run the ball more and presto with the run ratio being higher for those 4 teams it led to very little INT's because they weren't playing like 1980's Chargers or Dolphins all game.

I don't expect more than 1% of the forums to try this but hey if the CPU runs more it makes for a better than Madden that what are seeing out of the box right now.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-26-2022, 06:08 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

For number of plays in a game…are you guys all counting every sack, punt, penalty, etc as plays to that total?
Or are you simply just adding up pass attempts and rush attempts for your total # of plays in a game?
Old 08-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I can't speak on this testing because I haven't tried it. But I use 13 Minutes with 15 seconds runoff

I did the coaching adjustments and lowered the INT's like everyone else.

But then I went a step further and edited like 4 teams coaching schemes to make them run the ball more and presto with the run ratio being higher for those 4 teams it led to very little INT's because they weren't playing like 1980's Chargers or Dolphins all game.

I don't expect more than 1% of the forums to try this but hey if the CPU runs more it makes for a better than Madden that what are seeing out of the box right now.
Did you just give them a stronger run playbook like Browns or Titans and change oyt scheme? CPU play calling and clock management has been terrible for years and never gets fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 01:21 PM   #52
Rookie

saints0221's Arena

Started a fantasy draft league with the Saints and changed to 11 min quarters with accel off after reading this post. First game was one of the best games I have played of any Madden ever. I won 35-34 on last second kick. I had Baker Mayfield at QB, Falcons had Davis Mills. They killed me on a couple long plays to Tyreek Hill and one of their other receivers. I had a couple big plays as well. They threw 3 picks but none were cheesy and no pick 6. I threw one and fumbled once.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #53
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I normally play 12 minute quarters with accelerated clock set to 17, I was basically done with the game on all madden. Everything just felt so cheap and scripted. The cpu offense would constantly match the ball downfield with easy completions and gashing runs, my defense couldn’t do anything at all.

Since switched to 9 minutes ni accelerated clock (about 7 games now) I’ve notice a night and day difference. The game is still hard but I wouldn’t consider it cheap, cpu defenders actually break on routes and make football plays. Is it perfect? No absolutely not buts tolerable.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:19 PM   #54
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

ugh I'm on my usual 10 min / No acc clock / all pro and I'm getting like 2 picks a game off the desperation cross field CPU pass. Tried longer qt times as well. guess ill wait for them to patch this ... I wonder if changing the QB "force pass " trait down might help
Old 10-01-2022, 10:47 AM   #55
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
For number of plays in a game…are you guys all counting every sack, punt, penalty, etc as plays to that total?
Or are you simply just adding up pass attempts and rush attempts for your total # of plays in a game?

Total pass attempts, rush attempts, and sacks for both teams combined = Total plays for game. Do NOT count punts, kickoffs, PAT's, penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #56
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks Josh, I've always used 10M/20ACC as well but with M23 it seems like I need a few more plays to keep the stats in line with simmed stats.

I'll try a game today with accel clock off, 10M quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »