Home

Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

This is a discussion on Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2022, 01:41 PM   #57
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

Just came across this thread yesterday. I’ve been trying everything to fix the newer Maddens (M21/M22/M23). I really want to like these games, but as you all know there’s glaring issues with each that cause much frustration. I’m a “coach” mode player and it’s been a difficult ride trying to get the game in a place where it plays decent for that style. I’ve tried editing player traits and everything else in between only to find myself back to square one. Yesterday I decided that I was spending too much time editing the game and not enough time playing. So, I’ve cut down my quarter length from 15 to 10 minutes and turned off the accelerated clock as suggested in the OP. The only player traits I edit still are for the QBs. Played a few games last night and I have to say that this adjustment plays a much better game. Thanks to JoshC1977 for the suggestion and the posting I believe this may have saved me from totally disregarding these Maddens….

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by WeAreAllKings; 12-04-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:27 PM   #58
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

Weird enough, this was discussed a few years ago in past Maddens where accelerated clock was affecting gameplay and the CPU play call in a negative way. Basically, I turned off every feature in Madden that was added post Ian Cummings. Plays much better. To include the parity speed threshold…Madden is where I think it should be.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:00 PM   #59
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

I wish they wouldn’t have taken out the ability to choose your game speed. I’d rather have that than the player speed threshold. In choosing game speed, you could get much better gameplay/animations IMO.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #60
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Weird enough, this was discussed a few years ago in past Maddens where accelerated clock was affecting gameplay and the CPU play call in a negative way. Basically, I turned off every feature in Madden that was added post Ian Cummings. Plays much better. To include the parity speed threshold…Madden is where I think it should be.

So what exactly did you turn off/set to zero?

Old 12-08-2022, 09:03 PM   #61
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

I’m back to playing M21/M22 with the 10 minute quarter length and accelerated clock off. Seems to be playing pretty well so far. Other than the changes I noted in an earlier post, I also turned off intentional grounding. This seems to help the QB logic IMO.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #62
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
I’m back to playing M21/M22 with the 10 minute quarter length and accelerated clock off. Seems to be playing pretty well so far. Other than the changes I noted in an earlier post, I also turned off intentional grounding. This seems to help the QB logic IMO.

This post was meant for another thread….

Old 12-08-2022, 09:21 PM   #63
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
So what exactly did you turn off/set to zero?

Just the helpers, accelerated clock, and at one time the salary cap because Pat maddens had FA issues after a few seasons. I keep it on now
Old 12-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #64
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Just FWIW, I've been playing with the accelerated clock "off" for a few months now, and the game plays more the way that I think it should. I put the off in parenthesis, because the clock still is accelerated in this setting, but not to the extent that it is with it on. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it to be totally off, like in the old, old days.

But the CPU offense and defense both play a far less aggressive, less chaotic style of football for me this way. The CPU actually tries to run the ball most of the time, they throw passes other than deep bombs, and they don't blitz every single down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »