Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2024, 09:01 PM   #305
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

it's on the cheap because it's shallow gameplay, players get bored and move on. if it had great mouse swing to shape your shots and get a different outcome every time, it would still be worth full price. it's a shame nobody cares to evolve the way you play. think about sports games in general, they play almost the same they did on PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2024, 09:25 PM   #306
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
it's on the cheap because it's shallow gameplay, players get bored and move on. if it had great mouse swing to shape your shots and get a different outcome every time, it would still be worth full price. it's a shame nobody cares to evolve the way you play. think about sports games in general, they play almost the same they did on PS2.

I agree totally

It'd be so compelling with a great mouse swing where you were in full control.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:14 AM   #307
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.

Most of the users on PC are playing 3-click like the good old time, and they can't enter pro, tour or sim tournaments because it doesn't allow 3-click. And it's the same with online head to head where it's all analog stick swing. And another thing with 3-click, even though it's easier, there's still some random in there to drive anybody nuts.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:47 AM   #308
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
Most of the users on PC are playing 3-click like the good old time, and they can't enter pro, tour or sim tournaments because it doesn't allow 3-click. And it's the same with online head to head where it's all analog stick swing. And another thing with 3-click, even though it's easier, there's still some random in there to drive anybody nuts.
it's true, if you notice it seems to kick in random left right when your under par.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:53 PM   #309
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

i'm playing TW 11 on rpcs3 and the development is just better. The swing, commentary, cameras, animations, your golfer. it looks better and the clouds actually move.

these games are 12 years apart

Do you see this stance in the new golf game?

of course not, EA just auto moves your ball.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 03-29-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:01 AM   #310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
I've definitely seen a stance like that. I recently had ball lies that were fairly severe.

3 click is challenging on hard difficulty. To make it additionally harder is to use my putting guide I "published" earlier + use the overhead grid only (not the putting line or on the green grid at all.) Also, don't use a jacked up player. I think somewhere around 75-80 overall is reasonable.

addendum: just tried the 11 version on rpcs3 and in no way does that gameplay compare. It's dated.

Last edited by MTLExpos4Ever; 03-29-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:04 PM   #311
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
I've definitely seen a stance like that. I recently had ball lies that were fairly severe.

3 click is challenging on hard difficulty. To make it additionally harder is to use my putting guide I "published" earlier + use the overhead grid only (not the putting line or on the green grid at all.) Also, don't use a jacked up player. I think somewhere around 75-80 overall is reasonable.

addendum: just tried the 11 version on rpcs3 and in no way does that gameplay compare. It's dated.
the analog swing is more in sink in TW11 than in EA PGA. How is this dated when it's just better, and more responsive. I can even say the ball physics are horrible in EA PGA. Hitting a ball 170 yards and watching it land and turn left like there's no forward momentum is a joke of real physics.

Hit into the wind with a wedge and it spins like a top, rolling off the green every time.

The ball doesn't even plug in this new game but does in TW11.
There isn't a penalty in EA PGA in the rough but is in TW11.
The cup physics are better in TW11 also, don't know who did them in EA PGA but they are borked.

What's actually better gameplay wise in EA PGA? Just trying to see your view.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 03-30-2024 at 10:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 01:23 PM   #312
Pro

I wish this game would work like TW11. When you max out, you could almost land the ball on a dime. On this one, it's going 10 feet right of the pin, the next one 10 feet left of the pin, the next one maybe somewhere in between... I can somewhat live with that when playing a round, but it's ridiculous when I try to complete one of the challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »