Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2024, 02:44 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

I don't really understand how anyone could think EA 23 gameplay and swing experience is better than the TW run of 2011-2014

I think the graphics and it being "current" are clouding judgement on that a bit.

I guarantee you if the TW era swing and gameplay were "installed" in the new GFX of 2023, people would be singing its praises

How something looks can really cloud opinions of it
Old 03-29-2024, 05:54 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree. I don't think Tiger 11-14 was the ultimate gameplay but to me it is vastly superior to the current game. Bad lies matter. You had the right stick to "pick" the ball out of the rough and sand (to me this is still best replication of hitting out of trouble in any golf game). Swing stick was real time with golfers on screen. There wasn't random.

What we need is someone to take the putting and swing from PGA 2K23, the play out of hazards of Tiger 13, the physics and weather of Tiger 13, the career mode of either Riger 13 or EA Golf, and the visuals of EA golf and meld them together.

I've said it before but the random in the EA game is so odd to me. I've golfed most if my life and if I felt the results were random I would quit. The way the ball flies is based on the execution of the shot. You may get "random" bounces and hops but the ball goes how you hit it.

I can play EA golf on 3 click after messing around with my skills and get an ok game. But to me swing stick isn't even option (I hit it straight almost every time despite the same motion in PGA 2K23 resulting in many mi****s). The random, the lack of sand/rough penalties in most situations, the slow golfer animations not matching real time with inputs.....just too many negatives to really make EA Golf qualify as great golf game.

If Tiger 13 didn't take 5 minutes to load between every hole and play so slow I'd take that over EA Golf current game without hesitation. To me it was both more fun and better represented golf

Last edited by TheBrew101; 03-29-2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:30 AM   #315
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I don't really understand how anyone could think EA 23 gameplay and swing experience is better than the TW run of 2011-2014

I think the graphics and it being "current" are clouding judgement on that a bit.

I guarantee you if the TW era swing and gameplay were "installed" in the new GFX of 2023, people would be singing its praises

How something looks can really cloud opinions of it
your right about that, the swing in TW11 is so crisp and silky smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2024, 12:15 PM   #316
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
If Tiger 13 didn't take 5 minutes to load between every hole and play so slow I'd take that over EA Golf current game without hesitation. To me it was both more fun and better represented golf

Curious - have you tried it in emulation?

(assuming you have PC hardware that can do it)

I haven't done it again recently, but it was quite a revelation last time I tried TW14 in emulation, and with upscaling!

For my money, all EA had to do was update the TW14 assets and change out any IP they didn't have licensed (TW stuff, among anything else)..

That would have been a real winner and one that could have probably released on PS4 and PS5 gen hardware ... more sales = "mo betta" for the golf niche in particular

(instead of recycling and adding to Rory - bleh)

Last edited by scagwi; 03-30-2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:04 PM   #317
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Curious - have you tried it in emulation?

(assuming you have PC hardware that can do it)

I haven't done it again recently, but it was quite a revelation last time I tried TW14 in emulation, and with upscaling!

For my money, all EA had to do was update the TW14 assets and change out any IP they didn't have licensed (TW stuff, among anything else)..

That would have been a real winner and one that could have probably released on PS4 and PS5 gen hardware ... more sales = "mo betta" for the golf niche in particular

(instead of recycling and adding to Rory - bleh)
yeah using rpcs3. It's amazing that the developers don't know what a good swing is.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:25 PM   #318
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

this game is trash, bunkers don't have proper physics they just look like bunkers and the swing has so much delay, it's completely disconnected from your analog stick.

If you look at the bunkers all they are is a texture that is placed overtop of the course model. Ball rolls right through and doesn't plug. They played more realistic in TW2003. Sad indeed.

This is newer tech being used by inexperienced low talent developers.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 04-02-2024 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:28 PM   #319
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
this game is trash, bunkers don't have proper physics they just look like bunkers and the swing has so much delay, it's completely disconnected from your analog stick.

If you look at the bunkers all they are is a texture that is placed overtop of the course model. Ball rolls right through and doesn't plug. They played more realistic in TW2003. Sad indeed.

This is newer tech being used by inexperienced low talent developers.
No argument here.

Adding more courses and some content like they are doing may get some people excited but for me the gameplay is not compelling Which renders Everything else moot
Old 04-02-2024, 06:16 PM   #320
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I agree. I don't think Tiger 11-14 was the ultimate gameplay but to me it is vastly superior to the current game. Bad lies matter. You had the right stick to "pick" the ball out of the rough and sand (to me this is still best replication of hitting out of trouble in any golf game). Swing stick was real time with golfers on screen. There wasn't random.

What we need is someone to take the putting and swing from PGA 2K23, the play out of hazards of Tiger 13, the physics and weather of Tiger 13, the career mode of either Riger 13 or EA Golf, and the visuals of EA golf and meld them together.

I've said it before but the random in the EA game is so odd to me. I've golfed most if my life and if I felt the results were random I would quit. The way the ball flies is based on the execution of the shot. You may get "random" bounces and hops but the ball goes how you hit it.

I can play EA golf on 3 click after messing around with my skills and get an ok game. But to me swing stick isn't even option (I hit it straight almost every time despite the same motion in PGA 2K23 resulting in many mi****s). The random, the lack of sand/rough penalties in most situations, the slow golfer animations not matching real time with inputs.....just too many negatives to really make EA Golf qualify as great golf game.

13 was an easy mechanic that didn’t really present any challenge. 11,12 & 14 had challenging swing options though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »