Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2024, 03:39 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

It's been a few more nights and my uncle and I are still having an ok time, but I'll admit the shine is coming off a little bit

This game has a strange way of making me feel like I'm only "kind of" in control of what is happening. It's so weird, but we both can almost "feel" the game logic doing stuff in the background.

I don't know if I'd say it's "bad" -- it just is pretty different from something like PG, where whatever happens out there, great, bad, horrendous -- you know is coming from your actions.

Not sure what this will mean for us long term honestly.

Graphics are great and we are enjoying that still
Old 02-28-2024, 10:30 PM   #290
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
It's been a few more nights and my uncle and I are still having an ok time, but I'll admit the shine is coming off a little bit

This game has a strange way of making me feel like I'm only "kind of" in control of what is happening. It's so weird, but we both can almost "feel" the game logic doing stuff in the background.

I don't know if I'd say it's "bad" -- it just is pretty different from something like PG, where whatever happens out there, great, bad, horrendous -- you know is coming from your actions.

Not sure what this will mean for us long term honestly.

Graphics are great and we are enjoying that still
it's RNG golf.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 PM   #291
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
it's RNG golf.

I suspect that's exactly what is dawning on us the more we play.

I don't understand why they feel the need to force that on everyone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 11:46 PM   #292
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

It’s honestly starting to feel like Madden to me. Scripted animation based gameplay. Especially with the putting.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:19 AM   #293
Pro

Quote:

Online play... like somebody else said, online could be (or is) the biggest reason gaming is ruined. RNG is making it more difficult for cheaters, straight shooters or whatever you want to call them, to win. Sadly, it's also making the game more unrealistic for the rest of us who want a realistic game.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:27 AM   #294
Rookie

Quote:

3. I don't know if I'm going to bother leveling up my guy. I'm finding great great fun with my stock guy and not using the Flop. Just a great amount of challenge but still rewarding and just "fun". I think I'd get annoyed if I started leveling up, as I see a lot of comments about it becoming too easy. I don't want that at all.
I'm currently up to an overall 73 with fairly even assignment of the leveling up tokens. It could be my controller, but I'm finding even with just a few upgrades on driving, it's pretty easy to put it down the FW consistently. I think I looked up once that even the best golfers are around 70% hitting the FW (I don't think that includes putting it on the green on par 3's, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there). So, I may scale back accuracy and go only so far with power there.

Also, agreed with your point #4.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:43 AM   #295
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
I'm currently up to an overall 73 with fairly even assignment of the leveling up tokens. It could be my controller, but I'm finding even with just a few upgrades on driving, it's pretty easy to put it down the FW consistently. I think I looked up once that even the best golfers are around 70% hitting the FW (I don't think that includes putting it on the green on par 3's, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there). So, I may scale back accuracy and go only so far with power there.

Also, agreed with your point #4.

So neither of us have done a single thing with any tokens to this point.

I wouldn't want anything about it to get any easier than it sort of already is.

I can't believe people (and EA) want a golf game that is super easy. To me that is just boring as heck and totally unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2024, 11:07 AM   #296
Rookie

Quote:
So neither of us have done a single thing with any tokens to this point.

I wouldn't want anything about it to get any easier than it sort of already is.

I can't believe people (and EA) want a golf game that is super easy. To me that is just boring as heck and totally unrealistic.
All of these games are getting like that. I tried out a Diamond Dynasty league for like 3 mins. for The Show and can't believe how arcadey the online side of things has played into guys we used to shun for trying to bring in their "99" level players and teams. It's just plain dumb as far as I'm concerned.

It also seems like with online for this game you cannot dictate what is left on or off, even in private matches. At least in 2K's game you could do that. Dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »