Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-03-2023, 11:39 PM   #281
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

i got 16gb more ram today and it made a big difference in my games that are graphics heavy, like this game is. the freezing and stuttering is gone. you can't run with 16gb of ram anymore you need 32gb. Also i found out that your vram and ram work together. so if you get more ram your game will use less vram. i have msi afterburner proof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2023, 03:19 AM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 0

For this you need to make a new game with specific settings if you make kindly let me know also.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:38 PM   #283
Rookie

I got the 10 hour trial through EA Play (which came packaged with Game Pass Ultimate subscription) and with it being dropped below $20 for now, I'm wonder what anyone would suggest in how to best utilize these 10 hours to get the best sense of the game. I realize the online may be broken and I'm not as worried as that (like I used to be.)
Old 02-12-2024, 04:21 PM   #284
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLExpos4Ever
I got the 10 hour trial through EA Play (which came packaged with Game Pass Ultimate subscription) and with it being dropped below $20 for now, I'm wonder what anyone would suggest in how to best utilize these 10 hours to get the best sense of the game. I realize the online may be broken and I'm not as worried as that (like I used to be.)
I'd say challenges and career mode...those are the best features EA's game offers, IMO.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:53 PM   #285
Rookie

Really liking this game and after watching some of a Matt10 video and his suggestion of the putting grid off with the line on. However, I can see where you can "cheat" that somewhat since your putt power isn't dependent strictly on your controller stick. I think EA would be better served by making the arrow restricted so I'm gonna have to self-impose that for the sake of some realism. Still working on distances for the basic myplayer (lowest ranking) and not sure that I'm going to upgrade all that much and try to make the uber-myplayer --- always seemed silly to me. Maybe 75 overall at the highest. Still learning the partial shot distances and other nuances, but really nice entry into the golf gaming world again by EA.

Last edited by MTLExpos4Ever; 02-21-2024 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2024, 08:18 PM   #286
MVP

Anyone playing this with one of the Intel Arc GPUs?

The A770 or A750 specifically

Last edited by scagwi; 02-23-2024 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:41 PM   #287
MVP

I realized I should really post my updates and feelings in this PC oriented thread, as that's where I'm playing the game.

A few comments.

1. This has improved a LOT since launch and I've been unfairly holding onto old opinions.

2. It plays great for me in 1080p or 4k with a relatively older build. i7 8700 + RX 6800 -- admittedly using AMD Frame Gen, which keeps me well above 60fps, even in 4k, all the time (usually north of 100fps honestly) and smooth

3. I don't know if I'm going to bother leveling up my guy. I'm finding great great fun with my stock guy and not using the Flop. Just a great amount of challenge but still rewarding and just "fun". I think I'd get annoyed if I started leveling up, as I see a lot of comments about it becoming too easy. I don't want that at all.

4. I turned off "auto-tap-in" -- Way faster and more pleasurable to just do it myself real quick. I will turn this back on if they ever allow the option to "not watch it" (how odd they are forcing that...)

5. The graphics here are finally of that caliber I've wanted -- forever -- in a golf game, where I can literally just enjoy "being out there", for the visuals alone. No golf game has ever done this for me and it's glorious. The way each course has it's own real life unique feel is just uncanny.

Last edited by scagwi; 02-23-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:18 PM   #288
MVP

Can anyone comment on a particular course and situation they've noticed is particularly demanding in terms of hitting the FPS?

I'd like to stress test a couple different GPU options for a PC build, with this game in mind, and I'm curious if folks have noticed that say:

"X course with evening settings is really taxing on the computer"

Does that make sense?

Or maybe just a certain course in general is really demanding?

Anything like that would be super helpful

Thank you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »