Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2023, 08:41 AM   #225
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Would someone with an HDR display be willing to test something out? Try disabling HDR and see if you notice any difference in the framerates, especially in the flyovers. I was messing around with Reshade and decided to disable thein game HDR, and I swear if felt noticeably less laggy.

I'm not saying this some magic fix, just curious if someone else could chime in.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2023, 01:16 PM   #226
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

So I've been playing this on PS5. I wanted to check it out on PC and downloaded trial from EA Play through the app. It won't even launch. Video drivers are updated.

i7 11700 cpu
3060 rtx gpu
16gb ram

Any tips? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2023, 02:30 PM   #227
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
So I've been playing this on PS5. I wanted to check it out on PC and downloaded trial from EA Play through the app. It won't even launch. Video drivers are updated.

i7 11700 cpu
3060 rtx gpu
16gb ram

Any tips? Thanks.
Like... it "crashes" at some point in launching?
Or what's going on?

Something must be amiss with the install.

I can run it mostly "ok" on an i7-8700 and RX 6800 with 32GB RAM
Old 04-16-2023, 04:05 PM   #228
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Like... it "crashes" at some point in launching?
Or what's going on?

Something must be amiss with the install.

I can run it mostly "ok" on an i7-8700 and RX 6800 with 32GB RAM
Something like sorry unexpected error is keeping game from starting. I tried reinstall game, reinstall ea app, clear cache, install it on different hard drives. Ever since it became EA app from Origin I’ve had problems.

Right now I’m trying installing on my laptop which meets min requirements.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:21 PM   #229
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Well… it works on my laptop.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:38 PM   #230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I know by today's standards my system is way in the back seat, but I can't say it struggles badly with current-gen games... at least not the ones I play in 1440p, or less. It can run PGA TOUR 2K23 at 1440p/60 FPS, with the detail settings at high. It runs Automobilista 2 and Forza 7 in high detail at 60 FPS in 1080p. I figured it would at least run EA Sports PGA Tour in medium to low detail at 60 FPS in 1080p, but it struggles to maintain 30 FPS at low detail settings there.

I was in no way expecting to run EA Sports PGA Tour in 4K, at any graphics detail settings on this PC gaming fossil on which I game. I'm just surprised at how the game underperforms compared to other current-gen games running in the same res.
Your problem there is that all the games you're using as reference points are last-gen games. PGA 2K23 is the same underlying engine as The Golf Club 1, which was released on XBox One (and 2K23 still runs on Xbox One). Forza 7 was an Xbox One game. AMS2 is based on the Madness Engine, which was originally released with Project Cars, an XBox One game.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:58 PM   #231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SituationSoap
Your problem there is that all the games you're using as reference points are last-gen games. PGA 2K23 is the same underlying engine as The Golf Club 1, which was released on XBox One (and 2K23 still runs on Xbox One). Forza 7 was an Xbox One game. AMS2 is based on the Madness Engine, which was originally released with Project Cars, an XBox One game.
EA PGA 23 is built off of Rory, which was released in 2015 for PS5/XB1

Surely there must be a way to offer some performance modes (lower resolution and gfx setting combos) that can make things better on more middle end and/or older hardware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #232
Pro

Scagwi, are you getting any enjoyment with the new game at all? You've probably read that I've found my way with it in spite of all of it's flaws, there are a couple of modes I'm playing a lot and liking it. I really like learning the touch and feel of the short game especially.

It still has a long way to go but I wanted to like it so badly, I've found a way to for a while I guess lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »