Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2023, 12:23 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Probably got around 15-20 hrs of play in Career mode. Golfer is about 78 OVR, I can hit most fairways but struggle with consistent irons/approach. A usual round for me would be anywhere from -3 to -6 and I’m on all default settings for difficulty. I feel the short game is harder to master than prior years, and there is definitely some weird ball physics around and on the green.
I’d concur with this. Short game is definitely where a lot of the challenge lies, fairways are pretty easy for me to hit on your difficulty. Short game can be punishing though if you don’t take your time and plan your approach.
Old 04-12-2023, 10:11 AM   #194
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Did the patch improve PC performance at all? I haven’t been able to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2023, 10:33 AM   #195
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10

Nope. I sit the game aside until it gets fixed. I can still play with decent performance, but we shouldn't have to play unoptimized messes.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 10:39 AM   #196
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
I'm playing the 10 hour trial version on my PC, and I can't spot any performance improvements in it. They did fix the Dolby Vision issue that was preventing my PC from playing the game without having to work around it hooking the PC up to a non Dolby Vision monitor to turn it off, then back to your regular monitor (in my case a 55" TCL Series 6 HDTV). They did it within an hour of my having gone through all the hoops necessary to make it happen with the work around. It's nice to have that fixed now though.

Oh, since the patch, I saw a couple of lies in the heavy rough in the 60 to 75% range. That makes the rough much more of a realistic factor now. Mostly though, I'm finding this game unplayable on my PC, which IMO isn't a dawg:

Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
Old 04-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #197
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Thank you guys for the replies.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:45 PM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm playing the 10 hour trial version on my PC, and I can't spot any performance improvements in it. They did fix the Dolby Vision issue that was preventing my PC from playing the game without having to work around it hooking the PC up to a non Dolby Vision monitor to turn it off, then back to your regular monitor (in my case a 55" TCL Series 6 HDTV). They did it within an hour of my having gone through all the hoops necessary to make it happen with the work around. It's nice to have that fixed now though.

Oh, since the patch, I saw a couple of lies in the heavy rough in the 60 to 75% range. That makes the rough much more of a realistic factor now. Mostly though, I'm finding this game unplayable on my PC, which IMO isn't a dawg:

Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
Unfortunately, your CPU don't appear to be minimum spec that EA state and the gfx card is just above borderline for this game as well. Hope the game gets tweaked so that's its playable for you and others with similar PC specs.
https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-p...Localized=true
Old 04-13-2023, 12:34 AM   #199
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeazesNDR
Unfortunately, your CPU don't appear to be minimum spec that EA state and the gfx card is just above borderline for this game as well. Hope the game gets tweaked so that's its playable for you and others with similar PC specs.
https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-p...Localized=true
I know my CPU didn't show on EA's minimum spec listing, but my i7-4770 is rated by Game-Debate.com as having 14% more processing power than the i5-6600K that EA lists as minimum. I figured I was two steps above the minimum graphics card, with a GTX 1070, where the minimum is a 1050, so that had me a bit above the minimum. I found out through experimentation today that I had to set the res to 720p, and dial the quality settings back to medium to low, turn the 3D grass, quality hair, and depth of field OFF. To get 60 FPS, most of the time.

I thought I'd be able to at least be able to do 1080p with the other settings and still get 60 FPS, but in practice, it's more like 48 to 55 FPS when I bump the res up to that.

In reality, it's really not worth the loss of graphics quality required to achieve 60 FPS, because the swing animation speed is so heavily throttled by the game engine that it's that animation ceiling that's causing the offset between stick and swing animation. I don't do that much better with the swing at 60 FPS/720p, than I do with 1080p and some quality settings turned to high and 3D grass on at 30 FPS because of this, yet, I still miss proportionally 'feeling' the swing with my stick.

If I eventually wind up buying this game, it would be the XBox Series X version *if* they can update it with a 60 FPS option AND patch in an option to turn the putting meter off. It sounds like they're already on their way with the putting meter. I'm really not holding much hope out for 60 FPS on the Series X. They'd have to cut the res back to 1080p, and probably drop a lot of the graphics quality options back a notch or two. I'll give them a chance though.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:53 AM   #200
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Are you guys seeing the really bad frame drops and stuttering when the scene transitions from the hole flyover to the “logo” for the tournament (ex: The masters, or US Open) and then transitioning back to the view of your player on the tee box?

My FPS drops to teens and twenties during these times. That’s the worst it gets during the round. I don’t see how this could be possible unless it’s some game engine issue.

Once back on the tee, I get between 35 and 80, depending on what needs to be rendered.

I have everything on ultra and no dynamic hair.

Using 16gb ram ddr4 3200, i5-11400f, rx6750xt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »